Sun Caged - The Lotus Effect (2010)

Just heard Seam Ripper and the Blanket Statement on the Myspacesite for the first time. Great song!!

Myspace speaks of a Spring 2011 release for The Lotus Effect. Is this true? Do we really still have to wait that long. In May was mentioned that the album should be finished within a month and the BITE festival gig was mentioned as a try-out!?!?

on their myspace 1/16/10:

"Working our asses off at Almelo Rockcity, The Lotus Effect is FINISHED !!! We will finish the artwork this week and then send the mastered CD and artwork to the label. When we have a release date we will let you know!"

Hello all :)

YES IT IS TRUE !!!

After working as hard as we could we finally finished the mixing and mastering of The Lotus Effect.

I can all assure you: It will be worth the wait !

We are now finishing the artwork (Credits, thankslist and all that) and then we will send the master and artwork to Lion Music.

As soon as I have back from them a release date I will let you know !

In other news: We are going to perform on a mini tour with FATES WARNING ! Three dates in The Netherlands and one in Germany, look at http://www.suncaged.com for the dates and links to the venues.

Also we are going to perform a gig with German progmetal band VANDENPLAS in May

So things are on the roll again !

\m/

So i've been living in Paraguay for about two years. I got back a year months ago and have been struggling to remember the names of all the bands I used to listen to. I had all the demo CD's from Sun Caged on a CD and I use to listen to it almost every day in Highschool. "Sides" from Dominion was one of my favorites. So I just rememberd and bought the Sun Caged CD from amazon and am now very pleased to hear theres a new album coming!
I'm going to check out the new songs right now, i hope its as good as + better than Artimisia, I thoroughly enjoyed that release.
*on wait*

Update: I just pooped myself.
Pareidolized (The Ocean in the Shell), is one of the best songs i've ever heard. O.O.. I don't joke about this stuff either...
You ought to update the website with a new theme for the new album. Really... this album is going to be a contender in many genres... my goodness.... Listen to those keys.. its, so perfect in its sphere.... AGH.. it hurts to wait. *ulcer*

Hello friends!

Sorry for the lack of input here from me lately. It's been a busy time of....well, a busy time of LIFE! & I admit, with all the "revolutionary" new technologies in the field of internet communications (like facebook etc, lol), I sometimes forget to check in here.

I know it has been a REALLY long time making this album, but I assure you, of all the multitudes of reasons for delays, most of them were all having to do with "life" outside the band. Even though the recording may have been made little by little, & mixing and mastering took a long time as well, The SONGS were all composed and arranged in the band room in a cohesive & organic way, and I think that will come through. This album is much more of a band collaboration as opposed to full songs contributed by individual members :)

I'm psyched to see the enthusiasm still here on the forum, thanks for the patience guys! And we're all really psyched for you guys to finally HEAR the album :)

As for a date, Lion Music is currently trying to arrange a japanese release as in the past, he said this can be complicated, but worth all our while if we can manage it. I expect we'll hear a date very soon.

And to answer the question above--Tracklist is as follows:

1. Seamripper (& the Blanket Statement)
2. Tip-Toe the Fault-Line
3. Ashes to Earn
4. Shades of Hades
5. Reductio ad Absurdum
6. On Again / Off Again
7. Lotus

Ashtamangala (The 8 Auspicious Symbols) *

8. Pareidolized (The Ocean in the Shell)
9. Parasol
10. Wave the Banner
11. Fish Afraid of Drowning
12. Moebius Knot (instrumental)
13. Full Circle
14. Let it Wash Away (The Lotus Effect)

* tracks 8 - 14 comprise a sort of epic suite :) & yes I realize it's about 8 symbols but it's written in only 7 parts. That's because track 11 covers 2 of the symbols--se la vie ;-)

No. Not two cds. Sorry if that was confusing :)

The second half of the album is a sort of epic suite of thematically connected songs. The first part: Pareidolized is 10 minutes long, then the rest of the suite is a series of shorter pieces, for a total of about 24 minutes! :) Make sure you by the album on CD!!! Otherwise you'll have annoying gaps/track changes in the middle of the epic ;)