Summerbreeze 2004

Hypnos

steck ihn nei!
Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
As I am really looking forward to see Katatonia on the Summerbreeze this year, I'd like to know if any of the other forum-users is also going to this festival.

yeah I'll be there, I have already booked my flight :)

It would be nice to make a Katatonia fans reunion, moreover that it is a three days festival!

Of course I'm gonna see Katatonia in Norway as well, so, since we are speaking about meeting fans and so on, it would be great to meet other fans at or before the gigs.
In case someone is interested in following the Norwegian tour, we have still place in our car for 1/2 persons :)
Last time in Stockholm it has been really nice! (btw thank you Hobo for being our city/music stores guide!)
Hope to meet other fans as well, usually Katatonia fans are cool people, he he...

I'm looking forward to it, too... though I'm going there as a crewmember of a german band... would be cool if I meet the katatonia guyz accidental... who knows?!

@ether: Oh great, you come from italy to germany for that festival? Whow!

BloodySwan said:
I'm looking forward to it, too... though I'm going there as a crewmember of a german band... would be cool if I meet the katatonia guyz accidental... who knows?!

@ether: Oh great, you come from italy to germany for that festival? Whow!
Yeah, I've heard it's a good festival and then it's a good chance to meet my German friends and have fun enjoying good music :)
I think this place is nearer to my town in Italy as to Berlin, bu it was cheaper for me to fly to Berlin and the coming back by car with my friends...Incredible!

Of which band are you a crewmember?

Yes, I've also heard that it's a very good festival, very relaxed, in a beautiful surrounding and the organization seems to be one of the best here in Germany [that's what I've heard I'm going there the first time this year ... 'because I don't have to travel so far on my own]. I live in northwest Germany and when I think of the traffic here ... maybe it will take us 7 to 10 hours to get there.

But from Italy to Berlin and then all the way down back again? ... Strange.

the bands are shit this year.........but i want to get a ticket for the 20.08 to see katatonia. The Problem is........they dont sell tickets for only one day now......they sell the ticket i want only on the 20.08 at the festival.......and only 300 pieces......man i have to get up at 4 o´clock in the night to be there in time :(

hehe ... and I was really surprised how many great bands are going to be there this year ;)
In fact ... all my favourites [Katatonia, Finntroll, Sirenia, Sentenced, Lake of Tears, Sodom, Xandria and so on...]

...but in fact 39€ are really cheap ... at a lot of other festivals you have to pay almost 30€ for a One-Day-Ticket ... so if you can't get a ticket for that day ... hum... okay, it's not my money.

I want to go! :cry: I went last year (originally hoping to see Katatonia, of course) and we ended up having a blast at the festival. We were hoping to go back this year to but couldn't scrape up enough for the plane tickets.

Those of you going take lots of pictures so I can look at them after and be jealous! ;)

as it seems my plans for this year's summer breeze have failed (once again), i'm kinda used to be the butt of lady fortune. fukk it anyway.
i'm drawing southward during august instead, end station - the black sea.

have a great time, ether!
same goes to everyone else here on the board, being lucky for sure.

Drynwhyl said:
as it seems my plans for this year's summer breeze have failed (once again), i'm kinda used to be the butt of lady fortune. fukk it anyway.
i'm drawing southward during august instead, end station - the black sea.

have a great time, ether!
same goes to everyone else here on the board, being lucky for sure.
I'm sorry to hear you won't be coming anymore! But I'm sure there will be soon another chance to see Katatonia! They just have to play more often, and possibly short tours on week-ends...

as for the others who are coming, in case you are interested to make a little "Katatonia fans meeting" send me a Private message and we can exchange our mobile phone numbers( I still have my German number, so it won't be so expensive to call each other)

It was a fuckin killer hrhrhr
I bought a ticket just for yesterday not for the 3 days, cause no other band was really interesting me. Its only possible to buy these day tickets at the festival to i went up at 7 o´clock in the morning and drove over there to be sure to get one. We were just killing time the whole day (with Sodom etc hehe). At around 19:00 they announced Katatonia would sign autographs for an hour, so i bought one of the 2 cds i do not own (Brave Murder Day) and got it signed :Spin:
At midnight Six Feed Under finished with TNT (hrhrhr) and Katatonia started....i cant remember all the songs but they played City of Glass as the opener and then really good mix of the past (Evidence, Future of Speech, Cold Ways, Teargas, Tonight´s Music, For my Demons, Wealth and some more) and an awesome addition. Some drunken guys were chanting Murder the whole fuckin time and they played it ;P
It was my first time Katatonia live and it was really really awesome....... Jonas seemed to be a bit tired and some mistakes were in it but who cares :headbang:

They were amazing. I almost lost my voice, because of screaming all their songs. While Six Feet Under I fought my way to the first row and as Katatonia was about to start I had to piss, because of the mass-consumption of beer. So, what should I do?. I asked one of the security-guys to give me an empty water-bottle. He asked what for. I answered I had to piss. He laughed, gave me the bottle, and my problem was solved...I will never forget that gig!

Hypnos said:
They were amazing. I almost lost my voice, because of screaming all their songs. While Six Feet Under I fought my way to the first row and as Katatonia was about to start I had to piss, because of the mass-consumption of beer. So, what should I do?. I asked one of the security-guys to give me an empty water-bottle. He asked what for. I answered I had to piss. He laughed, gave me the bottle, and my problem was solved...I will never forget that gig!

:tickled: very funny indeed!

well it was the first time for me, and it was HUGE!
i was almost shitting in my pants during the day, i was afraid that the rain will fall during the gig...
the gig was really perfect, the audience fantastic :wave: :headbang:
i wish i came on the board before the festival so we could meet but i had no time.
but for sure i will attend all the gigs in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and all the countries around :D , so hope to meet some of you there ;)

What about the other forum users, have you been there too? Could anyone remember the setlist? What a great time i had there. My voice is still damaged. The only band which topped Katatonia was Primordial on Saturday imho. Just perfect!

I was there, too. It was great to see them. First time I saw Katatonia, after they cancelled their tour in germany.

The setlist as I can remember:

Ghost of the Sun
Sleeper
Teargas
Wealth
For my Deamons
Criminals
Cold Ways
Tonight’s music
Evidence
Future of Speech
Murder

what an amazing gig!!!!
check out the pics at www.photopit.com :)
katatonia09.jpg

Soulburn24 said:
I was there, too. It was great to see them. First time I saw Katatonia, after they cancelled their tour in germany.

The setlist as I can remember:

Ghost of the Sun
Sleeper
Teargas
Wealth
For my Deamons
Criminals
Cold Ways
Tonight’s music
Evidence
Future of Speech
Murder

After 'Ghost Of The Sun' came 'Criminals'. 'Sleeper' came a bit later in the setlist.