SX Forum Album of the year - 2009!

I thought this was a great year... Riverside and the Beardfish are my top two but these other bands all made some enjoyable discs this year...

Beardfish
Riverside
Lalle Larssons Weaveworld
Madder Mortem
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Gwynbleidd
Ohnmphrey
Animals as Leaders
Floodline
Phideaux
Morglbl
Oceans of Sadness
The Tangent
Transatlantic
Obscura
Of the I
Vangough
Leprous
Baroness
Indukti
Hacride
Mastodon
Enochian Theory

Failure of threads fucking wins for mentioning Kiko's new one. "Se Entrega, Corisco!" is one of the best songs I've heard in a looong time.

Yeah that's a great album Still gotta say No Gravity takes the cake over it...that thing is a masterpiece

new clutch was good, i'm gonna check out new katatonia with high hopes. enjoyed addicted. nothing released this year has been a band's career best though- clutch record had a coupla weak tracks, devy's done better, mastodon released a record high on ambition and lacking in riffs/excitement, with not enough good songwriting to count as a great prog album. nile attempted to gain some new ground but didn't top their older releases. alice in chains' record was really, really good but it's not Dirt/Tripod, more a new start. not a classic year imo. but as ever, great records/ great bands from this year will be uncovered in years to come as those bands grow and gain in following.

the new katatonia is GREAT, if you like the great cold distance you'll love the new one

Bah too many fucking bands. Winning vote would be with like 3-4 votes max. Screw the poll.

Album of the year: Lady GaGa - The Fame (it's brutal as hell)
Album of the decade: Symphony X - V

Thread over, go home.

In no particular order..

Celesty- Vendetta
Luna Mortis- The Absence (debut of the formerly named Ottoman Empire)
Sonata Arctica- The Days of Grays (I didn't really like Unia very much; however, this one surprised me and has really grown on me a lot)
Opeth- Watershed
Shadow Gallery- Digital Ghosts
Adagio- Archangels in Black (unfortunately its no Underworld, but I still like it)
Eluveitie- Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion
Scar Symmetry- Dark Matter Dimensions

honorable mention; Obscura- Cosmogenesis

This year wasn't too great; however, it seems that next year will easily beat it out in just the first quarter for me. I am anxiously awaiting for new releases from:

Pain of Salvation
Nevermore
Eluveitie
Kalmah
Orphaned Land
Circus Maximus

and of course...

SYMPHONY X

In no particular order..

Celesty- Vendetta
Luna Mortis- The Absence (debut of the formerly named Ottoman Empire)
Sonata Arctica- The Days of Grays (I didn't really like Unia very much; however, this one surprised me and has really grown on me a lot)
Opeth- Watershed
Shadow Gallery- Digital Ghosts
Adagio- Archangels in Black (unfortunately its no Underworld, but I still like it)
Eluveitie- Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion
Scar Symmetry- Dark Matter Dimensions

honorable mention; Obscura- Cosmogenesis

This year wasn't too great; however, it seems that next year will easily beat it out in just the first quarter for me. I am anxiously awaiting for new releases from:

Pain of Salvation
Nevermore
Eluveitie
Kalmah
Orphaned Land
Circus Maximus

and of course...

SYMPHONY X

Didn't Kalmah put out a disc this year so wouldn't that be on your list?

Opeth was last year...

Yeah it is, I just gave it an album of the year award!
I read she re-released it. This year. As The Fame Monster. So the reward goes to that album.

I'm not sure I got into any albums that were released this year. That's unfortunate :(

I think the best album I picked up was probably the Chickenfoot album. Other than that, nothing really stands out to me. The latest Muse offering is good, but not my cup of tea. The new Porcupine Tree is hard for me to listen through - I haven't even gotten through one whole spin yet.

I'm picking up the new Shadow Gallery and Lady GaGa today, lol. And I still have to get through the latest offering from Sting, which I have but haven't listened to yet. Hopefully some last minute saviors for 2009!

DT's release was good, but not as memorable as others they have done.

I have to disagree Ken. It's a pop album, and a popular pop album, but for myself it doesn't take away that she actually has a decent voice. Sure, there's a lot of stuff on there that i can't really dig on, but I still dig it for the most part. I also like t.A.T.u though, so take my opinions on pop with a grain of salt :lol: