Rap

Luminous my man. You like the following rapcore/metal bands?

Biohazard
E-Town Concrete
Rage Against The Machine

Besides the simple, boring, repetitive music to which mainstream rappers rap, the lyrics really piss me off. I hate hearing some filthy rich egotisitical thug rap about how much pussy he gets. "It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes" "You'll find me in the club, bottle full of Bud" What brilliant lyrics. Lol.

I've only seen one E-Town Concrete video but I didn't like it that much. In fact, it was kind of hilarious to see this thugged out white guy rapping in a pretty typical rap video that looked like it was filmed with a camcorder and a $25 budget.

RATM are an ok band, I liked them a lot when I was younger.

If we are talking about rap rock, I've always loved Faith No More, and their earlier material had a lot of rap in it.

Tool said:
Almost all rap I've heard is either annoying or extremely boring. I do like Rage Against the Machine, though.

Gotta agree that I like a couple of their songs as well, but I heard two of their albums and they didn't impress me as a whole as far as good songs through the whole CDs.

Bryant

Rap? There's only one song by Busta Rhymes that actually makes me laugh, but otherwise, rap isn't worth my time.

Rap? Someone forgot the 'c' when they named this music. (In other words, rap should be called 'crap', for those of you who are a bit slow). :)

Personally I can't stand it, it's a shame that rap and metal are starting to blend together (as in the abundance of 'rapcore' metal bands such as Slipknot).

Life Sucks said:
Does anyone here like rap? I personally hate it with a passion, but I was wondering if there are any metalheads out there that actually like it. It doesn't really seem like a type of music that a metalhead could get into. RAP SUCKS!!!

how old are u? 15? ok, i understand.

"it doesn't really seem like a type of music that a metalhead could get into". what about Anthrax??? ha, "Bring Tha Noize" with PE and "I'm The Man". Crossover between Metal and Rap has been here for more than 15 years and you are wondering if there are any metalheads out there that actually like it? have you been sleeping for the last 15 years?

if there was no PE (Public Enemy) then i wouldn't be a metalhead! PE's and Anthrax's "Bring Tha Noize" got me into metal and i'm a true metalheart since then. forget pop-rap-shit like Will Smith, Eminem and the whole hip hop-soul-crap on mtv. i've been listening to hip hop for fucking 14 years! Young MC tought Faith No More's Mike Patton how to rap. think about Ice-T, he loves Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Pantera etc. and is one of my favorite rap-artists. Ice-T recorded a song with Slayer, Cypress Hill recorded with Biohazard and Fear Factory. Biohazard like Rap and remixed a song by Onyx ("Slam"), Obituary like Ice-T and did a Death-Rap on "Back From The Dead" and those are just a few examples out of so many.

There are soo many true metalheads who like hip hop, i even know blackmetal-people who listen to rap sometimes. At a Body Count-gig i saw people with Manowar-,Motörhead-,Maiden- and Priest-shirts, Body Count is Ice-T's band. Body Count's guitar-player Ernie C. produced a Black Sabbath-record.

Yo! Man!

vic was 'ere said:
Rap? Someone forgot the 'c' when they named this music. (In other words, rap should be called 'crap', for those of you who are a bit slow). :)

Personally I can't stand it, it's a shame that rap and metal are starting to blend together (as in the abundance of 'rapcore' metal bands such as Slipknot).

rap and metal are starting to blend together? rap-metal has been existing for more than fucking 15 years!

you all know rick rubin, don't you! he produced every Slayer-record except "Show no mercy". Rick Rubin produced the most important and best rap-artists in the 80's and was the first who put guitar-riffs into hip hop. (Beastie Boys, Run DMC, Public Enemy, LL Cool J) rubin played guitar on Run DMC's "Raising Hell".

LL Cool J sucks nowadays and makes commercial hip hop-soul-shit for mtv and the radio. i like his old songs like "rock the bellz", "go cut creator go" and "mama said knock you out".

I'll just link instead of repeating myself:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=69115

I migth also add that band is called Jazzmatazz, at least if it's the one with Guru from Gangstarr in it. The first album had a bunch of jazz musicians on it, but the newest one (if there hasn't been released one since "Streetsoul") is more like hip hop/r n' b stuff and not much jazz.
Another thing, although more people have started making music themselves, I think it's safe to say that 99% of the genres music uses samples! Trust me, I was a major hip hop head some years ago and made beats myself (made around 500 I think). The underground scene pretty much exploded some years back and I don't think ANY of them uses real instruments (ok, maybe a few, but still not more than the 1%).

Thrashard said:
how old are u? 15? ok, i understand.

"it doesn't really seem like a type of music that a metalhead could get into". what about Anthrax??? ha, "Bring Tha Noize" with PE and "I'm The Man". Crossover between Metal and Rap has been here for more than 15 years and you are wondering if there are any metalheads out there that actually like it? have you been sleeping for the last 15 years?

if there was no PE (Public Enemy) then i wouldn't be a metalhead! PE's and Anthrax's "Bring Tha Noize" got me into metal and i'm a true metalheart since then. forget pop-rap-shit like Will Smith, Eminem and the whole hip hop-soul-crap on mtv. i've been listening to hip hop for fucking 14 years! Young MC tought Faith No More's Mike Patton how to rap. think about Ice-T, he loves Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Pantera etc. and is one of my favorite rap-artists. Ice-T recorded a song with Slayer, Cypress Hill recorded with Biohazard and Fear Factory. Biohazard like Rap and remixed a song by Onyx ("Slam"), Obituary like Ice-T and did a Death-Rap on "Back From The Dead" and those are just a few examples out of so many.

There are soo many true metalheads who like hip hop, i even know blackmetal-people who listen to rap sometimes. At a Body Count-gig i saw people with Manowar-,Motörhead-,Maiden- and Priest-shirts, Body Count is Ice-T's band. Body Count's guitar-player Ernie C. produced a Black Sabbath-record.

Yo! Man!
Lol, I'm 26. Of couse I remember "Bring Tha Noise," Bodycount, and the Judgement Night soundtrack. Bodycount was Ice Tea's metal band and "Bring Tha Noise" and the Judgement Night soundtrack were just one time collaborations between metal bands and rappers. But there are no current day rappers that put out CDs I like. Of course there are rap metal bands, but I don't really care too much for nu-metal.

hi Life Sucks! i'm also 26 and i don't like today's rap. hip hop is too commercial nowadays, every 2nd pop-song contains rap-parts, it's a total sell-out and when i see a soft soul-hip hop-crap-video then i really need to put in the Bludgeon-CD "Crucify The Priest".

sometimes (2 times a year or so) i put in one old hardcore-rap-cd of the 80's or early 90's. at least 95% of the music i listen to is metal!

Fuck current Hip Hop! Real Hip Hop died 1992!

Metal Forever!

Thrashard said:
Fuck current Hip Hop! Real Hip Hop died 1992!

!

agree!!!!

something also until '93/'94

then i only really like lil' kim hardcore(in every sense
lol.gif
)rap.....

anyway if you listen to the first band of busta rhymes they are more complex than prog....

they were LORDZ OF THE NEW SKOOL

yo!

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Obituary like Ice-T and did a Death-Rap on "Back From The Dead" and those are just a few examples out of so many.

Yo, you sure Obituary members like rap? That can't be true.

And Eminem? That fucker needs to be shot in the face for hypnotizing millions to be a piece of shit, badass-wannabe wigger. Not only his music is bad but his fans are bad enough. A bunch of trendy little shits.