SUMMERBREEZE!!!

Hypnos

steck ihn nei!
Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
it was inevitable. Katatonia kicked so much ass at Summerbreeze! the sound was not that good, but anyway, that didn't matter at all. they played some unusual songs and i was happy to hear gems lie Had To Leave, Right Into The Bliss or Cold Ways. but the highlight was for me the brilliant performance of July. i thought i would die of headbanging :lol:

thank you guys for some wonderful moments!!!

it was also nice to meet a lot of wonderful people there especially our forum-beauties Cis, Ether end Bloody Swan. greetings girls, i hope to see you somewhere soon!

Reactions: Cis
HYPNOS!!!!!!!!! I hate you!!!! I wanted to be the first one to post this (; it's all the fault of this aweful traffic jam stuff ... bla! more than 5 hours driving instead of 4 ... :Smug: :D

Yepp, they played Right Into The Bliss, Had To Leave and Cold Ways <3 ... maybe I'm gonna post a photo of the setlist to make you believe us *lol* ... awww yes it was so great *g*
Well, more to come... funny stories, funny pics, funny videos [!] and whatever... =)

And also all my respect and thanx and so on to all lovely fans who've been there... 'specially Cis, ether, Hypnos and you irish guy whos nick I forgot :cry: ... ... and of course to Katatonia (;

...and to all the rest: you missed something *haha*

BloodySwan said:
HYPNOS!!!!!!!!! I hate you!!!! I wanted to be the first one to post this (; it's all the fault of this aweful traffic jam stuff ... bla! more than 5 hours driving instead of 4 ... :Smug: :D

Yepp, they played Right Into The Bliss, Had To Leave and Cold Ways <3 ... maybe I'm gonna post a photo of the setlist to make you believe us *lol* ... awww yes it was so great *g*
Well, more to come... funny stories, funny pics, funny videos [!] and whatever... =)

And also all my respect and thanx and so on to all lovely fans who've been there... 'specially Cis, ether, Hypnos and you irish guy whos nick I forgot :cry: ... ... and of course to Katatonia (;

...and to all the rest: you missed something *haha*
ah I like video's!:oops:

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

BloodySwan this is the Irish guy here. During the 18 hours of travelling all i could think of was Had To Leave. One of the best performances i have ever seen and definately the best Katatonia show.

Great to meet a few people from here and i belive BloodySwan has some class photos.

IMO Katatonia was the ONLY band to shine over all the rest. Their show was great but the festival itself had the weakest line up ever... IMO as well.
@Ether: Where have you been? I was looking for you!

I was looking for you too ..but it was difficult to find a Swedish blondine among all those people....the problem was that we didn't manage to exchange telephone number and we couldn't fix a meeting place!It was a pity because it was really nice to get to know Bloody Swan and it is always a lot of fun among kata female fans:)You could have joined us in our poser-photo-session!
Hope we can meet another time!

As for the festival I agree with you, Katatonia was the best band and the other performances haven't impressed me so much, just a couple of bands I wanted to see..but the rest was nothing special...
It was nice anyways to meet the other Kata-fans and some friends and just breathe the festival atmosphere!

As for the Kata gig a big thank you to the band for finally keeping their promise about playing songs they have never performed live!

It was a pleasurable surprise! The show had some problems with the sound during the first two songs which was a problem common to all the other bands...but we know that sound check at festivals is always bad...Otherwise great as usual!

Some pics of the band and maybe of me, Cis and Bloody Swan will follow soon!

@Angelina & Vincent: Be patient please *lolz* ... but I thought of you... ...what a pity, everyone should have been there :/

cliffburton615 said:
BloodySwan this is the Irish guy here. During the 18 hours of travelling all i could think of was Had To Leave.

Great to meet a few people from here and i belive BloodySwan has some class photos.
Heyho! =) ... check your private messages... maybe I've got something for yer pleasure (; ... and yeah... that was just like ... whow... and I found it so impressing how the crowd was singing along in the refrain (?)!
Euh... I think I'm not the girl with those cool aftershow-pics (; I think that was Cis... and I'm quite excited to see them again [though we all look a bit like on ... whatever *LOL*] ... ...eh yeah, but I think I got other funny pics *haha*

@ether: Great to see you again ... though only online o_O *hrhr* ... yeah, female kata fans are... *haha* ... *lol* ... *rofl* ... :loco: it would have been even more hilarous with a few more of our species (; ESPECIALLY a blonde one was hardly missing ... ... ...and you don't know how great it was to get to know you! I'm looking forward to a sequel! ;D

Well, for me there were also some other cool shows... [Katatonia's out of the competition of course] ... like Finntroll & Morbid Angel again :oops: [like at Wacken] and Amorphis and Thyrfing and Unleashed of course and so on... I liked the line-up [yeah I know, some were totally displaced...] and the atmosphere... that was my very best festival so far ö.ö

Summer Breeze rules!!
As expected, my faves were Kata and MDB, would have enjoyed Amorphis if there weren't so many crowd surfers kicking my head, best new discovery- One Man Army, sucked: most bands with bagpipes and female singers
And best fun: KREATONIA :D
Thanks to all the forum people for being so great, this festival would have been less fun without you!
To quote Swany: Katatonia unites!
Hope to meet you all again- this was not our last goodbye...

@Vincent: yeah chorus, thank you (;

...concerning "Katatonia unites" ... always wanted to see a bunch of badly drunk and crazy fans singing along while waiting for Katatonia and annoying the hell out of the others? :loco:
If you answer with "yes", then check the following out ... 'tiz da shit!!! ... ...
...and probably the worst you've ever seen :lol: ...
featuring: Cis, cliffburton615 [somewhere in the back], ether, Hypnos & Swany: Here we go!

unfortunately this vid does not really point out how unbelievable loud we were *g*

check out some pics from summerbreeze at www.photopit.com :)

katatonia01.jpg

even a drummer pic ;)
katatonia09.jpg