V review coming from a rap fan

Noctislord said:
hmmm I truly believe this review is a fake .A clever fan of Symphonyx is maybe trying to sell them out , coz i know some rap fans,it s not only the music but a whole life style around them (like metal for us) so i am not sure if we should take these words as real.If people into rap and RNB had a kind of sense of musicality...well they would listen to Metal prog isnt it?:p

That could be possible, sounds like something I would do :hotjump:

who knows, if he likes it and is serious, then cool.. if its some kind of stupid private joke he has with his other little rap buddies, then the jokes on him because it would make him just look like a fool.

Why can't he like it? I guess he prefer good MUSIC, not only rap. I have a lot fo friends who aren't into metal at all, but they love some Dream Theater songs and I'm sure they would like SymX aswell if they gave it some time.

Yes, Hip hop is a lifestyle, and all metalheads (like myself) truly have their own lifestyle, and could sort of make sense to me if a metaldude says he hate rap without really given it a chance. But on this forum there are alot of musicians and I think we should be more openminded to other's music. Most hip hopers I know rap themself to. You don't really must know how to sing when you rap, it's more about cordination and a fast mind (improvised raping is kick ass when it's good) which makes them to musicians aswell IMO, so I'm not suprised they know when they hear good music although it's not rap.

If anyone wanna give rap a chance, I recomend Run DMC, NWA and Eminem (yeah, he's commercial, but he's damn good and deserve respect IMO).

There are a numerous amount of old skool Rap freaks at my school that are heavily getting into heavy shit. An islander mate of mine actually likes SymX now.. He likes it cos he loves to hear lead guitars and solos, and with myself showing him Michael Romeo, he was hooked he wants me to make him a compilation CD showing off the best songs. I have the perfect track list lined up IMO.

C! We DO have a chance out there in the big wide world of mainstream! This means massive crowded shows. And this would all only be good IF:

The people buying and going to their shows were true fans, like us. Or developing true fans is still good.

Laters!
Scott