LORD BELIAL (S)
TIGERTAILZ(UK)
NASTY IDOLS(S)
FIREWIND (GR/S)
JADED HEART (D)
RAISE HELL (S)
HOUSE OF SHAKIRA(S)
THE STORYTELLER (S)

Vanden Plas was also just added. Anyone thinking of going or ever been in the past? My husband and I are looking into summer festivals and are giving this and Tuska serious consideration. This is a good one for a "mixed" couple; hard rock guy and metal chick. Something for everyone! :headbang:

WHITESNAKE (UK) ***********
JOURNEY (US) *********
VENOM (UK) **********************
CELTIC FROST (CH) *********
W.A.S.P. (US)
GAMMA RAY (D) *********
DRAGONFORCE(UK)
GEORGE THOROGOOD & The Destroyers (US)
ANVIL(CAN)
CATHEDRAL (UK)
MOLLY HATCHET (US)
DORO (D)
NEVERMORE (US) ******
METAL CHURCH (US)
EVERGREY (S) ********
ONSLAUGHT(UK) ************************
BLITZKRIEG(UK)
TIGERTAILZ(UK)
FIREWIND (GR/S)

Now that is a lineup!!!!!! especially Venom and Onslaught

Sweden Rock is arguably my favorite European festival. I've been fortunate enough to fly from Chicago over to a number of European festivals (Dynamo, Wacken, Gods of Metal, Bang Your Head!, Graspop, Waldrock, etc) and Sweden Rock has something for everyone. Sweden is a beautiful country, the people are very friendly, and the weather is fantastic in June. 4 stages, 3 days, 50+ bands...what more do you want?!?

When my wife and I went in 2003, we stayed at a place called Hallevik Havsbad, which is right on the water. It's a resort (but not that expensive), and it opens a week early to accomodate Sweden Rock fans! It may already be booked solid (many people book the day after the festival for the following year), but it's worth a try. You can meet cool people from all over, the breakfast buffet is excellent, lay out on the beach in the morning, and then check out 12+ hours of killer music each day. The only drawback is that it's about 30 min from the festival site. There is a shuttle bus, but as we found out, sometimes it comes...and sometimes it doesn't!

In 2005, I camped out with some German friends which was a blast. While you don't have a warm bed, camping is always fun at a festival and you're a five minute walk to the stages. We were hanging out with some Swedish guys at their campsite and they recommended that I check out Freak Kitchen with them - man, I'm glad I did. Now I'm a huge fan! One of the great things about Euro fests is that, in addition to hanging out with people and learning about their history, culture, etc. is getting turned onto some cool music too.

So, as you can tell, I give Sweden Rock a big thumbs up. I'm already pumped to meet my German friends in June for the Rock Hard Festival (Dio, Fates Warning, Brainstorm - yeah!) and then we'll hop in a van and drive to Sweden Rock the following weekend. If you need any more info on Sweden Rock, e-mail me. I'll be glad to help you.

Pat

Abba said:
Sweden Rock is arguably my favorite European festival. I've been fortunate enough to fly from Chicago over to a number of European festivals (Dynamo, Wacken, Gods of Metal, Bang Your Head!, Graspop, Waldrock, etc) and Sweden Rock has something for everyone. Sweden is a beautiful country, the people are very friendly, and the weather is fantastic in June. 4 stages, 3 days, 50+ bands...what more do you want?!?

When my wife and I went in 2003, we stayed at a place called Hallevik Havsbad, which is right on the water. It's a resort (but not that expensive), and it opens a week early to accomodate Sweden Rock fans! It may already be booked solid (many people book the day after the festival for the following year), but it's worth a try. You can meet cool people from all over, the breakfast buffet is excellent, lay out on the beach in the morning, and then check out 12+ hours of killer music each day. The only drawback is that it's about 30 min from the festival site. There is a shuttle bus, but as we found out, sometimes it comes...and sometimes it doesn't!

In 2005, I camped out with some German friends which was a blast. While you don't have a warm bed, camping is always fun at a festival and you're a five minute walk to the stages. We were hanging out with some Swedish guys at their campsite and they recommended that I check out Freak Kitchen with them - man, I'm glad I did. Now I'm a huge fan! One of the great things about Euro fests is that, in addition to hanging out with people and learning about their history, culture, etc. is getting turned onto some cool music too.

So, as you can tell, I give Sweden Rock a big thumbs up. I'm already pumped to meet my German friends in June for the Rock Hard Festival (Dio, Fates Warning, Brainstorm - yeah!) and then we'll hop in a van and drive to Sweden Rock the following weekend. If you need any more info on Sweden Rock, e-mail me. I'll be glad to help you.

Pat
Thank you! I guarentee I will do that. One question now, where did you fly into? Stokholm? If so, how far was the train ride? I'm going to look into the Hallevik Havsbad, but like you said it may be booked and I'm a little concerned about being that far away w/o reliable transportation. Thinking of renting a car. Do you know any other places to stay closer to fest? Camping is probably not going to work for us. Thanks again!

I would recommend flying into Copenhagen, Denmark - it's actually closer than Stockholm to the fest. I'm trying to remember the train ride; I believe that it's between 1-2 hrs. Copenhagen is a very cool city - try to spend a couple of days there if at all possible.

As for other places to stay, contact Kerstin at the Sweden Rock office. Her e-mail is Kerstin@swedenrock.com - she has been very helpful to me in the past. She is also the one to write to reserve festival tickets (if you're going, order them soon as it will most likely sell out again).

Pat

Wow, they just keep piling it on. Here are the latests editions to the line-up:
Symphony X
Edguy
Arch Enemy
Queensryche
Obituary
Victory

I am definitely there.

@Abba, E-mailed Kerstin last week, but haven't heard back. Isn't there any other way to get tix? Is it still early? How soon does this sell out? Thanks!

Kerstin may be on vacation or something, as I e-mailed here and haven't heard back either. I would recommend going to the contacts page of the Sweden Rock website and e-mail all of the office staff. You should definitely get a response then. I want to say that it sold out in early April last year, so get those tix as soon as you can.

Let me know when you get them. Perhaps we can meet up with you two for a beer at the festival!

Pat

You want to see a rificulous lineup this year, look what they've done to Gods of Metal (Milan, Italy)

Thursday, June 1:

VENOM
DIMMU BORGIR
OPETH
DOWN
TESTAMENT
NEVERMORE
SATYRICON
TBA
TBA
TBA

Friday, June 2: