Swine report...

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Fucking amazing!

I just back from my trip to southern California!

I got a chance to catch some shows... Sevendust(just for the hell of it) @ House of Blues the following night I caught Soilwork@ House of Blues with Mnemic(the were okay, more Nu-metal), Hypocrisy(kinda generic death meets thrash, boring actually...) & Dark Tranquility(never heard much of them, but they put on one hell of a show, gave Soilwork a run for their money!) Then the next night Velvet Revolver @ Arrowhead!!!! Followed by a couple blues gigs! It was the shit!

I also picked up some killer stuff at some of the record shops. I scored a limited/deluxe versions of Dimmu Borgir discs! I was not able to find the Russell Allen disc, but I will add it to the list of "wants" for next week!!!!!!!
A even the Virgin Mega Store didn't have it & they carry tons of underground metal!!!!!!!
*While I didn’t get a chance to meet Soilwork, I did get a chance to say "hello" to the guys from DT, hella nice dudes! And tall too!!!! Over 6 feet tall!!!!! Get this, I also saw former Halford/current Iced Earth drummer Bobby(who’s last name escapes me at this moment!) With his wife! He was on the guest list!!!! I was wearing my Iced earth T shirt & he says "hey man, nice shirt!" then threw the horns!!!!! He was quickly taken back stage, never to be seen again!

Anyway, us "fans" were asked to leave the bar at about 12:30 AM & needless to say I walked out with no Soilwork sigs....

Next time.

sixxswine said:
Get this, I also saw former Halford/current Iced Earth drummer Bobby(who’s last name escapes me at this moment!) With his wife! He was on the guest list!!!! I was wearing my Iced earth T shirt & he says "hey man, nice shirt!" then threw the horns!!!!! He was quickly taken back stage, never to be seen again!

Bobby "The Zombie/"Drummachine" Jarzombek. Ex-Riot, ex-Spastic ink to, Bobby is one of the best drummers out there, I was praying he returned to Riot after Halford split (although Metal Mike confirmed another Halford album soon), but nanay.

I wish I would have met him the guy rules in the drum kit, so cool you met him even briefly Sixxi. :headbang:

sixxswine said:
Fucking amazing!

I just back from my trip to southern California!

So how was the weather? Seriously! We Dutch have an obsession for talking about the weather.

sixxswine said:
I got a chance to catch some shows... Sevendust(just for the hell of it) @ House of Blues the following night I caught Soilwork@ House of Blues with Mnemic(the were okay, more Nu-metal),

The thing that bothers me in Mnemic is that there are no guitar solo's. For the rest of it I rather like them. Even though I think they are not heavy enough. I'd love to see an industrial metal band getting really heavy and without using that boring mix of grunts and clean vocals.

When Soilwork started to use the combination of grunts and clean vocals I gave up on them. And I still consider their second album "Chainheart Machine" a modern thrash classic!!

sixxswine said:
Hypocrisy(kinda generic death meets thrash, boring actually...) & Dark Tranquility(never heard much of them, but they put on one hell of a show, gave Soilwork a run for their money!)

I have seen Dark Tranquility as support act of Kreator but I was unimpressed by their screamy vocalist and lack of real dynamics in their music. It started to sound all the same after a while. Maybe I am overly critical or just an old fart! Who knows?

sixxswine said:
Then the next night Velvet Revolver @ Arrowhead!!!! Followed by a couple blues gigs! It was the shit!

I have been playing lots of classic rock and blues influenced rock lately.

sixxswine said:
I also picked up some killer stuff at some of the record shops. I scored a limited/deluxe versions of Dimmu Borgir discs! I was not able to find the Russell Allen disc, but I will add it to the list of "wants" for next week!!!!!!!

Dimmu rules! Really! I like that band a lot. Be prepared that when you hear the Russel Allen record to love it to death! It will for you like a shoe. I can only hope that you check out Symphony x after you have become a huge Russel Allen fan.

sixxswine said:
A even the Virgin Mega Store didn't have it & they carry tons of underground metal!!!!!!!

Thats actually good to hear, bot that they did not have the RA album but that there's tons of underground releases present in the Virgin Mega Store.

When reading the messages on this board lately about our American members going to gigs again I get the feeling that things are looking up a little on the other side of the pond.

sixxswine said:
*While I didn’t get a chance to meet Soilwork, I did get a chance to say "hello" to the guys from DT, hella nice dudes! And tall too!!!! Over 6 feet tall!!!!!

Yea I noticed that when I saw them perform in Tilburg! They must have been eating their veggies :lol:

sixxswine said:
Get this, I also saw former Halford/current Iced Earth drummer Bobby(who’s last name escapes me at this moment!) With his wife! He was on the guest list!!!! I was wearing my Iced earth T shirt & he says "hey man, nice shirt!" then threw the horns!!!!! He was quickly taken back stage, never to be seen again!

That guy is one of the best drummers in the metal scene today. you should hear him on the Spastic Ink albums he simply rips! His brother, Rob Jarzombeck, is an amazing guitarist!

sixxswine said:
Anyway, us "fans" were asked to leave the bar at about 12:30 AM & needless to say I walked out with no Soilwork sigs....

Next time.

Thats too bad bro' Well It seems that you still had a lot of fun! Thanks for telling us your exploits! :)

:cry: I am so sorry I did not PM you sooner... but it looks like you weren't much in my area... next time you come to LA lemme know ahead of time and we'll take you to the Rainbow etc :wave:

Pabla said:
:cry: I am so sorry I did not PM you sooner... but it looks like you weren't much in my area... next time you come to LA lemme know ahead of time and we'll take you to the Rainbow etc :wave:

Cool, that would be "swell." I went the last time I was there, but it was a real quick stop... That place has such a killer vibe even if you're just there taking a piss... I'm killing myself for not taking a pick of the Lemmy tribute they have in the walk way there...