Rap

Life Sucks said:
He's not clueless for liking Nelly. He's clueless about music for thinking that Nelly has more musical talent/skill than bands that play complex metal.
Well, what is talent? Your definition of talent may be if a guitar player can shred at 230 bpm, play insanely fast soloes with 400 notes pr. minute, but who's to say what Steve in Texas should think?
No offense to Deathray Davie, but I think your post was pretty lame with all this "Everyone who likes rap just a bit needs to die!" shit! Saying rapping is sooo easy is just something you can easily say right now, but try writing some lyrics and rapping to a beat! I know that I wrote around 5 pages of lyrics before I started rapping. When I then started to rap to a beat I made in Cubase it took me a long time just to get started. When I then learned to rap I then wrote another 5 pages of lyrics that, when I looked at them 6 months later, were so bad I could just throw them out!

LuminousAether said:
To all of you morons slagging on rap when you've only heard mainstream rap: suck a fucking dick you goddamn hypocritical sheep.

If you base your opinion on metal from what you've heard of the mainstream, you would think that it was all whiney teenage angst bullshit over generic power chords with pathetic vocalists. That's as far from the truth as your pathetic, malformed, ignorant views on rap. Grow a brain.

I'm not into metal, but I'm pretty sure the whiney teenage angst bullshit you're referring to is a style of music called "EMO" which is still bullshit music, you are right about that. But hardly any of the music I like is mainstream so there for I can't be a hypocrite, can I? I'm not gonna listen to your underground rap, as I KNOW it will be complete shit.

One more note: The Supreme Court declared "rap" an official language. This is absurd, so now the words "fo shizzle my nizzle" are actually accepted? Good job for fucking up America; I'm not that racist, but more bullshit like this is pulling me farther and farther to one side of the spectrum.

Board said:
Well, what is talent? Your definition of talent may be if a guitar player can shred at 230 bpm, play insanely fast soloes with 400 notes pr. minute, but who's to say what Steve in Texas should think?
No offense to Deathray Davie, but I think your post was pretty lame with all this "Everyone who likes rap just a bit needs to die!" shit! Saying rapping is sooo easy is just something you can easily say right now, but try writing some lyrics and rapping to a beat! I know that I wrote around 5 pages of lyrics before I started rapping. When I then started to rap to a beat I made in Cubase it took me a long time just to get started. When I then learned to rap I then wrote another 5 pages of lyrics that, when I looked at them 6 months later, were so bad I could just throw them out!

Well, if you'd like to call them "lyrics". I'll try and make up some of my own words, incorporate them into a song, and use my drum machine to make a loud thumpy bass beat; shit maybe you'll hear me on MTV next week!!
P.S. douche bag (board), I write songs, I'm in a band, I record my own music, and I'm only 16 you fuck, don't tell me writing rap lyrics is hard, and "singing" to them is hard as well. It's not singing, its talking to a beat, I'd like to hear your lame ass carry a tune you fucking idiot.

Deathray Davie said:
I'm not into metal, but I'm pretty sure the whiney teenage angst bullshit you're referring to is a style of music called "EMO" which is still bullshit music, you are right about that. But hardly any of the music I like is mainstream so there for I can't be a hypocrite, can I? I'm not gonna listen to your underground rap, as I KNOW it will be complete shit.

One more note: The Supreme Court declared "rap" an official language. This is absurd, so now the words "fo shizzle my nizzle" are actually accepted? Good job for fucking up America; I'm not that racist, but more bullshit like this is pulling me farther and farther to one side of the spectrum.

It's amazing how two short paragraphs can contain so much crippling idiocy.

The style of music I am talking about is NOT emo, it is mainstream metal, or nu metal as it is called.

And what in the name of flying fuck does you not liking mainstream music have anything to with anything? If you EVER try to defend metal from some ignorant asshole, then you are a hypocrite. Basically, you have a completely unfounded taste in music.

LuminousAether said:
It's amazing how two short paragraphs can contain so much crippling idiocy.

The style of music I am talking about is NOT emo, it is mainstream metal, or nu metal as it is called.

And what in the name of flying fuck does you not liking mainstream music have anything to with anything? If you EVER try to defend metal from some ignorant asshole, then you are a hypocrite. Basically, you have a completely unfounded taste in music.

I'm not defending metal, I'm trying to rag on rap. And I'm trying to tell you i'm not a hypocrite for only listening to mainstream rap because you think I only listen to mainstream metal, which I don't. I like 70's rock, blues, and indie rock; I joined this forum as a way to make fun of rap. If this forum was "Nazi's who love Hitler" I'd still join just so I can put down rap, I didn't join because it was a metal forum. And why are the two paragraphs idiocracy? Hm? Oh and please explain "a completely unfounded taste in music".

LuminousAether said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA WWWWWHHHOOOOAAA hold on there. you listen to mainstream metal, or shitty bands like :puke: korn, :puke: cold, uh :puke: slipknot... okay you have NO RIGHT to say ANYTHING ANY MORE. first off numetal is just as bad as rap, which i'll get to later, bc all it is, is hard rock, but its to hard for mtv to play, so they call it numetal. no talent required at all, all you need is a flanger pedal, wah wah peedal and a drop tuned guitar, with lots of palm muting and a vocalist that sounds like he is getting anal raped.
Rap first off, how is making a rap with 26 rhymes any talent. lets see... there are 26 letters of the alphabet (yes i know my english alphabet) so eminem. you should slash your wrist or just act like a white guy

Deathraydavie said:
I joined this forum as a way to make fun of rap.
:OMG: :lol:
BRILLIANT MAN!!!! LMAO

Do you guys even read my posts? I don't even know where to start.

Where did I say I listened to nu metal?

"And I'm trying to tell you i'm not a hypocrite for only listening to mainstream rap because you think I only listen to mainstream metal, which I don't."

What the fuck? This doesn't make any sense, whatsoever. I said you are a hypocrite if you defend your taste in metal from the negative comments ignorant people make when you make the same negative comments about a genre you are ignorant about. Moron.

LuminousAether said:
Do you guys even read my posts? I don't even know where to start.

Where did I say I listened to nu metal?

"And I'm trying to tell you i'm not a hypocrite for only listening to mainstream rap because you think I only listen to mainstream metal, which I don't."

What the fuck? This doesn't make any sense, whatsoever. I said you are a hypocrite if you defend your taste in metal from the negative comments ignorant people make when you make the same negative comments about a genre you are ignorant about. Moron.

Yes, I would agree that my comment didn't make much sense cuz i didn't word it right. But your the fucking idiot; did you read this part? I'M NOT DEFENDING METAL! You know, maybe were not understanding each other; I don't like metal, not into the sound. I don't like rap, because it is loud, thumpy bullshit, with lame lyrics, and I hate the assholes that "sing" it. Now if they DJ it (which takes some talent), I don't hate them, but I still don't like the music too much. But I would still like to understand what you meant by "Basically, you have a completely unfounded taste in music." Now that makes no sense you retard. So explain, or are you dumbfounded by it too?

Metalheads against racsim... :lol: thats really funny. quit being a pussy weapon X. its ppl like you that lets us know that we have fucking dirty ass hippies in this world

Deathray Davie said:
Well, if you'd like to call them "lyrics". I'll try and make up some of my own words, incorporate them into a song, and use my drum machine to make a loud thumpy bass beat; shit maybe you'll hear me on MTV next week!!
P.S. douche bag (board), I write songs, I'm in a band, I record my own music, and I'm only 16 you fuck, don't tell me writing rap lyrics is hard, and "singing" to them is hard as well. It's not singing, its talking to a beat, I'd like to hear your lame ass carry a tune you fucking idiot.
Wow! That was quite possibly the most intelligent post I've ever read!
goggly.gif

I don't even know why I bother replying to it, but apparently I haven't got anything better to do at the current moment.
don't tell me writing rap lyrics is hard, and "singing" to them is hard as well
Well, try and write some, find an instrumental (or make one yourself) and rap to it. That's the only way you'll find out if it's as easy as you say it is. And try to get somebody who like rap and listens to the lyrics tell you if your rhymes are any good and if they match the likes of Redman for instance.
I don't even know why I suggest this to you, as you don't do it anyway, I'm pretty sure, so it's easy for you to say it's easy to rap and write lyrics.
I'd like to hear your lame ass carry a tune you fucking idiot
Well, yes I have a lame ass and I sit in a wheelchair and I'm a fucking idiot with an i.q. of 32. It's pretty impressive that you can see that about me when you've never even met me. Probably your only knowledge of my existince is that post I made that you replied to. Do you even know if I can play an instrument? For your information I think I started playing drums around 1991 and guitar around '94 or something. Well, when I've played that long I can't possibly carry a tune and I possibly can't have been in any of those bands I claim I've played in and I most certaintly can't write any riffs - that's for sure!
Since you're 16 I'm glad you're wiser on life than someone who's 22 and I'm also glad that you have such an extensive and fulfilling vocabulary!

I might add that I don't listen to rap myself. As I said in my earlier post (or maybe it was on the other rap thread), I lost interest in it after started looking for the originals and found out they were much better. I haven't put a rap record on in 3 - 3 1/2 years now and the last rap record will be sold on sunday.

Board said:
Wow! That was quite possibly the most intelligent post I've ever read!
goggly.gif

I don't even know why I bother replying to it, but apparently I haven't got anything better to do at the current moment.

Well, try and write some, find an instrumental (or make one yourself) and rap to it. That's the only way you'll find out if it's as easy as you say it is. And try to get somebody who like rap and listens to the lyrics tell you if your rhymes are any good and if they match the likes of Redman for instance.
I don't even know why I suggest this to you, as you don't do it anyway, I'm pretty sure, so it's easy for you to say it's easy to rap and write lyrics.

Well, yes I have a lame ass and I sit in a wheelchair and I'm a fucking idiot with an i.q. of 32. It's pretty impressive that you can see that about me when you've never even met me. Probably your only knowledge of my existince is that post I made that you replied to. Do you even know if I can play an instrument? For your information I think I started playing drums around 1991 and guitar around '94 or something. Well, when I've played that long I can't possibly carry a tune and I possibly can't have been in any of those bands I claim I've played in and I most certaintly can't write any riffs - that's for sure!
Since you're 16 I'm glad you're wiser on life than someone who's 22 and I'm also glad that you have such an extensive and fulfilling vocabulary!

Haha, very nice! Well I'm glad someone SO much older then me
(6 years! whose still in college?) is trying to set me straight! I'm not gonna find myself an insturmental, that would be stealing if I used it in my song and I'm a good boy so i don't steal. I'll make my own beat! And "sing" like I'm trying to grunt a turd out that has been in my system for 2 weeks! Then I can be a real rapper! Well I'm gonna go write those awesome lyrics like that Redman, I can only hope i can be as "good" as him!

And you know what? How bout I come up with an original name while I'm at it? I've got it! Lil D!

I'll post the song when I'm done, mmmmmmkay?
I'm glad you like my vocabulary too, I like yours as well, with all the big words like "insturmental" and "certainly" and "existance".

Board said:
I might add that I don't listen to rap myself. As I said in my earlier post (or maybe it was on the other rap thread), I lost interest in it after started looking for the originals and found out they were much better. I haven't put a rap record on in 3 - 3 1/2 years now and the last rap record will be sold on sunday.

I'm soo ashamed, I can't believe they let rap and shit like that get over to Europe! I mean I knew it was gonna happen, but still. Sending rap to Europe is as bad as Africans sending the west nile virus, aids, Ebola virus, Africans and other diseases/viruses like that to America.

you said makign a rap son g is hard????

i wrote this in 5 minutes

Yo this be tyrese, I’m a raging black and you better sit back
this is the story of us my pals and me and it’s a shitty ass rap
I love raping women and lynching their babies
I once fucked a dog and ended up with rabies
I voted for bush, listen up yo wigga!
I wanted a prez who was dumb as this nigga
I hold up 711, my iq’s close to 82
there are some smart nigga, but only a few

u can't give me a black eye nor a fat lip too
i am a hog that eats on 4 legs, while you eat on 2