Swedish Metal Genealogy

Vulture Culture, yes I do know how to draw an ERD.

ok, when you add Klas Ideberg to the Darkane box, you can make a new box for "Terror 2000" which is connected to Soilwork (through Björn "Speed" Strid and Henry Ranta (who is also connected to NonExist, since he played their drums during the first month...)). Soilwork is connected to Opeth (Mikael Åckerfeldt contributed vocals on their last album). Opeth is connected to Katatonia and Edge of Sanity (I'm nice enough NOT to mention Dan Swanö ;) ). Katatonia is related to Diabolical Masquerade and October Tide. October Tide can be connected with a Canorous Quinted and Sins of Omission (because of the vocalist Mårten Hansen). A Canorous Quinted can be connected to Amon Amarth because of drummer Fredrik Anderson. Amon Amarth can be connected back to Opeth because Martin Lopez was their drummer before Andersson.
I could go on for hours, but I'm getting tired...do you really want to finish this?

P.S.: there's even a BIG connection to the Finnish scene...Tomas Lindberg is now the vocalist of The Crown...and the crown had the vocalist of Impaled Nazare on their last album - Alexi Laiho played in Impaled Nazarene but also in Singery, Children of Bodom and some more bands. And the keyboarder of CoB has a project with LOTS of musicians from different bands :) :)

zzzzZZZZzzzz.... ;)

Thanks Nico16 and Hearse for your inputs. I will add the bands and members in when I have time within my busy schedule. The enormous relations between bands won't stop me. :)

I will probably call it "Scandanavian Band Genealogy" or something.

I noticed Lars Ulrich played drums for Mercyful Fate... I'll probably duplicate the chart that extends to American Bands. Or maybe your band might be related. :)

ok,i can give you guy`s some goodie`s.
once upon a time,around the mid 80`s,i moved to a small city in sweden called v„xsj”,from gothenburg.i was totally out of there!!!! but ,ok,whatever. i met up with a guy called JONNY DORDEVIC (ex entombed)by this time he was not in to metal or what so ever...but after a year or so,he knocked on my home door,and saw albums of,exiter,metal church,metallica,nucklear assault and kreator+sodom...and after this he was totally in to it.so i learned him to play guitar,and after a while,we got to rehurse in our school (in the music room) we suckeed big time..we really needed a drummer,i was playing the drum`s at that time,and not very good at it (that`s the trouth), ok but whatever,jonny knew a guy (johan ex arch enemy) who was in to hard core and so on at that point,he tryed out for the drumm part,and he fitted just perfect.so i bought my self a bass,and also took the vocal`s,so,one year whent,we did our first demo tape.(not a pretty one) but it worked for us.so we started to take some gig`s with a band called DISSACORD,and in this band was a guy called `michael amott`at that time we where just hanging out.after a while he (amott) whented over to england,to play in a band called NAPALM DEATH,we just heard some demo stuff,but i michael` thought it was to brutal at the time,i was still so much in to the GERMAN metal.but,whatever.after a year or something,he came back (amott).and we needed another guitarist,(i think that`s the way it was,he he )so he joined the band,the band`s name was CARNEGE.i was in the band for just a short while after that.then i moved back to gothenburg,started to play in a METAL band called REBORN,nothing special happened,the years whented on,and i started LUCIFERION.toghether with `woijteck`from LOST HORIZON`we started to play around 87.at that point we played `tecno thrash`but moved fast on to death metal,after reciving a demo tape from MORBID ANGEL,and during this time and a coupple of year`s forward i (michael)came in touch with the DARK TRANQUILLITY guy`s,we keept on a coupple of year`s with luciferion,but we had a lot of troubble with LABELS and stuff,so we took a break with the band (luciferion).then i allmoust quit playing,until one day,anders jivarp called me up and woundered if i whanted to play bass with them on a gig in germania....and there the story end`s...OR DOE`S IT????????????
greeating`s-michael nicklasson-bass-d-t......hope some body get`s some thing out of this.btw.it was fun writing it..cheers

Hearse has a perfect point... thats actually why me and my friend made up our joke theory... those guys alone could make a whole new chart (not that im trying to make more work for anyone)... oh... but does "being good friends with" count? if it does than you could just about screw everything to hell by linking DT to every band Niklas has done art for :lol: (think about that list)

Originally posted by Arch
I will probably call it "Scandanavian Band Genealogy" or something.
:eek: you don't know what you're getting yourself into :devil:

maybe i could help you with that, i still have a huge poster in my room with that though it's not finished or readable for that matter...
As Hearse said it, the Norwegian scene is a pain in the arse think about the relation Emperor/Satyricon/Darkthrone/Mayhem.... with all their side projects :s
even worse is Ulver/Arcturus.....

I think that to make that chart easier you should restrict it only to people who actually where full members of the bands, even if it was only for a short period of time.

geez...there are even more stories involved than i thought..

one more thing...in that swedishroot pic...daniel svenson (in flames, sacrilege) it lack the connection with dimension zero...he sang on the "troops of doom" cover...

Note: This family tree is giving me a headache :)

Originally posted by Arch
Vulture Culture, yes I do know how to draw an ERD.

hm... i was thinking of another way to display the collected data so far, since already now it's quite big. but on a second thought erd is bullshit for this purpose, and i got no idea how to do it apart from the access stuff. hm... quite difficult. maybe, since you use access, you could set up a database with a small query interface where you can select a band or a person and all related stuff shows up. just a thought.

one more thing...in that swedishroot pic...daniel svenson (in flames, sacrilege) it lack the connection with dimension zero...he sang on the "troops of doom" cover...
and there's also a connection between Sacrilege and Nightshade: The ex-Sacrilege bassist Daniel Kvist is now the vocalist of Nightshade.

one more thing (this is gonna last forever)...peter wildoer did not do arch enemy's stigmata...he only did black earth....peter wildoer is on darkane witch guitarplayer Klas Ideberg has a band called terror 2000 witch have henry ranta and bjorn strid from soilwork (henry has departed now)...

relating arch enemy...chris ammot has a band called armageddon witch features daniel erlandson (arch enemy) and had featured on the first album peter wildoer and mike ammot...johan liiva who has departed from arch enemy has a band called NonExist who features Johan Reinholdz guitarplayer of Andromeda and Matte Modin from defleshed/dark funeral...

And Kvist is the basist of Taetre... (and they are produced by Andy laRocque)
Jonas Lindblad in Teatre played in Demonium Togehter with Ex-Prophanity guitarist Niclas Magnusson

Jonas has also been a member of Danish/Swedish Thorium wich released their debut album "Ocean of blasphemy"on Diehard.

Okay, I will make three versions of the chart.
The big, lite, and world.

The big version is the 1st chart, which includes everyone who's involved with the band. This chart will get really tricky.

The lite version is just the current and former members of the band. And band that were dissolved, such as At The Gates.

The world version will be the big version with bands from non-Scandanavian countries. This chart will get really tricky.

Anyhoo... here is what I have so far.
http://members.loop.com/~archielai/metalmap.gif
It is made from Photoshop'ing screenshots, so there are some lines you have to ignore.