Studio Log Part 7: Tracking some vocals (more will come in Part 8 .. hopefully)

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
Posting this video with the risk of people debating once again over the abilities of my singer and if he fits my music or not and if my music should stay instrumental or not but you know... fuck the nay sayers (nothing personal against anyone!), the vocals will stay, he will stay, let's go! Enjoy, and subscribe :)

Part 8 will probably be more vocals but also with some talk about the mic, the quick DIY "songbooth" etc. Maybe even a clip or two with me singing some backing vocals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice, a lot better than my expectations considering the samples of his voice you posted a while ago.

I just don't like when he does that clean parts, it's like they don't fit with the music at all, but all the growling is amazing ;)

Well nothing is really "done" yet and I think the clean parts will become much better when they're slightly pitch corrected and layered (thinking of layering my own voice in there). The end result could become quite thick and lush. We'll see.

Haven't watched your video yet Erkan... but maybe do a double-album ... with instrumental versions, ala Crack The Skye by Mastodon.

Just in case like. ;)

I dig the dirty vocals alot man, seems like he has a very "full" quality to the screams.

P

really fucking stoked on this and actually really liking his vocals! can't wait for the next videos and to hear the final product!

I knew he was the good choice back in the time when you didn't know which singer to choose :)

Really digging his growls. Reminds me of At The Gates or even Meshuggah if pushed a little harder !

Dug the growls, he's got a pretty crazy look goin on too and is pretty interesting to watch. :)

Awesome growls. Can't wait to hear it all finished.

I like the blanket, haha. I was watching the making of Shatter the Skies Above by Trivium, and Heafy used the same method to record the vocals in his home.

I'm glad that I slowly got used to his high screaming...the deeper ones slay \m/
the cleans are ok I think
just that spoken part made me o_O? but the idea is cool haha