Suddenly... djent (big and angry clip)

clems6belio

Yogurt as Lead3rs
Mar 2, 2012
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
Long time I didn't make something very metal.

Über non-original stuff, but stills very cool (kind of "RGA8 groove" remix from nolly actually).
Just tried to get a big and aggressive mix, make it sound angry.

Tell me wat u tink about dat mix :

Axe FX II for guitar and bass. (Meshuggah Obzen patch with my Agile 8 string), grind patch with the bass. Metal foundry and few others samples for drums. Some screams, and some meshuggah's style random solo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool sounds going on, but there´s some stuff you could improve. It´s a pretty guitar heavy mix, and that makes the drums sound tiny compared to the rest. Cymbals are alright, but the shells could come through way more. What exactly is your panning here for the guitars? L 100 - R 100 ? Or did you slightly go in on the panning? To me it sounds like the rhythm guitars aren´t wide enough. Otherwise, cool clip, and nice playing too!

heavy guitars, i think the bass has contribubtion to that damn nice sound.

As the other said, it's sounded too guitar oriented, may because you're also the guitar player :)

btw cool riff!!! Love that shit :p

Actually I'm firstly drummer, I played the drums parts with my e-kit, then recorded guitar and bass. On this one I was going for some "guitar oriented" tune, but it's not always the case on my others recordings.
Maybe this time the drums aren't as loud as it should be.
And yeah guitars are 100% L/R :)

Thanks for the feedback :D