O/T Rev Run and old school hip hop

jackson3124

Aug 29, 2005
www.darkmirroronline.com
Iwas just wondering if anyone here enjoys any hip hop/rap? I have to be in the mood, and I hate any of the new rap artists like 50 cent, but I love the old school rap shit. Public Enemy of course and Run DMC are my faves. Run DMC is probably my favorite, but of course Bring the Noise with anthrax is my favorite rap song. Run DMC is my fave oldschool rap act they loved rock music as well and always used electric guitars and popular rock song beds in their songs.

I got the new Rev Run cd for my birthday.(Run of Run DMC) I am really enjoying it actually. It is fun, sometimes stupid, old school rap. Check out the myspace, has all the songs! http://www.myspace.com/revrun

Boom Ditty, Breaktime, and Distortion are my faves on the cd. The Way is cool too it samples God of Thunder by Kiss.

I also enjoy NWA a lot. Busta Rhymes old stuff is cool too.

I like some old school hip hop like NWA, Public Enemy, Wu Tang Clan, etc. My favourite music is Thrash and Death metal though.

Yeah man, I really Love the old Skool shit RUN DMC was pretty sweet, I am one of the rare ones that liked "Tougher than Leather" best. PE, and Slick Rick were cool to. But most of all... The Beastie Boys!!!!! If been following them steadily since Licence to Ill in '86. I finally got to see them live last year.... fuckin sweet. Rap and Hip Hop blows today... but Kanye is actually not bad.

Run DMC used to be my favorite band. They got me into METAL if that makes sense... They had cool guitar leads and riffs in their music. Then they did Walk This Way.
I used to be a huge Beastie Boys fan before they started sounding like a bunch of tree-huggin-hippie-pussy-bleeding-heart-Bush-bashers. (I can't stand the new Beastie Boys. Glad I didn't pay for that shit)

But I don't care for much hip hop but I'll check that link (thanks).

"If it's gonna be one of those kinds of parties, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes."
(NP- B-Boys Makin' With The Freak Freak)

Yeah Tougher Than Leather was always badass in my opinion as well, but Raising Hell had so many classics that is probably my favorite. I actually thought about buying the new public enemy, i wonder if its any good?

Straight Outta Compton kicks ass. Really. Old Ice-T. Public Enemy. MC Solaar....

Drokk said:
Straight Outta Compton kicks ass. Really. Old Ice-T. Public Enemy. MC Solaar....
Oh yeah, Ice T was cool to. THE ORIGINAL GANGSTA RAPPER. It used to be cool to, untill it was exploited and destroyed, like everything eles. It was quite a shock to Rap fans the way he later embraced Metal. It's what shut down his Rap career. But he must have known that would happen, so I think Bodycount was a pretty Bold move.

DumbAss said:
Oh yeah, Ice T was cool to. THE ORIGINAL GANGSTA RAPPER. It used to be cool to, untill it was exploited and destroyed, like everything eles. It was quite a shock to Rap fans the way he later embraced Metal. It's what shut down his Rap career. But he must have known that would happen, so I think Bodycount was a pretty Bold move.
I agree. Original Gangster, New Jack Hustler. The first Body Count was a good record! Cop Killer was a pretty fucking catchy tune!

Me not a big rap fan there are a few I like.. Personally I like to make a human beat box noise while I'm doing the four knuckle shuffle with a piss pump. If you milk it right it sounds just like a record scratch and the end result is much more satisfying. Word up.

yes yes yes! i dig alot of old school rap.growing up in ny it seems the thrash and hardcore scene always was into rap.slick rick,p.e.,erik b. and rakim,ice-t,nwa,ghetto boys,gangstarr,run d.m.c.,e.p.m.d.,boogie down productions,stetsasonic.long list of oldschool groups.i'm also not into any of the newer stuff.metal is my fave but oldschool rap is great!