Racism?

Welfare programs and things of that nature, as Dakryn said, do not change one's attitude.

Bull Shit. That is honestly the most ignorant thing I think I have ever seen you post.

If this problem is really going to be tackled, then it needs to come from third parties. I want to be clear that while I recognize that the plight of poverty affects all races and it needs to be addressed at all levels, the nature of this thread is racism, so I felt that it was more apt to discuss the way that race relates to socioeconomic hardship, which is an added burden for millions of people in this country that makes their struggle even more difficult. There are countless examples of minorities (and women) who receive inferior attendance and care from various institutions, from hospitals, to doctors, to retail outlets, to job interviews, based on their race or gender (look into the books I mentioned that discuss examples of these; for example, minorities with white doctors receive far less one on one time and legitimate care and discussion about their health during an average checkup than a white with a white doctor or a white with a minority doctor). There are many, many different, smaller issues under the more global umbrella of issues, and they need to be tackled at all angles, but I feel that, in order to be most effective, "aid" needs to come from third parties and general education and awareness efforts. For many people in this country, their image of minorities is a poor one, and it affects their views on how they should be treated. So part of the solution is the solution itself; the more people see minorities in high, respectable positions, the more subconsciously positive they will feel toward them.

While I agree that aid needs to come from third parties, I disagree with the majority of the substance and angle of the rest of it. I am completely against handouts, and the shitty medical that most minorities receive is because they aren't paying for it.

Education being key, is probably the only thing we would agree on. Example: I have been around farming areas nearly my whole life, and migrant workers are a big part of that. These guys make a decent amount of money compared to expenses. But I have worked in a mall and seen how they spend their money. The money that isn't being sent to families gets blown. English and basic financial education would go a long ways to assisting at least that portion of minorities.

Specifically regarding blacks I have very little sympathy at this point for mainly the reasons already listed. I've met enough confident, sucessful blacks who do not have that victim mentality to know that it is time for the rest of them to "grow up".

Or they can continue to aspire to the BET glorified lifestyle while living the state funded one.

i imagine my old town of southern pines falls into the east carolina category.
~gR~

Oh snap, small world. Close enough.

I'm fatigued enough that I watched the whole thing and began to smirk at the end, but...wow.
:lol:
Who the fuck made that?

Something I found on Encyclopedia Dramatica:
An average child after opening a Kwanzaa gift:
Thatsracistshoop.gif

cool. ive still got family scattered about north carolina. i havent seen em in ages. i should probably go back. perhaps i will if i ever get stationed near there
~gR~

Blacks are genetically inferior. They can have my tax dollars when hell freezes over.
I wish more racists were like you.

I live in Maryland, the state with the 3rd highest black population percentage. 28.9% to be specific.

Dodens black population percentage is around 12. CC's is about 1% and that other guy lives in Canada which has a very low black population percentage.

edit:

I've also noticed that many of the statements giving support to helping minorities practically talked about minorities like they were a different species riddled with unescapable poverty. The "non-racist" and "non-ignorant" views. However the "racist" and "ignorant" views talked about minorities like they were normal people who could do what anyone else could.
If you weren't so incredibly ignorant you might know that Toronto is one of the most multicultural cities in the world. It is projected that in 2012 visible minorities will be a majority in Toronto. So please don't go around saying that I only live with white people.

EDIT: And even if we're talking about black people only (which seems silly), black people are 8.4% of Toronto and 2.5% of Canada so I don't know why you made up 1%.

It's not treating minorities like a different species, it's recognizing the general trend affecting a group of people. If I said Baltimoreans (sp?) were more prone to crime than Torontonians I would be right, but that doesn't mean I think of Baltimoreans as lesser people. It means I am recognizing a problem. Recognizing that minorities are generally more affected by poverty and institutional racism is a important in actually taking steps to solve the problem. Closing your eyes to it and saying that everyone is equally able to succeed in out society does not help anyone.

It might help the individual doing it if they in a situation were more tax funded attempts at striving for equality would be hurt them financially or if they are likely to be a victim of positive discrimination.

It might help the individual doing it if they in a situation were more tax funded attempts at striving for equality would be hurt them financially or if they are likely to be a victim of positive discrimination.

I read this 3 times and it still isn't close to making sense.