Metalheads who also listen to rap

hahaha:lol: Na, man. I don't hate them at all. They just cause a lot of problems IMO. I dislike religion in general.

I do love drum machines though.

I really hate when cool threads become ridiculous arguments. If youre not a metalhead who likes rap then why do ya feel it's necessary to come in here and voice your opinion? Back on topic:

I'm suprised no one mentioned Tech N9ne. His stuff has gotten a little boring this past year or so but he's the perfect cross over artist for metalheads.

A bit of healthy discussion is always a good thing.
And besides it's not like I like all metal out there, and while I do like some hip hop and do consider myself a metalhead who listens to hip hop, why the hell is it a problem that I voice some opinions on it?

I mean people still follow organized religion for God's sake.
lol?

I listen to a shitload of stuff, but rap is something I just don't seem to have much room for. I really love A Tribe Called Quest and enjoy certain other acts. I can kinda relate to the sentiments that James and Ermin are putting forward, but then you've got stuff like this:

Which is quite obviously a positive jam.

Then on the other hand I fuckin' love this dude:

Even though his music is pretty much the epitome of what I don't like about rap. Go figure that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you guys sound like total idiots discussing this stuff.

Anyways, I like a good amount of hip hop, mostly indie hip hop though... which is generally nothing at all like the "bitches, money, guns, weed" rap a lot of guys in this thread are talking about.

I love Aesop Rock... the best hip hop artist in the world as far as I'm concerned.

I also like Sage Francis, Saul Williams, Alias, Prefuse 73, Illogic, Del, Sole, Eyedea, Zion I, De La Soul, Gorillaz, Mos Def, Jurassic 5, etc.

then you didn't read all the posts.

my point was that metal kids, by and large, treat metal lyrics as fantasy, and the music as a temporary escape from daily life.

but young kids into rap these days, by and large, take it's messages and lyrics AS real life.

this is where i think the PMRC missed the mark.

I agree because the rap lyrics are presented as real life in real world situations. Metal lyrics on the other hand, unless dealing with social issues, are largely based in either the past, some far away place, or deal with fictional subject matter like Valhalla or Odin. But in rap you hear mostly about pulling a glock, shooting cops, selling rock, or slapping your hoe.

Even rappers are making fun of traditional rap lyrics now

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8&feature=related[/ame]

Greydon Square. He calls out the ignorant fucks that make up the bulk of our entertainment industry (and the World) and puts 'em where they belong; In the foreground being RIDICULED. He's about all I can take anymore as far as rap goes. wanna-be intelligent hip-hop artists like mos def can fuck right off.

surprised to only see like 4 mentions of aesop rock, one of them being mine.

for anyone who does not like rap, and who thinks its entirely bullshit: listen to "Labor Days". or at least read the lyrics. eofs.

Back to the OP, one of the best for intellectual contemporary hip-hop is Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor- love that album.

I used to be big into hip hop/trip hop/etc when I was in my teens because I rollerbladed a lot (haha). Here are a few of my favourites from back in the day:

Also gotta check out Jurassic 5, Hieroglyphics, Beatnuts, Deltron 3030, DJ Shadow, The Roots- anything that has a real live performance element to it. I also pump Will Smith's Greatest Hits in the car a lot haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like mos def ,redman , nas, method man , em , joe budden ,lloyd banks... that's about it. 50 cent was great on his first album but he totally sucks these days

i really hate the whole young money crew

i really hate the whole young money crew

j really hate every "crew"... and "posse"... and "entourage"... and "hype man".... blah blah blah

sorry... hate it.

just not entertaining to me in any way.. none of it. i'd rather watch paint dry than another "pool party" video.

i think im gonna go see sage francis at brighton in september
his last 4 albums have all sucked fucking hardcore, but personal journals was such an important album to me that i cant not go.

Guys...I am a metalhead tooo who happens to love rap too...you should check some greek rap stuff like "βαβυλώνα","active member","fullface" and some others that I can;t think of right now
search on youtube for "βαβυλώνα-παράφρων" trust me...:headbang:

That Vinnie Paz song above. What a load of bullshitery. Sad thing is, I know people that believe all this craziness and this comes out of their mouth a lot: "I'm not happy in this life" as if they know for sure there is another to be had. Pretty sad shit.

If you're referring to 'End of Days'; I don't believe the point isn't that he actually thinks, ie. that ancient egyptians had electrical power... He just wants people to question things - and he might feel those ridiculous arguments are necessary for him to be able to actually get the message out there without it being censored/manipulated/whatever he thinks might happen.

I don't think anyone really believes for most of the stuff he says in that song, but I do think a lot of americans need to reconsider their stance in political issues, so here's hoping that actually happens through those lines of bullshitery.