Studio Furniture :confused:

btw I scored my RTA Creation Station for $15 at a Goodwill. Look on CL type things because people usually buy them and don't even use them. I don't even use the built in rack like I have in my avatar anymore because it was pretty gross having all that clutter right in front me and having my monitors pretty high up. It's way more comfortable now having my desk clear and gear off to the sides of me.

I plan on copying Drips design soon

I got a long-ass Ikea desk with a pull-out table on the side for my 19" stuff and I have monitors on stands.

Super cheap and looks dope.

DIY :

drms%20(6).jpg

I use an incredibly simple Ethan Allen desk with speaker stands and a side rack built out of Ikea RAST bookshelves and rack rails. I had a Producer Station before... RTA stuff is built like crap and will not last. Wobbly as hell and looks very, very cheap in person.

Look for one used. I have this exact desk, except I paid $150 for it used in great condition.

It's a great desk EXCEPT the metal sheets across the back are a terrible design decision, they make it really difficult to access the back of anything mounted in the racks. If you value your sanity, plan on using a patch bay if you're going to rack mount your gear.

Used to have the producer station, and it is a nice bit of kit, BUT the monitor position is quite high, so although probably great for your spine, if you are short or your chair is low, it kills your neck. Small point, but for long sessions you need to be comfortable to concentrate...

Then again, maybe I'm just a short-ass :)

Old room pic of my RTA creation station, the slightly smaller one. Its OK. The accessibility for to the back of the rack completely depends on where it is with the wall. Its so awkward with mine, and the angle of the rack is super sloped too, so even though you can fit around five 1U or two 2U + 1U racks, really you can only get two 2U or four 1U in there because the angle would push another into the wood surface.

Contrary to what some say, mine is extremely sturdy though, doesn't budge or wobble at all on my thick carpet. I think it looks alright, having your monitors on stands is a must for how cramped it can get though.

2AyiP3d.jpg