Superior Upgrade Issue / Vista?

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
So bought and downloaded Andy's presets last night, did the install - absolutely no problems - and saw nothing under presets. Read a few FAQ on Toontrack's site and noticed you need Superior 2.2.2 or higher to run presets (I have 2.2.1). So went to 'my products' under my account on Toontrack, downloaded the 2.3 update, installed (again, absolutely no problem, got an 'all OK' at the end) and version still says 2.2.1 and no Andy presets.

I'm running Vista - and suspect it has something to do with this. DAW is Reaper.

I did successfully load up MetalMachine two nights ago, so strange this update wouldn't go in.

Saw one note on Google about Norton Security screwing with install, so disabled mine and tried - but no luck. I have opened ticket with Superior, but have no idea when they'll get back. very frustrating.... any help would be appreciated.

try removing duperior drummer.dll from your vst folder (to any other place... like desktop). the run the update... if ask you the way of updating select repair.

should work

thanks. that was it. Toontrack got back to me with something similar last night.

The Toontrack installer places the new DLL in C:\Program Files\REAPER\Plugins and the stock install of Reaper is looking in C:\Program Files\REAPER\Plugins\FX. i just had to delete the old one out of FX and move down the new one. i guess should have been obvious to me .. but i don't upgrade Superior too often...

i must say - been impressed with Toontrack's online services this week. Bought and downloaded both MetalMachine and Andy's presets. Other than this issue - everything's been a real pleasure and fast. i was impressed with the quality and timing of their support response too. i've seen a few people on here who have mentioned they weren't too happy with online stuff - so just wanted to mention.