Surtur Rising

Mongoose2557

Master of War
Sep 1, 2008
Apparently the name of the new album is called "Surtur Rising" and the release date is 29-3-11. I have no idea how credible this is. It's just something I found while looking up news about the new album.

Looks like this Information was given exclusively in Terrorizer Magazine (that's what google finds).

And apparently they know more than Metal Blade Records themselves :lol:

So I don't know if this Info is reliable or not. This is what I found:

http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1.php/2010/11/24/amon-amarth-reveal-new-album-title

Amon Amarth have revealed that their upcoming new album is set to be titled 'Surtur Rising'.

Speaking to Terrorizer, frontman-mountain Johan Hegg comments; "The album title is probably going to be 'Surtur Rising'. That's also one of the song titles and we're working on the others. Obviously the songs are going to be Amon Amarth, that's what we've always done, but we wanted to put a little more edge to our sound, so hopefully that's going to come out after the mixing and everything. We've laid down ten tracks, and as is usual for us, every one of them is going to end up on the album."

More info in Terrorizer issue 205, out December 30!

'Sutur Rising' will be released March 29 on Metal Blade

and: http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog6...omments-on-amon-amarth-children-of-bodom-tour

After exclusively revealing the title of Amon Amarth's upcoming new album to Terrorizer yesterday, frontman Johan Hegg has also commented on the band's spring tour with Finnish chums Children of Bodom.

Comments Johan; "It's always great fun to head out with the Bodom guys, we've been out on tour with them twice in the US already. It's been great every time, so for us this felt like a really good opportunity because Bodom are really big over [in the UK]. We were looking for a tour in the UK to bring our music to a bigger crowd, and we've been growing quite well there over the past four years, so to be able to tour with Bodom is hopefully gonna give us a chance to spread our music."

You can catch Amon, Bodom and Finnish folk/battle metal warriors Ensiferum on the following dates:

April 01 – UEA Norwich
April 02 – Academy 1 Manchester
April 03 – ABC Glasgow
April 05 – Vicar Street Dublin
April 07 – Rock City Nottingham
April 08 – Academy Birmingham
April 09 – Forum London

Amon Amarth's new album 'Sutur Rising' will be released 29 March on Metal Blade

None of those Infos regarding the new album can be found on official sites of Amon Amarth or Metal Blade.
But what the heck / (hegg ^^) 29th of March would be incredible! Didn't expect the new Album so early :headbang:

March 29th is incredibly soon indeed!

Surtur Rising eh? Seems like AA has some hard fixation for Ragnarök, not that its a bad thing.. just saying :)

Album title confirmed on official AA homepage now. Also the release in Spring (no partivular date though) :D

and three addtional tour dates in Germany including 24.MAY (DE) MUNICH / Tonhalle :headbang:

Wohoo I will be there for sure!

Edit: looks like the're taking the next step. Tonhalle is definately bigger than the good old backstage.

This album will probably be great :)
Looking forward to this!
Next year will be 3 years since Twilight of the Thunder God, I hope the album got some epic songs... such as 'Prediction of warfare' and '...And soon the world will cease to be' :headbang:

Oh i can't wait for this!
And yeah, got some ragnorok theme to it, that or 'fire demon' theme or something.
As for the official AA not announcing the date, i suppose it could be that its subject to change. I'm gonna go look for a pre-order :rofl:

Awesome. Can't wait.
Glad to hear they're going for more of an edge, I felt Twilight sounded a bit soft, largely as a result of the production and mixing.
Also looking forward to a tour, although hopefully Canadians won't have to endure Bodom...

I know...but I had the fear they would stay in "their" month regarding the publishing of a new album, meaning it would have been out September 2011. So the end of march is earlier than I expected ;)

I know...but I had the fear they would stay in "their" month regarding the publishing of a new album, meaning it would have been out September 2011. So the end of march is earlier than I expected ;)

* Once Sent from the Golden Hall (1998)
* The Avenger (1999)
* The Crusher (2001)
* Versus the World (2002)
* Fate of Norns (2004)
* With Oden on Our Side (2006)
* Twilight of the Thunder God (2008)
* Surtur Rising (2011)

Guess they need to release this as it's kinda late and it breaks their cycle since Vs the world.

Yep they took a bit longer this time than with last few albums. But that's ok. They deserved to have a bit time for themselves after touring that much for the last album.
And I got a few new albums by other bands I like very much in the meantime ;)