Support the Underground - EXIT TO ETERNITY

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I want to dedicate a thread to my favorite unsigned band EXIT TO ETERNITY (http://www.exittoeternity.com/). I saw them play at the Arch Enemy/Hate Eternal show last weekend, I interviewed them on Wednesday night (watch this space), and they're headling a HUGE show this Friday night in Staten Island, NY. His note will explain why we think it's 'huge'.

I asked Carmine (vocals/guitar) to put a note together to fill us in on this upcoming event. It's his attitude that makes me go the extra mile in supporting them in this business. You have to read this - what a testament to the scene, I'm sure you'll agree:

Hey everyone! This is Carmine from Exit to Eternity. This Friday, September 5th, we put together a show of mass proportions. I'm not talking about having a stage the size of a football field or flashy fancy expensive bullshit. I'm talking about pure, balls out HEAVY METAL. The bill is made up of some of the best metal bands in NYC, and each band brings their own unique style to the stage.

It's all going down at Dock Street Bar & Grill which is located on 691 Bay Street (on the corner of Bay St. and Dock St.), Staten Island, NY. MUST have ID, 16 to enter. For directions, go to www.dockstreet.com.

$8 at the door. Show starts at 8:00. Be there for the biginning of the show and stay till the end! You don't want to miss a second of this show!

There's a lot more behind this show than just putting together a concert.
We really want to give the scene a big fucking kick in the ass to get up and get going strong. We also want to try to bring a real sense of unity in the metal scene as well. That's why this bill has black metal, death metal, thrash, and other styles. Having everyone come together as one mass, as one family even, all for the same reason - to get this music to the place where it blongs - is what we have in mind all of the time.

The show itself is actually tiny in one respect, but to me it's something huge. Dock Street is a small bar that hosts local Staten Island bands. But this place is a perfect start for this show. It's goal as a club is to never turn down a band that needs a stage to play on, which is the exact environment we're going for. It's very raw and very intimate, there's always a constant connection between the crowd and the band, and it's INTENSE. They gave us our start, so now we're gonna have Dock Street give this show it's start. So yeah, this show is tiny to people who don't know any better, but in fact, there's something really big brewing.

I know it because there are so many people that I meet every time we play that all want the same thing. The new scene has gone to shit, and there are a lot of old school fans out there wondering, "What the fuck happened!?"
Well, fuck wondering, let's do something about it. For us right now we're starting a local fire, but we want it to spread. If we all do our parts, we'll show how strong we are and how far this could go. Keep this music alive and a force to be reckoned with forever.

By the way, none of these guys are even old enough to buy a beer, and they play like they've been together for 15 years. Before my time with Royal Carnage is over, I want to see this band get signed.

In the meantime, check our review: http://www.royalcarnage.com/Reviews/jaykeeley/exit%20to%20eternity/demo_rev.htm

I wrote it a while back, and I've seen them live again since, but the rest of the review still stands.

Thanks for your time. Support the Underground!

Did you read the interview yet? It would be so cool for them if they got Jack Frost in to record their full length. It's so difficult to get studio time with an engineer who 'understands' metal, and so to get someone with a bit of history behind him is an added bonus.

I got about 3 hours sleep last night working on the interview, and I'm exhausted, but I really want to see this show in Staten Island tonight.

Short attention span theatre for me today apparently, I didn't even remember to read the review. :p

Those dudes have a very good understanding of real metal. No surprise given their highly accomplished demo. Now why did I think they were from Texas...?

I think the best comparison of these guys would be to VADER, for anyone curious. They don't rip them off or anything, just have a somewhat similar style.

NAD said:
Exit to Eternity fucking owns, incredibly tight speed metal / thrash / whatever. They'll probably send you a CD-R of their demo if you ask real nice and respectable like...

http://www.exittoeternity.com

Too right. I read the review and then asked for a copy...dude, they sent me two copies :cool: so I gave the spare one to a friend of mine who's a bit of a Thrash fan, and he loved it, as did I. JK's right, these guys deserve to get somewhere. I'm reading that interview right now :)

Demonspell said:
I ran into one of the Exit To Eternity guys at the Opeth/PT show...good to know that there is some developing talent in my local surroundings...

NYC is becoming quite incredible - Brooklyn alone is spawning all sorts of cool shit. Everyone check out a band called DAMON MORDER at www.damonmorder.cjb.net. They're friends of EXIT TO ETERNITY and supported them at the AE show.

Again, this is a bunch of guys (average age is 18) playing progressive death - delivered with two vocalists trading off each other. Very cool to see them live - the bass player is pretty hectic, bringing in all the prog elements.

I think they have sample MP3s on their site, but I won't give away too much - watch out for an upcoming review from Papa Josh. I'm sending him their self-produced full length.

Whats Up guys? This is John (Bass) from Damon Morder, the hectic one : P . I encourage you all to check out our website at www.damonmorder.cjb.net there you can find mp3s, pictures, updates, lyrics, contact info and more. I wanna thank Jay for allowing us the opportunity to have our new cd (Another Chapter in the Book of Empty Pages...) reviewed at royalcarnage.com, I hope all of you who like Exit get a chance to check us out.

@lurch70 - did you see Exit to Eternity play the other week?

Also, check out the other band mentioned in this thread, Damon Morder. We have a review for them too - they're essentially progressive death: double death vox mixed with clean vox, and some "jazzcore" thrown into the mix. Fucking slay live.

@lurch70 - did you see Exit to Eternity play the other week?
completely missed them.
according to their site they played at about 10pm ... was sipping coffee with some friends at that time and completely forgot about the show. next time ...

<-- Drinks coffee no earlier than 11pm at night. o_O
JayKeeley said:
You knob! And who the hell drinks coffee at 10pm at night?? Don't you sleep? What are you, a vampire bat? :loco:

What are you, a vampire bat? :loco:
yes :hotjump:

there is nothing like a coffee and a cigar after a good meal ... and then going out for a round of drinking :headbang:

lurch70 said:
there is nothing like a coffee and a cigar after a good meal ... and then going out for a round of drinking :headbang:
True that. Reminds me of city life. I need to get back to a city at some point. Sick of this suburb shit surrounded by beardy jews and soccer moms.

Reminds me of city life. I need to get back to a city at some point. Sick of this suburb shit surrounded by beardy jews and soccer moms.
you're so close ... yet so far away :)