Drum mic's

WingsofRedemption said:
I do actully, I have no idea why people would use a mic simply and stupidly because its an "industry standard"

Moment please....... you think producers like Andy, James and all the other big names use the mic because of the note it's "industry standart"???

............sorry, can't help you?!?!

Any noise issues?

As they are made here is OZ I am proud that they have done so well worldwide, In the past I have had issues with some of them being a little noisy.

I am thinking of getting an NT-2 at the moment

I don't remember any noise problems with the NT-5's...

The NT-2 is a nice mic, I've used it on vocals and acoustic guitar in the past with solid results. It's nothing spectacular but also isn't like a Behringer B-1.

Razorjack said:
I'm already going out with one of their groupies, who also happens to be a fetish model :D

Also, I'm working on the production credit. I will have done the job.

Razorjack = P-I-M-P!!! :worship:

Razorjack said:
Atm I'm just trying to get my name out there.

Ive done the same myself. Some times its worth doing a freeby just to get an example of your work out there or to learn a new system.

You also have to think, how much time are you prepared to spend on it and is it worth what your actually going to get out of it.

Yeah I just recorded my first band last week, no charge of course. I've got a couple other freebees lined up too. After I get some experience, I'll start charging$$. Still though, just seeing how happy the band was to hear their stuff recorded was priceless. I heard "thank you" probably a thousand times that night.

i wouldnt do too many projects for free. i mean your gear and time alone are worth more than free no matter the quality or how much experience you have. ive pretty much went to a system where i have a meeting with the band and charge a rate that is based on a "by the song" system. meaning i charge by the song. now depending on the amount of work involved(meaning quick live recording or a long overdubbed layering session) effects the price. lets say a band want three songs. you could even charge them like 50-75 bucks a song which would be dirt cheap and you'd be hooking them up because they wouldnt be able to do better price-wise and at least you'd get a little cash for your time and effort and obviously you know more than them or you wouldnt be recording them theyd be recording themselves. and if you get alittle cash then you can make the studio or your gear collection better. i mean even if its only a super small amount, get something. i dont know, its been working for me. i think even the cheapest brokest band will find the money to get their songs recorded. and if your willing to do it for free then even a small amount of money will be cheaper than their alternatives. thats just my opinion though but pricing by the song has worked really well for me in my project studio.

We ended up using the KM84's for overheads and the NT5's on hi-hat and ride, sounds great. I'll post a clip sometime this week.

Drums_micing.jpg