SuperGroup Finale

pffff.... you want a guitar supergroup for guitars you get..

steve vai, paul gilbert, mjr, and yngwie...

damn right 4 motherfucking guitars!!

Damnit, I don't want this series to end! :mad: My only gripe about the last episode was the fact that we didn't really get to hear much of any of the songs. Would be nice if we could be a CD or VH1 would air the entire show.

War_Blade said:
pffff.... you want a guitar supergroup for guitars you get..

steve vai, paul gilbert, mjr, and yngwie...

damn right 4 motherfucking guitars!!
Yeah but they were looking for personalities as much as musical talent, I think the lineup is great. I enjoyed the series, hope Damnocracy continues!

My point exactly. Could you imagine if they would have put Rob Caggiano, I think the original material Damnocracy did would be much better. I think it's ineteresting that of all of Anthrax material to cover, they chose ONLY. A John Bush song.

I was surprised by the song choice. With Bach's vocal sound, I definitely expected a Belladonna song.

3Storms said:
I was surprised by the song choice. With Bach's vocal sound, I definitely expected a Belladonna song.

Well, i guess it was a preview of what to expect to hear if Joey did do John's songs.

I would like to add that Pearl was so cute cheering on Scott. I think she is my new girl crush.

I think "only" was chosen because it's the most "commercial" sounding Anthrax song and it kinda fit everyones style. I don't think Uncle Ted is comfortable doing the real metal stuff. That's why he didn't want to do the Biohazard song (face it, Biohazard don't really have catchy tunes), but in the end he was man enough to say that he was wrong and he enjoyed it.

Black Thirteen said:
Evan and Sebastian already knew Only. Made my life easy.
Plus it's a great song comercial or not. What are the odds that we'll ever hear the entire show?

whitey131 said:
Plus it's a great song comercial or not. What are the odds that we'll ever hear the entire show?

Just to add that this song is sorely missed from your life set....at least by me.

They showed the first six episodes plus their post shows on Sat. and also on Sun. on VH1 Classic, so I can't imagine them not doing the same again on VH1 regular. On the last two post shows Scott keeps saying he hopes they show some crane smash into the chandilier, but they never do. Bummer. Still, it was a pretty cool show.

absolutely loved the show especially concert finale,never knew much about ted but i def dig the dude now,new found respect for seb as well,wouldve prefereed a diff song from only,its never really been a fave of mine...

Thought the finale was pretty cool. Couldn't beat going to that show in Vegas, especially with it being free!!! Got to meet Scott Monday night in Corpus Christi and I asked him why ONLY? He said it just sort of worked out that way. But I think you guys are right about it being more of a commercial song. Scott did say that there may possibly be a season 2, so guess we will just sit tight.

Hopefully they will show the whole concert on Classic. I don't know if thye actually edited the whole thing. I think I nailed the solo on Only (with help from Paul Crook!).

Out of all the lead guitarists Anthrax has played with, Paul Crook was one of the most fan friendly. It was cool seeing him here and there throughout the series. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the sixth member of Damnocracy.

BIGPHAT442 said:
I think "only" was chosen because it's the most "commercial" sounding Anthrax song and it kinda fit everyones style. I don't think Uncle Ted is comfortable doing the real metal stuff. That's why he didn't want to do the Biohazard song (face it, Biohazard don't really have catchy tunes), but in the end he was man enough to say that he was wrong and he enjoyed it.

Good point. It would be kinda hard to imagine Nugent down-picking his way through "caught in a mosh."