HOUSE OF SHAKIRA (S)
NEIL TURBINS DEATHRIDERS (US)
NASTY IDOLS (S)
ASIA (UK)
VANDEN PLAS (D)
THE QUILL (S)

For More Info Go To
www.swedenrock.com

Wow that line-up is almost too delicious for words. Some absolutely mindblowing bands appearing at that festival. These would be the ones I'd almost sell my soul to see, although the ones I've listed, I've seen a few of them already:-

Queensryche
Deep Purple
Whitesnake
Venom
Journey
Celtic Frost
Doro
SAHB
The Sweet
KROKUS:headbang: :headbang: (Yip diehard Krokus fan I be)
Anvil
Jaded Heart (actually just listening to their most awesome song called Anymore right now - totally exquisite!!!)

And although I'm not really huge Leppard fan, I'd still quite like to see them again but they never ever play Wasted which is my alltime fav Leppard song.

Oh yeah and I'd quite like to see that other wee band called Blitzkreig, they're not bad as well :D

I'll need to check my finances, would love to go to this. Hmmm maybe I could just take out a second mortgage, that would be cool.

Boy,you people overseas sure got it good.That is an unbelievable lineup of great bands.Whitesnake,Def Leppard,Deep Purple,Krokus,Alice Cooper worth the price alone.Is The Sweet the same band from the mid seventies?They did some of the best albums ever.Ugliest band on the planet but they rocked.All we ever get over here is the fucking Dave Mathews Band.If I dont see some decent bands this summer I am gonna be sick.Steve

12 bands from the uk on the bill at the swedish rock festival and 3 of them headlining..... how many british bands on the bill at our rock festival (donington) and how many headlining ????? DOWNLOAD FUCKING WAKE UP

Yes I agree, it would be totally fantastic if that was the sort of line-up at this year's MOR or Download and with a big load of those bands being from the UK, it should really happen but MOR and Download just look pretty boring compared to a lot of the other festivals and I'm n ot going to MOR and no way Download. Plus the fact last year it cost £22 for 3 beers and a Fanta at Sweden Rock. Let me just say that again, FOR 3 BEERS AND A FANTA IT COST £22!!!!!!!!!

But I'd easily pay £115 just to see Krokus alone cos I am pure chomping at the bit to see them again. I thought they would have played here last year but I've got a really good feeling they will play maybe later on in the year. I've not seen them for ages but the first time I saw them, I'm no kidding they practically blew me into the middle of next week they were that sensational.

It was a long time ago but I still remember it as if it was only a couple of years ago, obviously was too young to drink cos I remember it so clearly!!!! I hadn't seen that many bands before I saw Krokus but they were just in a completely different league altogether from most of the other bands I'd seen at that time. We had 4th row tickets in the stalls,so was really close to the stage. Stage was in total darkness, then tons of smoke slowly drifted across the stage, then a few stage lights came on and it was like a castle backdrop and then all the lights came on and the guitarist was standing on top of this drawbridge type thing which gently lowered down and then he ripped right into the opening song which I think was Heatstrokes just as these two massive flames exploded either side of the stage. I can remember just standing there totally speechless and thinking to myself hell yes. HEEEEELLLLLL YES THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. I AM INTO THIS BIGTIME!!!

Haha got a bit sidetracked there talking about Krokus and I totally forgot to mention The Sweet.

Yeah I'm sure its the Sweet from the mid 70s indeed. Well in saying that it's them, I'm pretty sure there is only one original member left in the band. I never did have any of their albums but I liked a lot of their songs, nothing wrong with a bit of glamrock now and again, and I still hear quite a few of their songs cos planetrock radio plays them now and again. And even with just the one member in the band, I reckon they would be worth seeing, yeah I liked The Sweet.

I always remember watching some programme a year or two ago. Can't remember what it was but it must have been something Top Ten Best Glam Bands or something like that. And that Brian Connelly was getting interviewed, this was just about 6 months before he died, and I'm no kidding, I didn't even recognise him. Bloody hell he was a complete mess, he was in a wheelchair and he couldn't even speak right, you could hardly make out what he was saying, and his hands were shaking so badly it was frightening!!!. Years of alcohol abuse, and maybe drugs I canny remember if drugs were mentioned, but he was a jakey alright and I think he'd had a stroke as well , he was a total wreck. It was quite tragic to watch.

Yeah I'm going to this sketch. the line-up isn't quite what its been over the last couple of years, and I'm a bit disappointed with the headliners (except Purple, of course) but it should still be great.

Also, it is indeed the Sweet that did "Set Me Free" that will be playing (or at least some version of them).

I saw Krokus a couple of months ago and they were great.Just Marc Storace from the original lineup but they still rocked.Desolation Boulevard from Sweet is an album everybody should own.If Whitesnake plays anywhere near what their new DVD looks and sounds like it will be great.Funny but I have seen every band headlining the Swedish festival over the last year.They were all kick ass.Steve

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
I've not seen them for ages but the first time I saw them, I'm no kidding they practically blew me into the middle of next week they were that sensational.

It was a long time ago but I still remember it as if it was only a couple of years ago, obviously was too young to drink cos I remember it so clearly!!!! I hadn't seen that many bands before I saw Krokus but they were just in a completely different league altogether from most of the other bands I'd seen at that time. We had 4th row tickets in the stalls,so was really close to the stage. Stage was in total darkness, then tons of smoke slowly drifted across the stage, then a few stage lights came on and it was like a castle backdrop and then all the lights came on and the guitarist was standing on top of this drawbridge type thing which gently lowered down and then he ripped right into the opening song which I think was Heatstrokes just as these two massive flames exploded either side of the stage. I can remember just standing there totally speechless and thinking to myself hell yes. HEEEEELLLLLL YES THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. I AM INTO THIS BIGTIME!!!

Did you see them when they did a double bill with Ted Nugent Princess ?

Fingers said:
Did you see them when they did a double bill with Ted Nugent Princess ?

That's funny you should ask that Fingers cos as soon as I woke up this morning my very first thought was "I wonder who it was the supported Krokus when I saw them at the Apollo". And for the life of me, I just can't remember who it was, I don't think it was Nugent cos I'm pretty sure I would have remembered if it was - if it was somebody quite crappy we wouldn't have bothered checking out the support but it's been bugging me for a few hours, so I'm going to text my pal and ask if she remembers cos her memory is much better than mine. Probably won't find out till lunchtime but I'll let you know who it was.

I saw them at Reading Festival as well and they were totally mindblowing and I know I've told this wee story on here before but anytime anyone mentions Krokus, my first thought is always I get a wee flashback to the wee guy who was just standing a few feet down from us and he got over the barrier, walks right on the stage and Krokus weren't bothered at all, they just kept on playing, next minute he climbs onto the roof of the stage, headbangin away as if his life depended on it, next minute he starts stripping off and before I knew what was going on, he had his whole kit off within a few minutes and I got the biggest shock to my system ever and very nearly passed out, that being the very first time I'd seen a male naked. IT WAS HORRIFIC:lol: :lol: .

WILKS said:
There is a NWOBHM alldayer on somewhere im sure.I think its called British Steel.

Yeah that would be the NWOBHM alldayer that's been going on in my head every single day of my life for about the past twenty years:lol: !!!!!!!

I've got a comp CD called British Steel - and believe it or not, it's one of my fav CD, 3 or 4 songs from each of Girlschool, Angel Witch, Tank and Samson - WOOHOOOOOOO its mindblowing. Need to give that one a wee blast tonight, not heard it for a few weeks, and without a doubt my fav song on that CD isn't a Girlschool or Angel Witch track, its the last track on it, Samson's Riding With The Angels - which is totally sensational.

Fingers said:
First time my @rse !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm telling the truth Fingers, I think I was only about 12 at the time, so seeing guys in the scuddy was a whole new experience for me haha!!!!

Well come to think of it, that wasn't exactly the first time I'd seen a naked male, sure I was at your party the week before and quite unexpectedly when I was in the middle of talking to you about Diamond Head you thought you would impress me by whipping out your d*ck (hahahahaha), but that time doesn't really count because I've seen bigger minnows in that pond at the bottom of my garden:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Oh dear I am soooooooooo dead!!!!!!!)

WILKS said:
There is a NWOBHM alldayer on somewhere im sure.I think its called British Steel.

Wow I thought you were winding me up there Wilks about the NWOBHM alldayer but it's true right enough and I only found out about it like 10 minutes ago. And it's weird cos I was only listening to Demon's Night of the Demon last week and I hadn't heard it for years. Yeah I like Demon and that Cloven Hoof - and Elixir as well they were not bad, looks quite interesting, I'll see if any of my pals fancy taking a wee trip down but I know they won't cos they are such boring runts these days, only £10 that's pretty good but they could have picked 5 far superior NWOBHM bands than those ones.

bs_poster.GIF

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Wow I thought you were winding me up there Wilks about the NWOBHM alldayer but it's true right enough and I only found out about it like 10 minutes ago. And it's weird cos I was only listening to Demon's Night of the Demon last week and I hadn't heard it for years. Yeah I like Demon and that Cloven Hoof - and Elixir as well they were not bad, looks quite interesting, I'll see if any of my pals fancy taking a wee trip down but I know they won't cos they are such boring runts these days, only £10 that's pretty good but they could have picked 5 far superior NWOBHM bands than those ones.

bs_poster.GIF

Well that answered my post on the other thread!