SWANS, the band

DEEK

Oct 18, 2002
Visit site
does anyone here like their music?? supposedly they are a really dark indie band from NYC. just wondering what teh best album from them i should get first because i really want to get into this band.

A friend of mine popped in one of their later experimental albums immediately following an Emperor concert. Absolute piss poor timing on his part as I ended up hating it. I haven't heard them since then but I do see them listed as influences in a lot of linear notes so I'm sure they have merit. Going from the high of seeing Emperor and then immediately hearing Swans ruined them for me.

JARBOE is playing live in San Francisco on Monday September 23rd!

SubliminalSF Presents
Monday September 23rd
----
THE LIVING JARBOE
FAUN FABLES
AMBER ASYLUM

----
Doors 7pm / Show 8pm
$12 Advance / $15 Door
Advance Tickets @ www.cafedunord.com
----
CAFE DU NORD
2170 Market Street, San Francisco • 21+

More info @: https://www.facebook.com/events/631819223496058/

web.jpg

does anyone here like their music?? supposedly they are a really dark indie band from NYC. just wondering what teh best album from them i should get first because i really want to get into this band.

Swans is the second band in my name they taught me their was good extreme music outside of metal. They are considered the heaviest band of all time and their most brutal album is Public castration is a good Idea. Personally though I would suggest starting off with Filth and then trying out Cop as they are more accessible. The band eventually strayed away from the industrial noise they are known for and began experimenting. An example of their good experimental side is the Album Children of god with monster tracks like Beautifil child and Like a drug (Sha la la). Do note that Swans is not for everyone so don't be surprised if you hate it. Just make sure you give each album a chance since they change a lot.

Just to confirm that you know Public Castration is the heaviest album of all time most of the songs are 8 to 12 minutes long and its very bleak stuff complete opposite of pop music. Yes Public Castration is heavier than Dopethrone.

Swans are great. Their musical history seems to consist of so many different styles and innovations. I have yet to hear all their albums but from what I know of them they are a one of a kind band. Some of their stuff is hard to get through but ultimately very rewarding once you get into the "groove".