SX Forum Album of the year - 2009!

tatu... urk! that's where I draw my line. lady gaga does awesome live performances. I remember laughing quite a bit when she ran around "bleeding" on stage at some MTV shit and they filmed the expression some rapper or whatever the fuck in the audience. "WUTS DIS CRAZY CRACKER CHIK DOIN? dis some fuckin picasso shit right here".. oooh priceless. Then she hang herself on stage. She gives a more metal performance than even mayhem does nowadays.

Failure of threads fucking wins for mentioning Kiko's new one. "Se Entrega, Corisco!" is one of the best songs I've heard in a looong time.

+1; Kiko's "Full Blast" from this year is an amazing instrumental album (as were his others). My favorites are Desperado," "Outrageous" and "Whispering."

Last edited by a moderator:
10. Skyforger- Amorphis
9. Slaves of the World- Old Man's Child
8. Delforate- Black Daliah Murder
7. Wavering Radient- Isis
6. Anno Dommini High Definition- Riverside
5. The Great Misdirect- Between the Buried and Me
4.5. (edit to lazy to change all the numbers) A SENSE OF LOSS- NOSOUND --- GORGEOUS P.E.R.I.O.D...
4. New Moon- Swallow the Sun
3. Darkness Walks Beside Me- Black Sun Æon
2. Night is the New Day- KATATONIA

and album of the year is................................................................................................................................................................................

THE INCIDENT- PORCUPINE TREE

These four have gotten the most airtime by far...

1) Epica - Design Your Universe (a bit of a watershed album for some fans, I love the heavier edge)
2) Ensiferum - From Afar (didn't have huge expectations, but holy shit, it's right up there with Iron)
3) Cain's Offering - Gather The Faithful (a "supergroup" living up to the billing)
4) Kalisia - Cybion (this one came out of left field, best and craziest surprise of the year)
5) Seven Kingdoms - Seven Kingdoms (another damn good surprise, US power metal represent!)

Others that were very good...

Dark Moor - Autumnal
Adagio - Archangels In Black
DGM - Frame
ReinXeed - Higher
Stratovarius - Polaris
Crimfall - As The Path Unfolds...

These were decent, but failed to truly pull me in...

Megadeth - Endgame
Mystic Prophecy - Fireangel
Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa

Hmmm, I've been a little disappointed this year.

Drudkh - Microcosmos, Raventale - Mortal Aspirations have both been disappointments so far. Wolves in the Throne Room's Black Cascade is decent, but not album of the yearish.

I'll reiterate that Katatonia's new album is great though.

And hey, I'm with Zach, you don't have to like a person's music to see that they do well in their chosen field. That paparazzi song is catchy.

The new Dredg is probably their best work yet...but to me they always seem to lack something....that special ingredient...the inability to take a good idea and turn it into a great one.

You see nothing funny about four guys who play modern instruments dressed in rags and chain mail, singing in Norse languages, and declaring the pummeling of heathens with hammers? I liken it to Dio. Words cannot express my love and respect of Ronnie James Dio, his voice, and his various musical projects. Words can also not express, however, how ridiculously hilarious it is when he shouts "you're the last in, you're the last in, you're the last in...you're the FIRST in line!"

Q: Why do Viking and Black Metal bands wear armor, furs, have their own forges, and carry weapons to gigs?

A: So that in case society breaks down, they just need to build a longship and they're set for life!

Tyr fucking rules! I see nothing comical about them though :/

Then you need to listen to some metal. Seriously, the entire genre is a joke, but that's why it's awesome. If you don't understand how you can laugh at a band and still fucking love them then you don't understand what it is to be a metalhead.

That's my belief anyway. Again, see aforementioned Immortal. If you watch the video for Call of the Wintermoon and don't laugh and don't headbang, you just don't get the true spirit of the stuff.

Then you need to listen to some metal. Seriously, the entire genre is a joke, but that's why it's awesome. If you don't understand how you can laugh at a band and still fucking love them then you don't understand what it is to be a metalhead.

That's my belief anyway. Again, see aforementioned Immortal. If you watch the video for Call of the Wintermoon and don't laugh and don't headbang, you just don't get the true spirit of the stuff.

Lol, very true, Same with Turisas and their cheap K mart Fur, Great fun and great band.