Swedish Metal Genealogy

Arch

‫‬**‪‫‬**҉‫‬**‪‫‬**҉ ‫‬*
Oct 9, 2001
// -->
It's interesting that member(s) of one band is related to another band, like Dark Tranquillity and In Flames.
Are there any links that show or charts that shows one Swedish metal band relating to another Swedish metal band to another?

Arch.

oh gods theres loads and loads of ex-band members being in other bands and those guys being in other bands, all of which im too tired to explain.......:cry:

you'd have make an extra sheet just for peter tätgren or what's his name. and all those scandinavian black metal bands...

Phyre: sorry this is off topic but i coulnd't help but notice the quote at the bottom of your posts:lol: :lol: :tickled: that is one of the funniest things I have ever read, thanks for sharing.:)

I wouldn't mind cooperating with you guys on making a relational database of Swedish Metal bands. It'll either be in Microsoft Access or plain old ASCII chart.

Originally posted by At The Gates

Was Mike ever in Dismember? I don't think so.

Well...I recall reading somewhere that he was with them just after Carnage broke up, when they released a demo, prior to the recording of Like an Everflowing Stream, but again I'm not very sure of it, very obscure piece of info. :confused:

Originally posted by phyre
About Dismember... Possibly. The unofficial (but good) Dismember site said nothing about it though... Maybe he was just a session member on the "Reborn In Blasphemy" demo (which I have as MP3's... ha ha)

Hey Phyre, I wonder if those Dismember mp3 can be found in audiogalaxy, or maybe you uploaded them somewhere???

well about the "endlessly" thread of IF/DT I guess there's a fact that somehow bound the guys to play together, which is neighborhood! Niklas, Friden and Jivarp lived in the same street in Billdal (Valebergsvagen). Niklas lived two doors away from Friden so guess if they were bound to play together!!!!!
Martin was the only one who didn't live in Billdal (he lived in Kallered)

fathervic (doing Dr.Villain's job in his absence)

Alrighty...

I've made this in 1.5 hours.
It is NO WAY complete AND accurate.

Since I can only upload 25000 bytes of a file, I will link my Swedish Metal Genealogy chart.

Comments and suggestions are welcome... just post it in this thread. I will always make changes to it.

http://members.loop.com/~archielai/RelativityofSwedishMetal.gif

Here are my "liberal rules" in regarding the chart ...
If a band member is performing with another band, he/she will be placed with that band, for example, Martin Brändström (of Dark Tranquillity) is performing with Tiamat in their recent tour. He is also placed with Tiamat. Or Chris Amott's (of Arch Enemy) "Surburban Me" solo is recorded with In Flames' Clayman album... he is also grouped with In Flames. If no one really likes that kind of association, I could always change it.

Last thing, I made this with Microsoft Access XP, which should be compatible with Access 2000 and older, if anyone wish to examine, modify, distribute or sell the database file, I will e-mail it to you.

Good luck ;)
i've been doing one about black metal for a while now, and it's a really long and sometimes really boring job (but i can't say no to my friends :rolleyes: )

I've done some more work.
And be sure to read the disclaimers from my previous post on this thread. And of course, contributions to the chart are welcomed.

Arch.

Attachments

• relativityofswedishmetal2.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 119
Adrian Erlandsson also played in The Haunted as did Jonas Björler. Mike Amott played in Spiritual Beggars also. Peter Wildoer used to play drums in Arch Enemy (well, session drumming on Stigmata). He nowadays plays in Darkane. Friden and Anders Iwers played in Ceremonial Oath also. Daniel Erlandsson played session drums in In Flames. Also Stanne, Anders Iwers and Anders Jivarp have been in In Flames. Johan Larsson has played in Dimension Zero and Jocke Gothberg in In Flames.

It's gonna be one messed up chart.

Thanks for your help, MacMoney. I will update it soon.

And you should also connect Dismember and Tiamat, since Magnus played in Tiamat.
And besides that you can add Anders Iwers to the "Ceremonial Oath" box and connect it directly to Tiamat.

...I guess the final result will be unreadable when we all submitted our changes

hehe..... this is pretty funny because my friend and I (both of NY) came up with a joke theory that there are only 15 guys in scandanavia and germany who play instruments and they just join each other's bands.... this seems to prove our point :lol:

arch do you know how to draw an entity relationship diagram? (ERD) the access stuff will get weird soon...