racist rap

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
I hate rap, but I keep hearing that there are rappers that have anti-white lyrics. I'm just wondering if anyone knows who some of the racist rappers are. People always say that a lot of rap is racist towards whites, but so far it seems that there are far more metal bands that are racists against minorities and Jews.

Good topic.

It's different. In metal, it seems like there are a bunch of bands off to the side who preach pure hatred towards other races while most bands avoid the subject all together. In rap, there seems to be a more subtle racism in the majority. Most mainstream rappers that I hear make fun of white people at some point in their albums if not in their videos.

There are similarities, though. There was a rap group in Michigan a few years back who were preaching the glory of fundamental Islam waging war on the "arrogant American." (1998-ish) I forget their name, but they were very underground and never made it anywhere. Combined with their horrible lack of talent which stood out more than anything, I think that it's safe to say that there are many metal bands with similar stories.

There is a big pro-black movement stemming from the Black Panthers which could be called black nationalism. This is a bigger part of the message for many of these "racist" groups than most people, especially new listeners, realize. Guys like Mos Def and Talib Kweli are trying to lift the spirits of the Afro-American community in particular and don't really give a damn about what the white folks think. It's not that they hate white people, they just love black people more. Again, switch a few words and it's a paragraph about metal.

It's not just black and white. It seems like the only rappers who don't stand up for their race in particular are the white ones.

If you're really interested in the hatred stuff, then the term I suggest for research would be 'militant hip hop'. I never really got into that shit, but it's out there.

Interesting. I never noticed mainstream rappers making fun of white people, but then again, I don't listen to rap at all. I don't doubt that quite a few of them dislike white people though.

What I find strange is that black rappers that say they are against racism say my pals in alot of their songs.

Oh, this seems like the place to post this. Some wigger was asking me if black people can say my pals, it's ok for white rap fans to say it. And he also had the brillant idea that if that wasn't ok, white rap fans can say "nigga" since thats the way black rappers say it. Rap IS destroying children's brains.

In the interest of objective clarity, I exagerated the focus on white people in my above post. I try not to do that, but sometimes I do by accident. Also, when I said mainstream, I meant people like Ice Cube. I don't have a clue about 50 cent, Nelly and such shit.

I notice that that case against Ice Cube has no examples from within the last ten years. I would like to see him address those same issues today and see how they compare. I think that he just fell into some bullshit for a while as many good people do.

The KKK comment is a great point.

Personally, I use the word my pals to refer to someone's character regardless of race. I generally use nigga as just another pronoun. Know what I'm sayin', nigga? I never doubted whether the use of either of these terms was allowed, but I can recognize that there are situations when it's inappropriate. Regardless of the racial makeup of a room, I make sure that everyone knows me before using either, especially the ER brand.

I think that to understand the differences between the racism in rap and in metal, it's important to recognize the roots of the genres themselves. Metal comes from a legacy of a frustrated counter-culture while rap comes from a history of expressing self confidence. While metal bands often tend to attack what they think is wrong with their society, rappers tend to place more emphasis on representing their neighborhoods. Obviously, there are many exceptions in both cases.

You might want to check out some Dead Prez lyrics. They have some militant and some constructive messages. If the lyrics interest you then give them a listen. They're really good.

Life Sucks said:
Interesting. I never noticed mainstream rappers making fun of white people, but then again, I don't listen to rap at all. I don't doubt that quite a few of them dislike white people though.
Hahaha, why did you not notice that. Black people poke fun at white people all the time.

I dont know much about that rap group Dead Prez but I've heard they make very strong anti-white messages. If they're bitching about white oppression that's stupid because they're doing the samething towards white people.

Racism is concentrated mostly in Black Metal when it comes to heavy metal but the rest isn't. I'm not white but the stupid thing is some say I'm probably a Nazi just because I listen to heavy metal. Stupid stereotypes like that come up probably just because whites make up most of those in heavy metal. You said there are a lot of racist metal bands but I disagree, there are far more racist punk bands then there are in heavy metal.

The caucasion race is hated for a good reason.

1. British enslaving Africans...

2. British killing off Native Americans...

3. Spanish killing off the Mayans, Aztechs, and Incas...

4. Americans dropping a nuke on Japan, killing 500,000+ people...

5. Even caucasions can't get along together with other caucasions. Look at the war in the middle east, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the holocaust, the romans enslaving their own civilians...the list goes on.

We caucasions need to accept that the facts. We, the caucasions, are the source of all evil in the world, and any hatred directed towards us, we deserve. Just accept it; CAUCASIONS ARE INFERIOR.

Yes. That is complete bullshit. It's an interesting post, though, because that's exactly the kind of post which would be applauded in many hip hop discussion forums. That's a whole other side to the racism in rap. I haven't read nearly as many rap forums as I have metal, but it seems to me that that type of post will be ignored if not applauded in a rap forum while, for the most part, that type of post will be ignored if not torn appart in a metal forum.

Now from the top...

Murai:

I agree that, in the US at least, black people make fun of white people all the time. It's not just a rap thing. I grew up outside Detroit and consider that city to be the most racist city in the US.

Check out the Dead Prez lyrics before you judge them. Their anti-white message is not as dominant I, for one, used to think. I used to ignore them because I downloaded a few songs and heard that sort of message. When I checked out more of their lyrics, though, I saw them in a new light. When I heard them with the Beat Junkies, the message took a back seat in a hurry.

I agree that there are more racist punk bands than racist metal bands. Of course, it's easier to play punk than metal and I think that there are more punk bands with every message. "A lot" is very subjective.

Profanity:

Not all rappers are racist. Hip hop is a very diverse genre in every way.

Your point about them not making it clear but understood is a good one, though. I asked my friend, who listens to alot more mainstream rap than I do, whether or not it was a fair statement that most rappers have an anti-white message in their lyrics. He said, "they all do... except for the Beastie Boys." After further questioning, he admited that it wasn't usually direct, but it's understood.

ultima_tech_incorporated said:
The caucasion race is hated for a good reason.

1. British enslaving Africans...

2. British killing off Native Americans...

3. Spanish killing off the Mayans, Aztechs, and Incas...

4. Americans dropping a nuke on Japan, killing 500,000+ people...

5. Even caucasions can't get along together with other caucasions. Look at the war in the middle east, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the holocaust, the romans enslaving their own civilians...the list goes on.

We caucasions need to accept that the facts. We, the caucasions, are the source of all evil in the world, and any hatred directed towards us, we deserve. Just accept it; CAUCASIONS ARE INFERIOR.
The same can be said about any race. The Japanese soldiers abusing and killing Koreans in World War II, the frequent ethnic cleansing and tribal wars going on in Africa, the infighting in South America..... Humans are evil. Caucasians are no more evil than the rest.

MURAI said:
Hahaha, why did you not notice that. Black people poke fun at white people all the time.

I dont know much about that rap group Dead Prez but I've heard they make very strong anti-white messages. If they're bitching about white oppression that's stupid because they're doing the samething towards white people.

Racism is concentrated mostly in Black Metal when it comes to heavy metal but the rest isn't. I'm not white but the stupid thing is some say I'm probably a Nazi just because I listen to heavy metal. Stupid stereotypes like that come up probably just because whites make up most of those in heavy metal. You said there are a lot of racist metal bands but I disagree, there are far more racist punk bands then there are in heavy metal.
I guess I didn't notice black people making fun of white people in rap because I don't listen to any rap. And there is certainly not any of that in the popular rap songs that I hear when I go out to bars or clubs. Yes, racism in metal is mostly found in black metal, but there are some exceptions, like the death metal band Arghoslent (see my sig). In terms of punk bands, it seems that every punk band has some kind of political agenda; there are also very many anti-racist, leftist punk bands, like Propagandhi.

I've read a post but somebody making a comparison to heavy metal and punk and it was very true so I remembered it. Heavy metal tends to be more about fantasy and emotion and punk seems to be more political or just made to be offensive.

Life Sucks said:
The same can be said about any race. The Japanese soldiers abusing and killing Koreans in World War II, the frequent ethnic cleansing and tribal wars going on in Africa, the infighting in South America..... Humans are evil. Caucasians are no more evil than the rest.

In that case...why hate one race when you can hate them all?

Ok, look at rappers music videos. they always portray white ppl as being nerdy or out of style or something like that. I always hear the term 'cracker' whenever theres an angry black guy on tv. They cry about being opressed and junk yet they do it themselves. They seem to think that promoting power to black people is fine and dandy but if any white guy say something like 'Im proud to be white' its automatically seen as racist. People are just crybaby pussies if they cant handle any of this junk. I say they should die if they dont like it. As for racist punk, theres 'oi' a genre thats all for the racist music. :bah: :puke:

luciferlad said:
Ok, look at rappers music videos. they always portray white ppl as being nerdy or out of style or something like that. I always hear the term 'cracker' whenever theres an angry black guy on tv. They cry about being opressed and junk yet they do it themselves. They seem to think that promoting power to black people is fine and dandy but if any white guy say something like 'Im proud to be white' its automatically seen as racist. People are just crybaby pussies if they cant handle any of this junk. I say they should die if they dont like it. As for racist punk, theres 'oi' a genre thats all for the racist music. :bah: :puke:

"Oi" isn't a racist genre. Like all other types of music, it contains some racist bands. It's supposed to be a vehicle for working-class skinheads to make loud music and shout about the things they care about, and some of them are racist. Actual racist punk genres are RAC and hatecore, which are defined by their racism.

lord667 said:
"Oi" isn't a racist genre. Like all other types of music, it contains some racist bands. It's supposed to be a vehicle for working-class skinheads to make loud music and shout about the things they care about, and some of them are racist. Actual racist punk genres are RAC and hatecore, which are defined by their racism.

i see