Switching gear...

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
I'm thinking of selling my MD421, 3 Mic stands that I was supposed to use for micing up my rack toms with MD421's and also selling my cheap AV Jeve clip-on mics.
Then I'm buying back 3 Audix D2's including D-clip (or whatever it's called).

I want to cut down on my complete budget a bit, and make a live/studio setup of my kit a bit more. So at home I easily can use the mics for recording and live I also can use the mics if needed.
What I mean with cutting down on budget a bit is that I intended on buying 2 other MD421's...but then I'd also needed some (quality) mics to clip on the toms......

My final tom setup will then be: 3 audix D2's on rack toms & MD421 on floor (which is mounted on the drumrack so no mic stand).

Well if anyone else has some ideas or tips or whatever...let me know...good idea, bad idea...blabla
To the Dutch/German/Belgium/UK or whatever...anybody got a link to where I can buy those Audix Mics the cheapest :saint:

Seizure. said:
Thomann maybe? and studio lobbes hs reaaalyy cool discounts too some audix too if i remember right!
for how much are you selling the md421?

not sure yet...i first gotta grab everything together...i'll post it in here once I made up my mind for sure :)
ow..I think i should studio lobbes' website..my drum teachter kicked my ass for not checking out them before my last purchase of mics :)..haha

i just bought an audix d6 via ebay - power seller for 199€ incl.postage.
that was the cheapest i found after searching for along time.
thomann is not the cheapest for these mics.

cheapest d1 - 149€ - ebay
thomann d2 - 139€ - haven't found another shop selling the cheaper!

good luck!!

Remember one thing, you can actually haggle with stores. Most stores I know will compete with any european price, you could use the Thomann price to get the D2's for around 115-120€ from a decent store.

cobhc said:
Dude, have you put your other shit up for sale yet? I'm just anxious to see what tones you can rustle up once you have those audix mics.

i only put up my av-jeve pmm34 tom clip on mics..
probally will keep the stands...
my dbx166xl compressor can also go..not using it...