Rap

Lol. Last night my roommate and I were having an argument about who is more talented: Nelly or the bands I listen to. My roommate was trying to tell me Nelly is much better, but then again, he is a typical hip hop fan who is completely clueless about music, and I have been studying music for 16 years, and still play both guitar and bass. It's amazing how stupid some people are when it comes to music.

Life Sucks said:
Lol. Last night my roommate and I were having an argument about who is more talented: Nelly or the bands I listen to. My roommate was trying to tell me Nelly is much better, but then again, he is a typical hip hop fan who is completely clueless about music, and I have been studying music for 16 years, and still play both guitar and bass. It's amazing how stupid some people are when it comes to music.
It's amazing how stupid some people are when they don't know music is a matter of taste, so I don't see why he should be clueless, just because he listens to Nelly?!?!?!

I want to become a rapper just so I can make rap dissing trendy rappers like Eminem and all of them. Sounds like a good idea eh?

Board said:
It's amazing how stupid some people are when they don't know music is a matter of taste, so I don't see why he should be clueless, just because he listens to Nelly?!?!?!
He's not clueless for liking Nelly. He's clueless about music for thinking that Nelly has more musical talent/skill than bands that play complex metal.

50 cent. DOES NO ONE FUCKING REALIZE THAT THERE IS A GOD DAMNED GRAMATICAL ERROR IN THIS STUPID my pals ALIAS!??!?!?!?!?!? AND THEY FUCKING PRONOUNCE 50, 'FIDDY' . JESUS CHRIST, THEY COMPLAIN WHEN WE ALL MAKE FUN OF THEM FOR BEIGN SOOO STUPID, BUT LOOK AT THEM AND HOW THEY ARE SOO BAD AT SPEECH!!!!

ZyklonWorm said:
50 cent. DOES NO ONE FUCKING REALIZE THAT THERE IS A GOD DAMNED GRAMATICAL ERROR IN THIS STUPID my pals ALIAS!??!?!?!?!?!? AND THEY FUCKING PRONOUNCE 50, 'FIDDY' . JESUS CHRIST, THEY COMPLAIN WHEN WE ALL MAKE FUN OF THEM FOR BEIGN SOOO STUPID, BUT LOOK AT THEM AND HOW THEY ARE SOO BAD AT SPEECH!!!!
LMAO!!! I'm not racist, but I think that rappers are for the most part idiotic thugs with overinflated egos and too much money.

ZyklonWorm said:

AHAHA! I completely agree with you! What is wrong with people these days? Rap is not music, and listening to it is not enjoyable! Christ, every fucking week some new rapper comes and makes millions off stupid ass people that actually promote their shit. You know why so many rappers come out every fucking week? Because rapping is sooo easy! These no talent shit heads are ruining America. "Look at me, I grew up in the "ghetto", I had it tough" this type of talk is making the blacks that grow up in the ghetto today, violent. Thats why there is so many shootings in the hood, these fucking apes wanna be like their goddamn rapper idols and bust a cap in someones ass! Pure insanity, rap deserves to die, MTV deserves to die for supporting it, and the people that actually like this shit need to die as well.
Fuck you rappers, die in a fucking car accident with your fucking chrome weels and loud ass bass stereos you stupid fucking bastards!

All of you, get the first Gravediggaz. It's intelligent, funny, catchy as hell and the haunted house melodies/down beats are incredible. It influenced the first Portishead, which in turn influenced some My Dying Bride, so there ya go. And Too Poetic (RIP) is the greatest lyricist in hip-hop to have lived.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
All of you, get the first Gravediggaz. It's intelligent, funny, catchy as hell and the haunted house melodies/down beats are incredible. It influenced the first Portishead, which in turn influenced some My Dying Bride, so there ya go. And Too Poetic (RIP) is the greatest lyricist in hip-hop to have lived.

If Your into rap cool all power to ya but me I will never own a rap album
It is totally not for me Call me close minded But I just dont like it

Deathray Davie said:
AHAHA! I completely agree with you! What is wrong with people these days? Rap is not music, and listening to it is not enjoyable! Christ, every fucking week some new rapper comes and makes millions off stupid ass people that actually promote their shit. You know why so many rappers come out every fucking week? Because rapping is sooo easy! These no talent shit heads are ruining America. "Look at me, I grew up in the "ghetto", I had it tough" this type of talk is making the blacks that grow up in the ghetto today, violent. Thats why there is so many shootings in the hood, these fucking apes wanna be like their goddamn rapper idols and bust a cap in someones ass! Pure insanity, rap deserves to die, MTV deserves to die for supporting it, and the people that actually like this shit need to die as well.
Fuck you rappers, die in a fucking car accident with your fucking chrome weels and loud ass bass stereos you stupid fucking bastards!

LOL WOW couldnt have said that better

To all of you morons slagging on rap when you've only heard mainstream rap: suck a fucking dick you goddamn hypocritical sheep.

If you base your opinion on metal from what you've heard of the mainstream, you would think that it was all whiney teenage angst bullshit over generic power chords with pathetic vocalists. That's as far from the truth as your pathetic, malformed, ignorant views on rap. Grow a brain.

Weapon X said:
Rap is like metal it is of personal taste, some just don't get it. That's fine not everyone should.

Don't get too angry about it, it's only music after all.:wave:
I guess I'm one of those people that doesn't get rap, especially when the lyrics are about being a "playa" and fucking hot chicks.

Life Sucks said:
I guess I'm one of those people that doesn't get rap, especially when the lyrics are about being a "playa" and fucking hot chicks.

I think that quite a bit of metal has hilariously lame fantasy lyrics which are just as bad as any mainstream rap. The next time a band sings about the hobbit or knights battling dragons or other knights, I will puke myself laughing.

Weapon X said:
Rap is like metal it is of personal taste, some just don't get it. That's fine not everyone should.

Don't get too angry about it, it's only music after all.:wave:

Many metalheads believe that people have misconceptions about metal and they don't agree with this, but then they turn around and form misconceptions about other genres of music. It's hypocrisy, it's weak, and it's fucking stupid.

LuminousAether said:
I think that quite a bit of metal has hilariously lame fantasy lyrics which are just as bad as any mainstream rap. The next time a band sings about the hobbit or knights battling dragons or other knights, I will puke myself laughing.
You have a point. But I would rather hear fatansy lyrics by some stupid power metal band than hear some piece of shit thug rap about how much pussy he gets. Nothing irritates me more than lyrics where they brag about how many chicks they get and how hot they are, arrgh!

LuminousAether said:
Yeah, those lyrics are irritating, but when I think of lyrics about hotness and getting chicks, I think more of 80s hard rock / hair metal. Most mainstream rap seems to be about drugs, violence, and machismo to me.
Really? "It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes," or that other song by that faggot Nelly with the female vocals where she says she loves Nelly - those songs irritate me so much I want to punch a hole in the wall. "In The Club" and several other songs by 50 Cent piss me off too. As does that song (I don't know who raps it) that goes "...your girl was looking at me." And yeah, similar lyrics by shit bands such as Warrant, Guns N Roses, and Poison irritate almost just as much.

Yeah, Nelly definitely fits your statement. Most of the 50 Cent I've heard is like "if you call me a pussy, i'll break yo face" or "i've taken some mothafuckin bullets bitch... i can kick yo ass" or something equally lame. But mainly, I was thinking of DMX and that ilk. "Oh Jesus... I'm a sinner... but I like to fight bitches... yo"