Summer festivals- Who's going where?

I'm going to the Gathering of the Vibes in Bridgeport CT, the most brutal place on earth to see Crosby Stills and Nash, Phil Lesh and Ratdog, Moe and George Clinton. Marvel at how metal I am! Also might go to the Newport Folk Festival to see Pete Seeger. There aren't many good metal festivals in the US, but I'll make do. It's Woodstock's 40th anniversery this summer and I'm a hippi so I'll find concerts to go to...

Well I thought I was only goin to Mayhem festivel...but it seems this is the year my pocketbook is really gettin a work out...July 25..I had to sell my soul and first born and whatever else I could think of..to get the day off since its annual inventory day at work...but My bro and I shall be going to see.....Tool!!!

None of you Americans going to Maryland Deathfest? Lineups unreal!

I wish I could cause I want to BAD but lack of monies won't allow the trip to happen.

But yeah I think MDF 09 is the first time we can ever say that an American fest kicks the crap out of the Euro fests this summer hah! :D:heh:

I wish I could cause I want to BAD but lack of monies won't allow the trip to happen.

But yeah I think MDF 09 is the first time we can ever say that an American fest kicks the crap out of the Euro fests this summer hah! :D:heh:

the line up looks really good compared to 2004 when I went there, but as far as overall package (not just bands) there is still no comparison to euro festivals, that festival at the end of the day will probably draw barely 1500 people or so, will be indoors and no camping, even Milwaukee Metal Fest at its prime in the late 90s did not compare to summer european festivals

also going to mayhemfest! SLAYER FUCKING SLAYER!
god-listens-to-slayer.jpg

also going to mayhemfest! SLAYER FUCKING SLAYER!
god-listens-to-slayer.jpg

DUDE the last Mayhem date is in Dallas and I am sooooo there..already got the tickets and pre-weekend warm-up party planned . Takin one of my friends along with us...just turned 18 and never been to any sort of concert in his life,least he's gunna get broke in right :D

It wouldnt be better than Graspop, Wacken or Hellfest..

But if the lineups even better next year, i say it will ;)

the line up looks really good compared to 2004 when I went there, but as far as overall package (not just bands) there is still no comparison to euro festivals, that festival at the end of the day will probably draw barely 1500 people or so, will be indoors and no camping, even Milwaukee Metal Fest at its prime in the late 90s did not compare to summer european festivals

Actually there is an open air stage this year in addition to an indoor stage. It's already sold over 2000+ tickets as far as I recall. Secondly, what does draw have to do with anything? The package as a whole (in my opinion) is superior to any Euro fests THIS Summer (don't understand why you are talking about past years).

It wouldnt be better than Graspop, Wacken or Hellfest..

But if the lineups even better next year, i say it will ;)

Hellfest is pretty legit every year, Wacken and Graspop are def way worse this year imo. Wacken's lineup last year is pretty much the pinnacle of any festival lineup ever haha. God damn! This year though, I'd say MDF wins. :p

Hellfest is pretty legit every year, Wacken and Graspop are def way worse this year imo. Wacken's lineup last year is pretty much the pinnacle of any festival lineup ever haha. God damn! This year though, I'd say MDF wins. :p

Graspop and Wacken suck bigtime indeed.
That's why I'm doing Hellfest! (and Graspop for the few bands that I wanna see)

I would like to see quite a few bands in Tuska festival, but then they are also all playing at Wacken.

So I am kicking myself for not having got tickets - bad case of Wacken envy. :cry::cry: