V review coming from a rap fan

karelrulez

Oct 5, 2002
Netherlands
www.ozrics.com
I found this on amazon, it's a rap fan doing a review about the V album, I thought it was kinda cool

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004YR6K/qid=1093125766/sr=8-2/ref=pd_ka_2/002-5783010-5903204?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Coming From A Rap Fan... A RAP FAN!!!!!!!, July 2, 2004

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1][/size][/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Reviewer: Papa (London) - See all my reviews [/size][/font]
Yes you read the title right. If you click my name you know that I have reviewed two rap albums (I don't usually bother reviewing on amazon but I like reading some of the reviews). Anyways as I was saying I am a huge rap fan (and not that commercial MTV crap like 50 CENT, Eminem, Chingy, Nelly, J-Kwon, Murphy Lee etc.) and to be honest I hate all that pop-punk/metal crap (Blink 182, Sum 41, Slipknot etc.) and I used to hate metal/rock/progressive rock in general. So what made me change my mind? This amazing group.

Ok so it was unusual for me to listen to this kind of music. I just thought it was pointless drum bashing with played out electric guitars... but this group... they have something special I just don't know.... there is three things that make this album amazing.

1. Lyrics... lyrically this album has ten times the talent than of that rat faced b*****d Chingy. It's just amazing how the lead singer delivers them.... I absoloutely love them.

2. Delivery... As I said before the delivery of the man's voice... kind of Freddie Mercury-ish but is very influential. I'm not sure if you can call it singing but he definently has that unique voice that makes you wanna sit down and listen,...

And most importantly in my opinion 3.
The Music- The band musically are just geniuses... the beautiful synchronisation (sp?) with the drums and guitars mixed in with some nice synthesising beats now again with the beautiful vocals is a nice combination.

Sometimes I feel the interludes are a bit too long for me to get into the song.... but that's the whole beauty of it... they can show their musical talent as well as their vocal/lyrical skill on just one song alone.

I am now starting to get into this kind of music. I only just found out other bands like Dream Theatre, Thy Masjestee etc... and they really do get you pumped. If this kind of music was as commercial as hip hop was today I believe it would even be bigger. And remember I am a true hip hop fan and this is porbably the first ever genre of music I have listented to outside of it.

I love you Symphony X, and keep up the good work.

P.S. I know I'm a bit late but hey... we've all gotta start somewhere.

My favourite songs are Fallen (especially the interlude), A Fool's Paradise (probably the best lyrically) and the death of balance (that interlude gets me hyped the most) Peeeace.

lol, the guy discovered metal where people can actually play the instruments correctly, and he likes it. What a suprise. As for the inversely thing, i like anything where people actually play the instruments so does anyone know any underground good hip hop.

I was a rap fan in the past as I was listening to snoop dogg, 2pac, dr. dre, ice cube etc..mainstream rap obviously. I hated metal as it hurt my ears, but sadly Limp bizkit got me into metal, and from there I went through a lot of nu-metal, and finally old school metallica landed me into more underground metal..and here I am a Symphony X fan. This music just rules.

Wow, its weird to see rap and Symphony X in the same sentence, but if it means a new fan, that rocks. It's pretty amazing how people evolve in terms of the music styles they like. I was way into pop and alternative stuff before I went metal.

yep. went that whole root. My ciusin got me into rap which got me into rap-metal, which brought me into true metal in all its glories

Now i neither listen to rap or rap metal

hmmm I truly believe this review is a fake .A clever fan of Symphonyx is maybe trying to sell them out , coz i know some rap fans,it s not only the music but a whole life style around them (like metal for us) so i am not sure if we should take these words as real.If people into rap and RNB had a kind of sense of musicality...well they would listen to Metal prog isnt it?:p

I wouldnt go so far as to call it FAKE. I DO think it is possible.

As far as rap goes: I listen to SOME Snoop, Beastie Boys, and Kotton Mouth Kings, whats wrong with listening to something different EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE =).

Meh, its good to see SX getting bigger tho, i'd love to see them get like an Opeth like following, or DT - to the point where they can pack in 3-5k people venues. (GA tho, seating sucks)

:lol: It's funny you'd think that just because one rap person says SX are good, then they are becoming BIGGER.

Ithink either this person is a one-off, because most people are too narrow-minded to admit another style in music is as good or better than what they are listening to, or it's a joke. I'd vote for the joke as it's more probable. But who knows!? :yow: