Studio Recipies (stuff to feed you and the bands for cheap)

CatharsisStudios

trcksngsrpbngs
Jun 25, 2008
I just wanted to know if anyone ever does big cookouts with their bands or whatnot, at my place we usually make a pot of goulash 7$ that will last up to 3-4 days with 6 people

all you need is a pound of ground beef 80/20
4 cans of stewed tomatoes
1 bag of large elbow noodles
and one onion

its delicious!

loving gulash, I cook it very often.
If you want really cheap food, just buy stewed tomatoes, cook them with salt, pepper and a bit oregano
cook noodles, but a bit cheese over it, that's it, tastes acceptable to good and is pretty cheap, that's
the main meal for me and my girl all the time :D And it costs 1€ for both of us.

I'd say some pasta of sort would be great and cheap. Noodles, some sauce, ground beef or sausage or something.....unless, of course, they are vegans or something. Then I hit the DELETE button and tell them to GTFO. J/k haha.

Pasta, noodles, rice and tinned chopped tomatoes. Then you can go crazy with peppers, onions, mushrooms and spices if you wanna get a little more creative.
i always keep stockpiles of lentils, rice, chickpeas, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, cardamom pods.. etc around, that means all i have to buy on a weekly basis is fruit vegetables and tinned tomatoes.
whether you're cooking for bands or yourself, this is the way to cheap, healthy, TASTY food.

not necessarily cheap, but giant costco runs are the norm here.

For about 5 bucks a day per person (usually 5-6 people), we eat 3 meals a day and dinners are always BBQ. So either chicken, burgers, steaks, or shish kabobs.

so for 30 bucks a week I get breakfast (eggs/sausage or bacon/hash/toast/juice), lunch (sandwiches with deli meats), and dinner..BBQ. It's amazing.

1) Prepare a huge bowl of macaroni. Mix in a bit of olive oil.
2) Throw in a fuck-tonne of tuna in preferred flavors, a can of green peas, some pineapple, lots of cottage cheese and some diced cucumber.
3) Grab a can of Turkish yogurt. Crush a couple of garlic cloves in there. Add some salt, black pepper, lemon juice and absolutely ridiculous amounts of chili.
4) Mix everything and put the bowl in the fridge for an hour or two.
5) EAT FOR DAYS FUCK YEAH

I just wanted to know if anyone ever does big cookouts with their bands or whatnot, at my place we usually make a pot of goulash 7$ that will last up to 3-4 days with 6 people

all you need is a pound of ground beef 80/20
4 cans of stewed tomatoes
1 bag of large elbow noodles
and one onion

its delicious!

try it with egg noodles instead of the elbow macaroni

spaghetti and chili also work well for cheap-o meals to feed bunches of people...any kind of chicken can be cheap as hell also if you catch it on sale

I mostly end up eating fast food, I don't really get breaks long enough to cook! Bands seem to forget that they're coming in 1 at a time, while I'm working away constantly. Sometimes I'll pull away and make a sandwich or something.

My brother lives with me and sometimes he'll cook the dinner on the days I'm recording and drop it in to me and I eat as we're tracking. I track drums in my parents house and they usually cook a stew when I'm recording. Lasts 2 days, tastes great, is healthy and feeds the whole band. One its starts getting low just boil a kettle and add it, leave it simmer for another hour or two and your back in business.

Hot dogs extreme. 89 cents a package, and a couple loaves of bread, ketchup, mustard.

Or you could go grilled cheese. I've devised a way to grill those bad boys without spatulas.

My d*ck. It's like a self-refilling twinkie.

But all time fave, Egg noodles, sweet peas, chicken breasts, and cream of mushroom (i think), in a big ol' pot.
Nice and wholesome, and it tastes great. 'bout 20 bucks of the band's money.

I'm chock full of recipes

Super Nachos

1 bag of tortilla chips
1 or 2 bags of Fiesta or Mexican cheese blend (you can find it at the AP) or any three cheese combination (swiss, monterary jack, queso blanco, jalapeno jack, cheddar)
1 medium-sized red onion chopped
1 small ripe tomato
Canned or jarred jalapenos
Can of chopped black olives
1 lime for juicing
2 or 3 scallions
A large bunch of fresh cilantro
Mild to medium hot sauce or tabasco

Place your over-rack in the middle of the oven, preheat your oven to around 350F. Start off by grating your cheese and place it in a deep bowl. Finely chop the onions, scallions and cilantro and mix with the cheese. Juice a lime and pour the fresh lime juice into the cheese mixture. Put in a few dashes of a hot sauce into the cheese/veggie bowl, mix throughly. Chop a tomato. Have a large, shallow pan ready with one single layer of tortilla chips. Place some of the cheese/veggie mixture on top. Throw some chopped tomato, jalapenos and olives on top. On top of that layer, place some more chips, then some cheese, then some more veggies. Repeat. When you've finished layering, place the nachos in the oven for about 25 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the nachos and move the oven-rack to the top. Change your oven setting to BROIL! Let your nachos get crispy for a couple of minutes. Serve with salsa fresco (I will post recipe tomorrow) fresh guacamole (will also post recipe) and sour cream!!!

If you want some extra fiber, add a can of drained and rinsed black beans to the cheese/veggie mixture

For meat lovers, NOT KOSHER :)
When you are preheating your oven, take about a half pound (or more) of bacon and fry it up in a pan. If you are concerned about the grease factor, microwave the bacon on a plate lined with papers towels for about 2 minutes before frying. You want optimum crispy-ness. After frying the bacon, wrap it in a paper towel and let it sit. After having BROILED the nachos, crumble the bacon on top. Sausage can also be substituted for bacon.

Grilled chicken can also be substituted, but it won't give you as much of a heart attack.

curry07.jpg

Also, this shit is fucking amazing. You can find it in any Asian grocery or place that has Asian food items. You can also order it online. Cook it with whatever meat (or meat substitute) you want. Onion is preferable, but if onion is too much for you, add leeks You also want to use root vegetables, like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, turnips, etc., in the sauce. I would advise against beets though.

If the sauce is a bit too salty, pour in some white wine to tone it down.

Serve with steamed rice or rice noodles