Suggest some IEMs for casual listening

Sep 6, 2012
Chicago, IL
As the title states, I'm looking to purchase some IEMs (preferably around $100). I've been looking at the Shure SE215s, Hifiman Re400s, and Etymotic HF5s.

If anyone has any experience with any of these, or any other suggestions I'd love to know!

Also, I use my Beyerdynamic Dt770s constantly for referencing. If there are any IEMs with a similar frequency response I'd probably jump on those in a heartbeat.

This is one of the best places to research IEMs

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/

I own the HF5s. It's nice, kinda flat, but with aggressive mid-highs. I had the SE315, which were also good, but with a lot more bass and less detail/highs. The MEElectronics A161 was better, at a lower price.
I also have the SE535, which is not a huge improvement over 315, so I'm selling them.

In your shoes, I'd go for the RE-400, JVC HA-FXT90, Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3, MEElectronics A161, Rock-It Sounds R-50 (my choice, based on what I researched)

In the end, I comes to personal taste more than quality itself. I think the reviews on that site will help you decide your in-ears based on the sound signature and features you're looking for!