Sub-low hits? 40hz-hits? (DAMN how do you call'em in english!) How to generate them??

HatewerK

1.21 Gigowatt Generator
May 13, 2008
spoleto, Italy
www.myspace.com
I need to put a couple of them hits (you know, the under-80 hz BOOOOOMMMMM sounds that everybody with a subwoofer in the car is so proud to let you hear) on my record, but instead of searching through WAV libraries, I'd like to generate my own samples - to control attack, decay, modulation, frequency and so on.

Is there any VSTi or similar that does that?

Thanks!

Idea to get you started: Use a kick sample, pitch shift it down or play as a synth at really low octave, lowpass at 200-1000hz depending which sounds the best

Thank you for the tips, but as I said I'm searching for something more versatile, that would let me control attack, decay, etc.

A signal generator + envelope + noise gate? Hmm, sounds like a typical VSTi to me... It's just that I've never used any, so I don't know them..!

right there!

http://www.hotlanta.com/sirreal/FightingSubDrop.htm

"Subdrop is a state of depression and moodiness that often occurs after a heavy scene or where the submissive is away from their dominant for an extended period of time. Subdrop can happen quickly or it may not manifest itself for several days after the scene. It may also appear as the result of being away from a relationship where feelings of love and submission are particularly strong.

Longing for a lover that you miss is familiar to everyone, even within the vanilla world, but in the world of BDSM, it can be much worse. This is because prolactin and cortisol levels may become quite elevated as a result of endorphin, oxytocin, and dopamine releases that often occur within the context of BDSM practices and relationships (see The Science Behind BDSM). For women, if subdrop occurs just prior to their menstrual cycle, PMS can turn subdrop into a double whammy. "

:lol::lol::lol:

Google "808 kick sample".

That's what you need. Then if you need that BOOOOM!!! Pitch the sample down.

Thanks, that's the first thing I got, cause it is the basics for this type of sounds. But aas I said, I need something more editabile, cause not all sub-drop (I learned :D ) hits are equal.

Listen for example to Fear Factory's hit on the start of "Shock", that's a loong 60hz hit (or so it seems from the analyser) - while Fear factory's hit on the first song from Archetype is very fast (big attack but very short tail) and maybe some 10s of hz less . See? I'd like to have this type of control (and I'm not so much into using pre-determined standard sounds :) )

Hey man I was reading the news on KVR and noticed this plug-in BazzISM.

It seems to me like it is a sub drop plug-in and it is really cheap.

Edit: I just tried the demo (it has a NASTY demo sound until you purchase it). It is GREAT!!

Sound forge has a signal generator and I've had decent results with a 40hz-ish wave that I just had to edit the lenght to taste with cubase. The bigger problem is trying to mix the damned thing - it's often either too weak or it's distorting.

I think you're referring to the "Almost Again" effect... It can be easily done using a loooong subdrop hit with Drumagog (triggered by a kick or something) and putting the ducking mode on SEND; then all you have to do is put another instance of Drumagog in the main out chan, turning the "receive" setting in ducking ON, and tweaking the dB reduction to taste.

Ugghh, is that what's happening in Almost Again? I can barely hear any sub-drop (I never guessed that's what it was in all the times I've listened to it until you mentioned it now), I just always heard miserable compressor pumping, and always thought it was just a HORRID mastering mistake. Not for me...

are you talking about sub bass??
i heard it isn't properly audible without a dedicated woofer

& as far as i know you can create it with anything, just grab an oscillator & mess around with the waves if you're looking for an electronic type sound

could blow your speakers though