[Stun] YBOD bridge official thread

Aug 11, 2002
K then, so our beloved Stun got lyrics to YBOD, but anyone seems able to understand the bridge.
My friends and I tried to figure it out and listening to the song again and again and again, reached this conclusion:

IN A PICTURE THAT IS MINE NOW YOU'RE SO ....

You're so?
I think it's "you're so dead" for you can clearly hear the "D" either in the beginning and the end of the word, but most of my friends and my english teacher (who isn't sure at all, btw, and is willing to ask the mothertongue teacher for a confirmation) are convinced it's "you're so gone".

So, what do y'all think it says in the bridge?
If we reach a conclusion, Stun's lyrics will finally be complete!

P.S.
Shud I remind y'all the song is titled "You're better off DEAD" and not "You're better off gone"?? :D :D

Hmm... it could be "in the picture that is mine now you're sufferin'"... I don't hear anything like a "d" sound, even when it's slowed down to 50%. There is an "s" sound for sure at the start of that last word(s) though. To tell you the truth it sounds more like "creature" but I've never been able to come up with anything that fits.

I just considered it improvised, because every time I listen to it I hear something different...

P.S. Isn't that the prechorus? :)

is there any possibility of that be sth like "you`re preaching..his mind... now yer suffering?" ...or am I deaf?

Originally posted by Stun
Hmm... it could be "in the picture that is mine now you're sufferin'"... I don't hear anything like a "d" sound, even when it's slowed down to 50%. There is an "s" sound for sure at the start of that last word(s) though. To tell you the truth it sounds more like "creature" but I've never been able to come up with anything that fits.

I just considered it improvised, because every time I listen to it I hear something different...

P.S. Isn't that the prechorus? :)

Prechorus=bridge

Btw, I listened to the song slowing it down by 50% and cleaning it with the audigy 2 software; here's my attempt to the lyrics the slowed-down song:

WARHEARTS (still i'm sure he says warhearts!)

Yo, what's the matter with you?
Watcha trying to do?
We're wrecking the place and I don't get it
And I'm gonna hurt you in anyway if you came to hear my apology: fuck you!
I'd give anything to batter you down
YEAH! All the way to six feet under
I wonder "should I stop"
still I see your fucking ass rot
Now you're in pieces, you're living alone
(?????) Till you knock in the path I was sick (it isn't SPAT, btw)
And you're hurting forever, it's like living in bondage, nothing special left

IN A PICTURE THAT IS MINE NOW YOU'RE SO DEAD

give it a try stun.
I got plenty of other version listening to it, but they make no sense... here u are some exemples:

1. And you're preaching that is mine your suffering
2. On the bridge...(??) you're so dead
3. You were preaching that ....(???) now you're so dead
4. In the picture that's mine my love's so dead

bah, dunno.
let me know if u find out sthing... my pals and i will go on until we get something ;)

Well "in a picture that is mine" makes almost no sense at all... and "hurt you in anyway" makes -no- sense... hehe and prechorus isn't the same as a bridge, bridge is like the "post-chorus" (after). The part where he says "would you love me to death?" is the bridge (or interlude).

Anyways, I think my lyrics are pretty close... I am going to leave them as they are for now and see what happens. The best for lyric-listening by far that I know of is Ohm Force's Frohmage 1.31 (winamp plugin)... as well as the Enhancer v.17 (use them both at the same time)...

I've also considered the possibility that he says "preaching" or something similar but it's hard to figure out what goes into that spew. He could be improvising too, like he does in a lot of songs (forgot the lyrics for that part???)...

Hey Stun, what about these:

(from the verse)

I'm gonna hurt you and anyone who can't even hear my apology: FUCK YOU!

-----hey, this one makes much more sense to me----

(prechorus)

The picture is mine not yours to burn!

Listen to the song and tell me what d'u think; i did it and I think they're both pretty good, especially the first one.
They're from a friend of mine.

tempestadiossa, you shouldn't worry too much about these lyrics. They seem to make sense to me, so I think that they will be printed in the booklet of the new album and so we all will know them.