SX/Nrmore/PWaltz tour..

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Anyone have any reviews? I'd be stoked for the Waltz, but the setlist from the co-headliners is a bit disappointing.

SX setlist:

Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
End of Innocence (new song)
Paradise Lost
Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Smoke and Mirrors
Dehumanized (new song)
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
----------------------------------------
Sea of Lies

Nmore:

1. Moonrise
2. The Termination Proclamation
3. Your Poison Throne
4. Born
5. The Heart Collector
6. Emptiness Unobstructed
7. The River Dragon Has Come
8. This Godless Endeavor
9. Narcosynthesis
10. Enemies of Reality
11. Inside Four Walls

PW:

1. Ashes
2. Spiral Tower
3. Haze One
4. Into the Everflow
5. Morbid
6. Cold
7. Halo of Thorns
8. Nothing

Wow... Nevermore setlist rocks imo... Symphony X, however is the same set as the last two tours (or very similar)... That's disappointing...

The two times I saw SymX they played pretty different sets - the second time was mostly PL material, but they dug out some cool back catalog stuff like King of Terrors and Church of the Machine. This, however, is pretty disappointing. I hope their North American setlist is better.

The two times I saw SymX they played pretty different sets - the second time was mostly PL material, but they dug out some cool back catalog stuff like King of Terrors and Church of the Machine. This, however, is pretty disappointing. I hope their North American setlist is better.

Akumu, no offense but 3-song difference still makes the setlists almost the same...

By the way, here's The End of Innocence, new track...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8czvj8PEwJM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Wow... just wow. Russell is friggin' great in it!

I would really liked to have Engines of Hate in the Nevermore list, but other than that, it looks amazing. As far as Symphony X goes...I got to hear The Odyssey when I saw them on tour for Paradise Lost, so it almost doesn't matter what else I ever hear from them. But their set looks pretty good too.

Akumu, no offense but 3-song difference still makes the setlists almost the same...

I was really happy the second time I saw them because they played songs I was rather disappointed they didn't the first. :/ I had no complaints at all. (Though I seem to be one of the few who haven't seen them play The Odyssey yet, heh.)

And that new song sounds great! My first impression was that it reminded me a lot of Twilight in Olympus material, but then it got heavier towards the end. Sounds like there's more keyboards!

As for the Nevermore set, although I didn't like their last album, I like the amount of Dead Heart stuff and the fact that they're doing the TGE title track. I haven't seen them live yet, though, so I'm not sure what the norm is for them.

That's a pretty asskickin' SX setlist, to be honest! I'm going to NYC and Worcester, might go home in a neck brace. (I saw them do The Odyssey at Jaxx back in ... 03, 04, something like that.)

I've seen SyX enough times that if I went to a show right before a new cd came out and they DIDN"T play new shit, I'd be pissed. It would be nice to hear them mix up the list a bit more as well though, and also to stop completely ignoring V live. So awesome to hear a new song, hopefully video of the other surfaces as well.

Total fuck-up on my part. I just realized I worded that completely wrong. I was referring to SX in the co-headline role in terms of the setlist. I do wish they would change it up a bit more. The Nevermore set looks pretty good.

Take out The Heart Collector and replace it with either Dead Heart In A Dead World or I Voyager and the Nevermore setlist would be pretty much perfect for me. I never did get why the band is so in love with The Heart Collector, it's probably my least favorite Nevermore song.

Seeing as how it doesn't look like Symphony X's new album will be available in time for the U.S. tour, I get the feeling that their set list won't change from what's on this thread. Though I'm looking forward to the two new songs (especially now that I've watched the video posted here), you can count me in as another disappointed fan when it comes to the rest of the set list. I could list 25 songs in their repertoire that I've never seen them perform on stage, and I've seen them nine times! Not all of those 25 songs are absolute classics, but it would certainly be more refreshing to see them perform "Savage Curtain" for the first time than it would be to see them play "Sea Of Lies" for the 1,000th time.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert