Racism?

entanglement

Jan 30, 2006
France
Heh, I just got this email.

"Proud to be White Michael Richards makes his point...... Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point. This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points... Someone finally said it. H ow many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc. And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'.... and that's OK. But when I call you, my pals, Kike, Towel head, Sand-my pals, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist. You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live? You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists.. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists. If we had White History Month, we'd be racists. If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists. We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that?? A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant. If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US ... Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.. In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists. You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists. You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist. I am proud.... But you call me a racist. Why is it that only whites can be racists?? There is nothing improper about this e-mail. Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on. I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves! BE PROUD TO BE WHITE! It's not a crime YET... but getting very close! It is estimated that ONLY 5% of those reaching this point in this e-mail, will pass it on. "

Blah. Reactions.

tl;dr

EDIT: People who say things like "You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists." are missing the fact that black people have been held behind for a long time and continue to be behind in many social areas. Making everything equal now would just preserve that status quo. Also a separate black culture has developed so it makes sense that there are institutions targeting them, just like every other minority group. Also I think we see the caliber of people we are dealing with when they write a massive paragraph where each sentence is separated by a different number of periods.

if "minorities" want to be equal, they would drop all this crap. but they dont. they want special treatment.

his rant makes a good point, and its a point people have been making for a while now.

black people have been held behind for a long time and continue to be behind in many social areas

they do it to themselves. the number of black politicians/millionaires/doctors/etc are growing incredibly fast. however, there is still a large number of them who would rather not bother with trying to make a better life for themselves. they would rather have it given to them. whitey in america had to work for it, why cant they?
~gR~

if "minorities" want to be equal, they would drop all this crap. but they dont. they want special treatment.

his rant makes a good point, and its a point people have been making for a while now.

they do it to themselves. the number of black politicians/millionaires/doctors/etc are growing incredibly fast. however, there is still a large number of them who would rather not bother with trying to make a better life for themselves. they would rather have it given to them. whitey in america had to work for it, why cant they?
~gR~

I find this incredibly naive. Do you really think that the school systems in the poor, almost completely black urban areas offer the same opportunities as the ones in your average, mostly white suburbs? Not to mention the violent and oppressive realities of their everyday existence don't make for great learning environments. It's not a racial issue, it's a poverty issue, but the two happen to coincide and many white people are too narrow-minded to grasp that just because the people struggling are black, it's not actually due to their skin color causing them to be "genetically" inferior. As cookiecutter said, black people have evolved their own culture as a result of being in their particular situation. It is a definitely not the same as our "normal", white culture but people are quick to attack things that are different from their expectations.

I know this goes both ways and that many blacks harbor resentment towards white culture and stereotype whites but as much as that can be offensive to someone who doesn't feel like they've done anything wrong or deserving of resentment, the solution isn't to answer back with more hostility, but to try to understand what's really going on in the situation, even if the other person may not be able to look at it from outside of their own perspective.

If that made little sense, well, I just woke up so I apologize.

1) I find this incredibly naive. Do you really think that the school systems in the poor, almost completely black urban areas offer the same opportunities as the ones in your average, mostly white suburbs?

2) Not to mention the violent and oppressive realities of their everyday existence don't make for great learning environments.

1) there are poor white schools too. it definitely goes both ways

2) it's there own fault. its the culture they created for themselves. they can certainly change it, like many black people have.
~gR~

2) it's there own fault. its the culture they created for themselves. they can certainly change it, like many black people have.
~gR~

Lol, what? Are you retarded? The oppression of African-Americans and other minorities never had anything to do with them perse. It just so happened that Whites were always the dominant culture, destroying everything in their path, and conquering all as well. Soon enough, it became a norm that whites would always be on top, and when such beliefs are ingrained in our society, it's hard to reverse such a thing.
So how exactly could they change that? It's not up to them at all.

~gR~

its not that they couldnt be bothered to make a new life. Its rather that the image of a young black/mexican etc is very stereotypical. SO they feel that they have to stick to that, or that they have no other choice.

BTW GR your a fucking idiot, shut the fuck up. They didnt create that culture for themselves. wtf are you fucking talking about

Lol, what? Are you retarded? The oppression of African-Americans and other minorities never had anything to do with them perse. It just so happened that Whites were always the dominant culture, destroying everything in their path, and conquering all as well. Soon enough, it became a norm that whites would always be on top, and when such beliefs are ingrained in our society, it's hard to reverse such a thing.

its not that they couldnt be bothered to make a new life. Its rather that the image of a young black/mexican etc is very stereotypical. SO they feel that they have to stick to that, or that they have no other choice.

BTW GR your a fucking idiot, shut the fuck up. They didnt create that culture for themselves. wtf are you fucking talking about

youre both living in the past. the white man kept them down for a while, sure. but not anymore. why is it that some black and hispanic people have made a name for themselves while others havent? is it because theyve had different upbringings? not really. there is a black aristocracy now. they werent given shit, they had to fight for their place. other can do it as well.

whitey isnt holding them down anymore. time to grow up and get on with your life.

a perfect example can be found in asian populations. they came here and worked their ass off. and they were treated the same as former black slaves were. ridiculed and forced to work manual labor with minuscule pay and terrible conditions. you cant say they are suffering now. as a society and a culture, they are thriving.

the only exception are those that are brought over for the sex trade, which isnt their choice obviously
~gR~

I'm so sorry, I completely apologize for creating LITERALLY THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of youth EXACTLY LIKE THIS who are the LEADING INFLUENCE in black culture behind the only-recent phenomenon of Barack Obama (a VAST improvement):

It's all my fault, for being white.

In order to atone for my sin in this, I shall espouse the idiocy and moral void of this movement to the greatest of my ability, and thus humanity will move forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perdition's Light, your post was really good an highlighted a lot of of the important issues.

gr, just making people legally equal does not make them economically or socially equal. Right now it is illegal to pay women less than men, yet their is a proven pay gap. By your logic then, women are doing that to themselves. Are you prepared to argue that?

Also you really can't compare asian-americans to african-americans. There experiences were incredibly different.

EDIT: OCI, don't be dense

Dense?

How is the above example ^ productive in any way to blacks or to society in general?

How is keeping quiet about it solving the problem?

How is it my fault?

You realize that, although there are certainly many exceptions, THAT is what 'black culture' is in general today? And I didn't grow up in the suburbs. I'm not rich. I've been in trouble, been to alternative schools, been to jail. Been employed at just about any kind of job within my work's worth. THAT is the majority of the mindset and the behavior and it's a cancer and I'm wondering why people sit around and coo at it and baby it like a lost puppy instead of squashing it and moving on. I would say a lot more, but I'm pretty aware of your basic thoughts of myself and my ideas based on other posts you've made before. But this is ridiculous and I don't see how it can be argued. I am all for equality in every situation and I don't care what race it is pushing this kind of social disease, white people push their own brand too - I live in Florida and know a lot about that... it's nasty and I have no sympathy.

well, no. asian and african upbringings in america were surprisingly similar. sure slavery (which was a couple a couple generations ago) had an impact. but so did labor camps for the japanese. also consider the treatment of koreans and vietnamese during those wars. their torments were much more recent, yet the black community refuses to let go of their history. they dont want to move on, they want to milk it for whatever they can get.

economically they have had amazing opportunities to succeed, more than the average white american ever had, yet many have simply turned it down. some black people turned their lives around with incredible results.

when someone can explain how some black people have become millionaires and others havent (inside and outside the rap community) i might change my opinion. its not because they were born into money, thats for sure.

as for women's pay, one can make an argument for it (and im just playing devils advocate here). women accept lower pay because they CHOOSE to have a baby. employers cant fire them for it, so they pay them less to compensate for the loss of productivity during later pregnancy and maternity leave. but i really have no interest in arguing this. im just stating the opposition argument.
~gR~

Off topic, but on GR's point, that aggravates me.
I heard on the radio a while back some woman making an argument that she was just as suitable for a job as the man who got it, despite the fact she wanted to do it for three quarters, or even half of the hours, the man would because she wanted to spend time with her child.

2 words... Brain Washed.

I'm so sorry, I completely apologize for creating LITERALLY THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of youth EXACTLY LIKE THIS who are the LEADING INFLUENCE in black culture behind the only-recent phenomenon of Barack Obama (a VAST improvement):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB9nNwma2s4

It's all my fault, for being white.

In order to atone for my sin in this, I shall espouse the idiocy and moral void of this movement to the greatest of my ability, and thus humanity will move forward.

:lol: You can't understand a fucking thing that guy says (except "nigga").

I can foresee no solution or compromise that will put right the injustices done to the black race, much less elevate them to the same general social status enjoyed by (some) whites. Too few whites are unwilling to sacrifice their own earnings (understandably), and too many blacks seem unwilling to put forth an effort. I'm not meaning to imply that all blacks are this way; but it's true that many believe that the work towards their advancement should be done for them. This is simply not true. The reason the wealthy (or more appropriately, middle-class) don't want to cooperate is because they feel that they will be taken advantage of.

brainwashed is one word

:lol: oops

The fact is, minorities have MORE opportunities than whites yet they don't jump on it and excel. They just sit and claim that whitey is still holding them back. Racism is bullshit. Minorities are far more racist than whites.

edit: I got my wording wrong. what I was trying to say was there aren't nearly as many racist among the white community than there are in the black community. I mean fuck, in so many cities, (especially Baltimore) there are blacks that actually train there dogs to attack whites upon seeing them.