sweatbands

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Never really used them, but realizing that I should. As a guitarist, I am ruining strings basically every show as well as my guitars hardware getting tarnished and rusty.

Looking into wrist bands.

Anyone have any recommended sites? eBay is proving to be not so good in this area.

I'm looking for maybe a dozen black, standard size. One site I found charged like $9 per dozen, but shipping alone was $15. That seems ridiculous for the weight.

I have an old ass one that came with the trivium-the crusade album. Still use it at almost every gig.
Not so much during rehearsals, as we have aircondition.

What's the use for a sweatband when playing guitar? Never really thought much about it.

What's the use for a sweatband when playing guitar? Never really thought much about it.

To stop sweat from running down your arm and onto your guitar?

Or you can get the longer ones which cover more of your forearm, which I'd imagine would be nice since that would rest against the body of the guitar instead of your sticky skin.

Maybe I should have added "wrist band" to the thread title to avoid confusion of head bands.

Yes but make sure its not too tight so it doesnt obstruct ur movement or make u do too much effort, to avoid injury

(i sounded like a mom. i know :p )

Or you can get the longer ones which cover more of your forearm, which I'd imagine would be nice since that would rest against the body of the guitar instead of your sticky skin.

Maybe I should have added "wrist band" to the thread title to avoid confusion of head bands.

I see. I thought it might also be used to avoid injuries.

I'm looking for maybe a dozen black, standard size. One site I found charged like $9 per dozen, but shipping alone was $15. That seems ridiculous for the weight.

It's probably the package size - but yes $15 seems a bit much as the even the medium flat rate box from the USPS would be less than that and you would think they could fit it in the smaller one.

Amazon has a 12 pack for $11.50 with $9.19 shipping so it sort seems like the going rate works out to be just a little over $20 either way.

Do you have any local sporting goods stores like a Sport's Authority or Dick's? Probably get them local and avoid the shipping if thats the case.

Yeah I'm gonna try KMart actually on the way to practice next time but a ride to Dicks and back would most likely cost more than shipping because of the gas!! :lol:

They're also great in cold climates like the UK in winter (and autumn, and spring, and some of summer :lol:).

If you keep your wrists warm it helps to keep your hands warm. I got my sweatbands from a sports store that sold tennis gear, but buying in bulk online would probably be cheaper.

Watch out... you might look like Jeff Hardy in one of those.

Caught Dave Mustaine's at a Megadeth concert once. Using this one since then, also serves me as a talisman :)

I'm not sure it's going to work for what you want it to, but you can get a variety of different colors to match your guitar over at Suddora. Usually wear a cotton wristband more as a fashion statement while i'm shredding my strat!

I think they look cheesy as hell, but they're definitely practical!

I don't sweat that much to a point where it ruins my bass, though haha

Yeah, pretty much every single show we play, I'm sweating like a goddamn rapist. If I don't wipe my guitar down right after our set before I put it away, I open it up a day or 2 later with dry white salt/sweat all over the body. I can only imagine what happens to my strings......and, considering I change strings before every show, I don't want to waste $.

That should fit comfortably under this.

41WmDFFEhUL._SX300_.jpg