Superior Drummer 2 and room mics

You can always layer more samples etc. layer & mix in a dry snare sample that adds a darker character

EDIT: You probably need to go into the OH or Room bleed mixer & turn down the snare if you don't want too much snare room sound

Oh yea never thought about just turning down the room bleed!

Can you add samples in with SD2 or do you need another plugin, ive used drumagog a while ago but just wondering if there is anything else?

Try Waves API 2500. Use the OH setting and use about 4-8db's of GR, that would do the trick :)

Will try tonight for sure, you know and it'll be like a big thing... i NEVER comp oh's i swear, maybe just a tiny unnoticeable bit on the master main comp, but nothing else.

NSGAYNESS: kid, take it easy, you don't need the rude talking, don't cry on every thread and drop all your "fuck you's" and all your "dick's" on them. Doesn't make you look rude, i'll take the pic down just to not bullshit this thread before you start crying. You can PM me for that. /edit/ i can't edit the quotes ^__^.

Will try tonight for sure, you know and it'll be like a big thing... i NEVER comp oh's i swear, maybe just a tiny unnoticeable bit on the master main comp, but nothing else.

NSGAYNESS: kid, take it easy, you don't need the rude talking, don't cry on every thread and drop all your "fuck you's" and all your "dick's" on them. Doesn't make you look rude, i'll take the pic down just to not bullshit this thread before you start crying. You can PM me for that. /edit/ i can't edit the quotes ^__^.

Dude, I was halfway joking. lol I probably should have put a smiley or something. I thought the pic was sort of funny, but didn't want it up at the same time.

But if you erase it from the source, it will go away.

Oh yea never thought about just turning down the room bleed!

Can you add samples in with SD2 or do you need another plugin, ive used drumagog a while ago but just wondering if there is anything else?

No, I don't think you can load your own samples within SD2
I use drumagog, it works great if you tweak it right. I believe there might be some free or cheap plugins on the market that do the same trick.
Send the snare top mic to a different output buss, then route that buss into an audio channel. This is going to need the drum sample replacer ie. drumagog

so when it comes to parallel compression do you not tend to compress overheads/room and allow the parallel bus to do that?