swano.com

GuntherHermann

A cyberspace nomad
May 7, 2004
Yet another sad validity proof of an old dictum "good thing will not last forever" - and a dream house of Swanö lost its way to the final oblivion.
...will it be alive again? - is there any hope of recovery for it?

They need to keep the download section on The End's server (if it's still there) and have the rest of the site hosted somewhere else. I remember someone else suggesting this a while ago already, too bad they didn't take up on it.

TFH: I did ;) But when they change it all now, as Dan said in his own thread, maybe everything will work and they wouldn´t need that distinction anymore?

Anyways, if he is completely changing all the links for a new server in the future, it´s probably too complicated to do all the work for an intermediate solution with two hosts (until the new one would work). I guess...

At least I am lucky enough that I downloaded everything, and I am still not through with listenening to it all, but of course it´s a pity for those who don´t have it and new interested, I can understand it. On the other hand, if Dan is working on new music , it´s probably worth the delay :) Even geniuses have only 24 hours a day =)

fireangel said:
TFH: I did ;) But when they change it all now, as Dan said in his own thread, maybe everything will work and they wouldn´t need that distinction anymore?

Anyways, if he is completely changing all the links for a new server in the future, it´s probably too complicated to do all the work for an intermediate solution with two hosts (until the new one would work). I guess...

At least I am lucky enough that I downloaded everything, and I am still not through with listenening to it all, but of course it´s a pity for those who don´t have it and new interested, I can understand it. On the other hand, if Dan is working on new music , it´s probably worth the delay :) Even geniuses have only 24 hours a day =)

indeed.
fortunately i have managed to get some stuff -Steel, Route Nine, Ulan Bator, Outcome, Total Terror and Subway Mirror on DCC++ p2p sharing network.
However being a desperate consumer myself ( consumption is a disease i can not get a cure from:)) i always had a respect for a mastermind, such as mister Swanö is.
Fireangel, you said you have a pity for those who didn't make it:) - how about sharing Swano's brilliant masterpieces with the rest of lusting crowd:)
Dont' take it too seriously - its a joke.

TheFourthHorseman said:
They need to keep the download section on The End's server (if it's still there) and have the rest of the site hosted somewhere else. I remember someone else suggesting this a while ago already, too bad they didn't take up on it.
if so, perhaps downloaing links are still working

just a short reminder - www.swano.com is now up again and running as perfectly as it was ... and now it really RoCkS!
got to know a lot of new information concerning Swano and his creations ......
thanks a lot again

Sorry to say so, but no, it's not working perfectly... many of the downloading links are still on the "wrong" server, so to speak