Stupid Question about Pod Farm.

I'll give you the latency argument, but I don't like to print/export tracks and have to clean it up later. I only do that for tracking vocals.

What I mean is that you just route the input to two channels and print the Pod Farm output as you record, not separately. But also I don't see the problem doing it as a separate print, as Cubase has Batch export that does it in less than 30 seconds for all the tracks if they don't have much more than just Pod Farm there.

Why are we arguing about this? It seems like a preference choice to me. I HAVE to use direct monitoring because of my ghetto processor, and if you have a powerful enough computer where you're getting like <10ms latency. You're better off that way IMO (which isn't worth much but idc!)

Also thanks for the contribution once again ahj. If I ever buff up my computer I'll have to try it out :rofl:

Why are we arguing about this? It seems like a preference choice to me. I HAVE to use direct monitoring because of my ghetto processor, and if you have a powerful enough computer where you're getting like <10ms latency. You're better off that way IMO (which isn't worth much but idc!)

Also thanks for the contribution once again ahj. If I ever buff up my computer I'll have to try it out :rofl:

Which part of the "USING POD FARM IS NOT DIRECT MONITORING" did you not get? If you use a physical POD, then you can use direct monitoring, but if you use the software, it's not direct monitoring. It's INPUT -> AD conversion, ASIO driver input, Pod Farm, ASIO driver output, DA conversion -> OUTPUT.

Direct monitoring is INPUT -> (AD/DA conversion and routing) -> OUTPUT. Nothing else. If you don't understand the difference: ASIO drivers create an extra buffer stage for the input and output, thus creating extra latency.

And if you can use a single instance of Pod Farm as a stand alone, you can do it in the DAW too... The method I describe in the video only has ONE(1) instance of Pod Farm running. Everything else is audio. And according to Cubase, I had like ~11ms of latency (input + output combined), and I had no problem at all to play. And if you can't record two audio tracks at the same time, maybe you should upgrade to at least a 486 computer.

ahjteam said:
Which part of the "USING POD FARM IS NOT DIRECT MONITORING" did you not get? If you use a physical POD, then you can use direct monitoring, but if you use the software, it's not direct monitoring. It's INPUT -> AD conversion, ASIO driver input, Pod Farm, ASIO driver output, DA conversion -> OUTPUT.

Direct monitoring is INPUT -> (AD/DA conversion and routing) -> OUTPUT. Nothing else. If you don't understand the difference: ASIO drivers create an extra buffer stage for the input and output, thus creating extra latency.

And if you can use a single instance of Pod Farm as a stand alone, you can do it in the DAW too... The method I describe in the video only has ONE(1) instance of Pod Farm running. Everything else is audio. And according to Cubase, I had like ~11ms of latency (input + output combined), and I had no problem at all to play. And if you can't record two audio tracks at the same time, maybe you should upgrade to at least a 486 computer.

I call it "Direct Monitoring" because that's the name line 6 gave it. Sooorrrryyy -.-
I use it because of some technical crap where it runs through the UX2 instead of my shitty processor. I have no problem having multiple instances in my DAW, I just get sometimes up to 200ms latency. Same with my vocals, which I also monitor directly with my interface. I understand that there is some latency with the software, but it's significantly lower through my UX2 than my computer.