Racism?

There are mistakes in it so that's understandable.
In response to the question of whether arguing against affirmative action (or something) helps anyone:

It might help the individual doing it if they in a situation where more tax funded attempts at striving for equality, would hurt them financially, or if they are likely to be a victim of positive discrimination.

Still no.

Let me try to put that into people-speak.

Ignoring the problem might help the person ignoring it if they are in a situation where tax-funded equality initiatives such as Affirmative Action would not benefit them but might harm them, by using their tax dollars and encouraging colleges/companies to give admission/jobs that might have gone to them to a minority.

Make sense now?

If you weren't so incredibly ignorant you might know that Toronto is one of the most multicultural cities in the world. It is projected that in 2012 visible minorities will be a majority in Toronto. So please don't go around saying that I only live with white people.

Of course Toronto doesn't have a low minority percentage, it's an urban area. Every urban area has a higher minority percentage. If you weren't looking for a reason to call me ignorant, you would've seen that I was speaking of all of Canada, not one city.

EDIT: And even if we're talking about black people only (which seems silly), black people are 8.4% of Toronto and 2.5% of Canada so I don't know why you made up 1%.

It's not treating minorities like a different species, it's recognizing the general trend affecting a group of people. If I said Baltimoreans (sp?) were more prone to crime than Torontonians I would be right, but that doesn't mean I think of Baltimoreans as lesser people. It means I am recognizing a problem. Recognizing that minorities are generally more affected by poverty and institutional racism is a important in actually taking steps to solve the problem. Closing your eyes to it and saying that everyone is equally able to succeed in out society does not help anyone.

I didn't say one percent, I said a "low percentage" and last I checked, 2.5% is low.

I'm well aware of and have considered everything that you're saying but I think that they're not putting enough effort into fixing their own problems. This is the United States, not a third world country meaning that sure, not everyone is equally able to succeed out in society but everyone is equally able to not live in poverty. Except for about 1% that is. Think of how many people there are out there that instead of trying to better their lives, choose to act as a tick and live off of our tax dollars. And no, that statement wasn't pointed at minorities, my mom used to be one of those people for about 11 years, including the first 9 years of my life.

Of course Toronto doesn't have a low minority percentage, it's an urban area. Every urban area has a higher minority percentage. If you weren't looking for a reason to call me ignorant, you would've seen that I was speaking of all of Canada, not one city.

Even with that in mind, it's not only Toronto. Almost all major cities in Canada are largely diverse.

Especially Vancouver, BC, where I think in 2000-2001, 60% of the population was visible minorities.

Also, take into consideration that figures like that mean something different in Canada than in the States. Pretty much all immigrants either move to Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver, so our minority population in intensely concentrated in a few places.

Even with that in mind, it's not only Toronto. Almost all major cities in Canada are largely diverse.

Especially Vancouver, BC, where I think in 2000-2001, 60% of the population was visible minorities.

Also, take into consideration that figures like that mean something different in Canada than in the States. Pretty much all immigrants either move to Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver, so our minority population in intensely concentrated in a few places.

I didn't mean in my post that Toronto was the only place in Canada that had minorities. In my post, I said, "Every urban area has a high minority percentage." Pretty much every city in the US has a minority percentage over 50%

^Good point

Also he only brought up Canada's small percentage of minorities in order to try to make our comments less credible. Of course because of what you mentioned that is ridiculous.

And you're only saying this because you can't come up with a real response to my statement so instead of just not posting a response, you stoop to a basic internet tough guy technique.

I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU WOULD, NIGGERLOVER.

viewer's logic is flawed because he's making shit up instead of thinking critically. Tends to put holes in your argument.