SX guitars

for the price, it is ok. You gotta change tuners, pickups and stuff like that.

I have a gg2.bo model, explorer type, and its really good for what it costed.

i bought an SX strat. the cheap 99.99 one. all white. i changed out just about everything except the neck, body bridge and tuners. the tuners are next, then graphtech saddles. i would only get one if you intend to customize the shit out of it and get a good set up on it.

this is how i got it...
100_6795.jpg

here's the guts stock...
100_6858.jpg

asian mini-pots w/ cheap ceramic pups. but it was hum cancelling in pos 2 and 4 and didn't sound that bad.
i wanted p90's though, and i hate the volume knob so close to the bridge pup. so i changed it this...
100_6907.jpg

here's the new electronics...
100_6872.jpg

Warmoth pickguard, GFS p90's, w/ good pots and cap from singlecoil.com. the bigger pots and p90 in the neck pocket required a little routing. not too bad though.
here's a glamour shot...
100_6905.jpg

I would say that their acoustic ones are about the worst guitars i have ever seen.. and i have seen ALLOT(An entire shipment where the fretboards dropped of the guitars for instance.)!
BUT that being said, their electrics might be fine.

The shop where I work stocks a few SX guitars and basses, and I wouldn't recommend them. I guess they'd do if you were on a really tight budget, but still had the money to customize the crap out of it :guh:

def nothing wrong w/ the neck on mine. though it could use a fret dress, i'd say the neck was the best part of the guitar.

From what i've heard, people seem to dislike the Fender noiseless.. but on the other hand thats the opinions of blues guys in their mid 50's that wouldn't play on anything thats at less then 10 years older then them selves.

Received my tele today :) the build quality is very good, feels very solid.
It definitely needs a pickup change, with a real amp they sound noisy. Sounds good in POD farm :p
For the price it's very nice, I like it and can't wait to modify it.

Here I made a quick clip with POD farm, it's a cover:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9799371/tele.mp3