super quantize??

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm just as guilty as anyone else. I love the "fake" sounding stuff. Actually, when it comes to metal, when drums sound too natural it sounds kind of weird because I've become so aclimated to the trends of modern productions. I was just trying to point out the humor of it all.

for the record, i sat down with the moog and my steven slate samples (i bought the 2.0 package), and couldnt match them up

i could have swore that kick was 10, but its not

i found a few snares that were close in character, but none of steven's snares packed even close the amount of punch in that snare.

whats up with that steven? :(

I was wondering the same thing so I posed that question on the Slate Forum a few days ago ..still waiting on an answer from Slate...will post the answer, when I hear

i already "quantize" all the tracks in phase

nuendo has all the editing features that protools has except for having an external time stretch plugin

eh hem.....
LE has beat detective with the music production toolkit. essential buy really.
cubendo has hit point editing, but i've heard it can be a little hit or miss, if you really wanna tighten drums, you want beat detective.

eh hem.....
cubendo has hit point editing, but i've heard it can be a little hit or miss, if you really wanna tighten drums, you want beat detective.

yeah... and have a computer do it for me automatically, only to fuck up most of it and have to go back and fix it? i've been to seminars about it, pros that do this for major labels, they will all tell you its better to do it manually.

then again, its just someone's opinion right?

i like doing it by hand, when i hit play its gonna be the way i made it, no suprises.

eh hem.....

does the MP toolkit allow you to BD multiple tracks together? to me, that feature is next to useless when only one track at a time can be sliced up.

and joey...have you tried spot mic'ing all the cymbals from below, with the mics placed so that the snare is in their rejection region?

yeah... and have a computer do it for me automatically, only to fuck up most of it and have to go back and fix it? i've been to seminars about it, pros that do this for major labels, they will all tell you its better to do it manually.

then again, its just someone's opinion right?

i like doing it by hand, when i hit play its gonna be the way i made it, no suprises.

you sound like you have no idea how beat detective works.

if you want to do it manually, tab to transient, then push B to make a cut. select the region and ctrl 0 to snap it to the nearest grid line.

Multitrack beat detective is less important now that you can use Elastic Audio for the same job, use less of it and have it sound more natural.

Yes the MP toolkit gives you multitrack BD w/ collection mode.
you can use BD without it, if you're smart enough to figure out the workaround.

Multitrack beat detective is less important now that you can use Elastic Audio for the same job, use less of it and have it sound more natural.

i'd imagine so, but i haven't used 7.4, so i'm not at all familiar with using the elastic audio function

and i do remember hearing something about a work-around for BD on LE, but i learned PT on an HD system and don't use/own it myself, so all in all it doesn't much matter to me