SX Forum Album of the year - 2009!

Phanto

Alalalalalalalala.
Apr 8, 2005
Gothenburg, SWE
let's make a poll out of the 20 most listed albums and then have a vote :kickass: list as many as you want. I'll fix the poll later :yuk:

megadeth - endgame
shadow gallery - digital ghosts
hypocrisy - a taste of extreme divinity
kalisia -cybion
immortal - all shall fall
gwynbleidd - nostalgia
behemoth - evangelion
muse - the resistance

a good year for black and death but not so good for any other genres :mad:

2009 hasn't been a very good year for me so far....

Add the new DT and Scar Symmetry - Dark Matter Dimensions

Ensiferum - From Afar too I guess

Ki is my favourite of the year. Addicted is good too.

Regarding bands mentioned by OP, a lot of people were saying that Endgame was supposed to be good but I didn't like it. Then I realized it was propably cause I always hated Megadeth... The new Muse is pretty good and I don't know the rest.

I like the new Mew album quite a bit. And then there was this awesome release from a band I hadn't heard of before: Gösta Berlings Saga - Detta Har Hänt. That's been the very best stuff for me I think..

I haven't really been paying attention to new releases...of the ones listed, I've only heard Muse and Megadeth. Better get on that.

Maybe Baroness' new one should be in the running. I don't really like it, but it seems like a contender.

Then list them. It's not like Muse is metal.

I don't think it's been a good year for any non-"extreme", non-metal band. Maybe Lady Gaga :lol:

Off the top of my head...

Gates of Slumber - Hymns of Blood and Thunder
Swallow the Sun - New Moon (even though it's not really a great STS album)
Immortal - All Shall Fall
Tyr - By the Light of the Northern Star
Kreator - Hordes of Chaos (even though it was also supremely disappointing overall, some good riffs here and there)
Shaded Enmity - Like Prayers on Deaf Ears (loved it before i joined as a session member, so it's not really self promotion...)
Mantic Ritual - The Executioner

Most of those aren't really amazing albums to be honest.

Regarding bands mentioned by OP, a lot of people were saying that Endgame was supposed to be good but I didn't like it. Then I realized it was propably cause I always hated Megadeth...

I don't the like the new Megadeth either. Never was a big fan, although I enjoy a couple albums. It was Broderick's random half-assed shred that turned me off mostly. Good example of a techically top-notch player that can't come up with something that makes sense.

Then list them. It's not like Muse is metal.

I don't think it's been a good year for any non-"extreme", non-metal band. Maybe Lady Gaga :lol:

Fuckin' DREDG. Seriously. :worship:

Immortal
Devin - Addicted
Vertical Horizon - Burning The Days
Scar Symmetry
Oceansize - Home & Minor
Katatonia - Night Is The New Day
Amorphis
Transatlantic
Candlemass
Mantic Ritual
Shaded Enmity

Personally liked Arjen Lucassen's Guilt Machine, not his best work but it was still all-around good.

Townsend's Addicted and Dream Theaters Black Clouds/Silver Linings were also alright, but again not their best of works

Just a year of "ok" albums I guess, hopefully 2010 will provide