Super 8

I didnt have any issues with them, and I was canceling reservations and extending them all over the place. They only gave me guff the first time when I didnt have my confirmation number.

The only issue I had with the Super 8 was when I changed my reservation (cancelling Wednesday but keeping Thursday through Sunday) and a change of my credit card number (old one was stolen - thank you identity theft). They raised the prices of the rooms from the original rate to the current rate ($69/night to $89 or $99/night).

Other than that, they've been OK. I just hope that the reservation still stands AND we get a room!!

How did you make your reservation? By the website, by phone to the central Super 8 number, or by phone to the hotel directly?

We did it by phone, and we had our confirmation number and everything. When Al called to make sure we still had our reservation, they couldn't find us, even with confo #! And unfortunately, even though we were still able to get a room, I think we're paying more now because of their negligence.

We are gonna stay there!! past year we were at residence inn , currently is so expensive! tomorrow we'll gonna try SUPER 8.

We didn't notice any bugs, thankfully, but we were pretty upset with the breakfast. Stale coffee, the only cereal was one so sweet it made my mouth hurt, and an overflowing trash can that no-one seemed to care about.

I had 3 nights at Super 8 and I guess I was one of the lucky ones -- no real complaints. My room was better than I expected and the only real issue with it was it took forever for the water to get hot for the sink but no no big deal. The breakfast was lackluster but I had only one breakfast the whole time in Atlanta due to my need to sleep in a little extra so the yogurt and apple I had that day were sufficient. I guess the stars were properly aligned in my favor for this visit!

A friend and I stayed at the Super 8 but one that was downtown on Cone street. Rooms were Ok. Breakfast was nice too. 4 options for cereal, toast bread, bagels.. all the basic stuff. They even let us have breakfast even after the breakfast period was over.
It a 2 mile distance from the venue, but it was totally worth it, and we booked it in mid september.

Worst motel ever. I won't ever stay there again....i'd rather stay under the bridge next to the Super 8. We encountered the worst customer service in U.S. history. The room was terrible. That's that.

SkiBumMSP and I had the problem with two groups of people assigned to the SAME room!

We knew something was up when we checked in and went to our room, we found a folder on the table. We looked inside and found ProgPower tickets that weren't ours!

It took forever, but we finally got things straightened out. So if you're the group from LA who was originally in room 302, I hope things worked out after you got a new room down the hall.

I camped out in the Super 8 for a few hours and didn't have any complaints. Then again, it was in See You In Hell's room who apparently is the only one who had a good stay there. :lol: The elevator was pretty scary though. Sounds like it's worth the extra $$ to stick to the Residence Inn with the over-the-top breakfast, perfect elevators, over-the-top service, proximity to the venue, and gigantic bug-free rooms. :headbang:

SkiBumMSP and I had the problem with two groups of people assigned to the SAME room!

We knew something was up when we checked in and went to our room, we found a folder on the table. We looked inside and found ProgPower tickets that weren't ours!

It took forever, but we finally got things straightened out. So if you're the group from LA who was originally in room 302, I hope things worked out after you got a new room down the hall.

:loco: hey, your talking about me..lol..yeah everything worked out fine until the last night. I dropped my friend off because she was tired and I went to get gas for the car, well guess what happend... After I pulled off the manager thought we checked out so he decided to enter our room. My friend was still in there, changing clothes when he WALKED RIGHT IN with the pass key!!! Needless to say she was highly pissed off when I got back, so I think Super 8 may be out next year.

Oh, again thank you guys for being really cool about the mix up and turning in the folder for us. It was great meeting you.