Horrible eBay Experience...

Put the channel switch on the amp on Ultra before testing the footswitch. That is the only way mine seems to work. You might already know this, if so never mind.

Put the channel switch on the amp on Ultra before testing the footswitch. That is the only way mine seems to work. You might already know this, if so never mind.

Thanks, already knew that though. 2/3 of the buttons on the footswitch work, it's the clean channel button that's broken. The whole rig looks like it's seen some serious beach party action. :lol:

you should tell us his username so we neg feedback him MWAHAHAH :D

Haha, can't leave negative feedback without a transaction. I'm not going to do anything until I get the money back. I've been doing some research on the seller and I have come to the conclusion that he is who he says he is, is inexperienced in selling this kind of item, is around sand so much of the time that he doesn't even notice it, and that this was an honest mistake.

He will get negative feedback from me regardless, and hopefully he will learn from it.

Haha, can't leave negative feedback without a transaction. I'm not going to do anything until I get the money back. I've been doing some research on the seller and I have come to the conclusion that he is who he says he is, is inexperienced in selling this kind of item, is around sand so much of the time that he doesn't even notice it, and that this was an honest mistake.

He will get negative feedback from me regardless, and hopefully he will learn from it.

Well that doesn't seem quite right - if you acknowledge it was an honest mistake and he's working to rectify it, I'd say he's at least earned a neutral

Update: he's being a dick. In my last email, I told him he needs to cover the cost of return shipping, and he refuses, and now he's saying "I guess I will wait and see what kind of feedback I get before I decide on shipping back to me."

Although his grammar is questionable, this is an obvious threat to try to get me to leave positive feedback.

eBay resolution center here I come...

Were the pictures in the initial ad of the amp in question, or were they pro shots from an online store/catalog?

If the pictures aren't of the actual item, that's warning sign #1 right there.

It's real easy to tell. Most shots of the actual item are done with a flash & are usually using lousy photography techniques. Pro shots are done with strobes & usually use an infinite background.

Next time, demand to see pictures of the actual unit.

Please keep us posted, this is very interesting. I hope this resolves itself favourably for you.

-0z-

What a douchebag!

Trying to make you cover shipping costs for something that was in extremely poor condition, and then trying to make you leave positive feedback to get his own way.

I hope it works out well for you man. :)

UPDATE: Because the seller is being such an ass-hat, eBay is covering the cost of return shipping and just sent me a prepaid shipping label to print out. I'll be shipping the amp out Monday and then it's up to the seller to refund me through PayPal. Assuming the seller will own up to his responsibility and issue me the refund, everything will be fine. Meanwhile, my friend's putting through his order for the 3120 head with the local shop.

If the seller decides to be a jerk and not post my refund, I have eBay and the law on my side, and I'm armed with a fair amount of contact information for the guy should the police need to get involved (not likely, but you never know.)