Sym X show is back on in SF!

Just talked to Romeo, and yes, this is true. He says they'll play for about an hour (that's about all they have material rehearsed for), but I don't know about the opener, if they still plan to be there or not.

See ya'll tonight! :)

Jax<--headin to SF in a few YAY :)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I was so glad when they told me this. I'm incredibly stoked. As far as the opening band goes... Onward was booted off the bill last week because they were told they didn't have enough room on the stage. So, Onward is not playing. The Pound will let me know in the next hour if I am to help them find another opening band or not. I'll keep ya guys posted! I'll be there at around 630 though. Brooks, just make sure you get there early!

If any of you guys that don't know me see a girl with VERY long blonde hair headbanging in the front with a huge camera, come say hi. That's me. :) Would be nice to meet some of you!

Okay, for those of you who are here... I now have a band called Machine Called Man on the bill. They are in the same vein of music and absolutely KILLER... The singer can WAIL. I also now have Zero Hour on the bill. Vicious Rumors may or may not be playing, depending if the Pound can get ahold of them. HELL YAH I'm so glad I asked if I could help with the billing! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Oh my GOD. That was SUCH A FUN SHOW! It went really, really, really well. I had to ask Machine Called Man if Mikey from Zero Hour could use their drumset, which was fine (thank God). That is the only way they could do the show. If Mikey had to get his drumset from the studio, there woulda been NO WAY. It is storming to all hell here. By 5pm last night, in less than 24 hours, we already had 7 inches of rain. And the winds are blowing at around 60MPH. It took me and the bands quite a while to get to the club and I was lucky to get there before MCM went on. Whew! This was MCM's VERY FIRST SHOW EVER and the crowd was REALLY into them. I was very, very happy for them. They got to play for 1/2 an hour. They had a crapload of people asking them for cds and autographs later. They were so excited, they weren't sure what to do! hahaha Then Zero Hour came on. I know some people in the audience knew them, but I think it was mostly our friends. There were a lot of people there who DIDN'T know who they are (suprised the hell outta me). But the response to them was incredible! I don't think the crowd was expecting much out of them but they were totally stunned to find such a kick-ass band AND they're from here! Hopefully now we will have a lot more fans at both bands' shows. Poor Troy had some sound problems and Mikey couldn't hear shit, but you'd never know by the way they sounded! Symphony X of course kicked ass as well. That's to be expected. :) They were just so happy to FINALLY be able to play here! Russ and Jason's parents were also at the show because they live here. I thought that was cool. The guys were quite hyper about being able to play. I think the others on this board will be able to give you setlist info. I had the setlist, but this guy that was standing next to me that was a HUGE HUGE fan was dying for a setlist, so I gave it to him so he could get it signed. And through this wohle thing, I've had the killerest migraine from hell for the past three days and I STILL went. hahaha I took pictures and will let you guys know when I post them, okay?

Damn I wish I lived in SF :cry: oh well i'm glad the guys did that, they are pure class I say :) anyone know what songs they played?

Originally posted by Squeak
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Oh my GOD. That was SUCH A FUN SHOW! It went really, really, really well. I had to ask Machine Called Man if Mikey from Zero Hour could use their drumset, which was fine (thank God). That is the only way they could do the show. If Mikey had to get his drumset from the studio, there woulda been NO WAY. It is storming to all hell here. By 5pm last night, in less than 24 hours, we already had 7 inches of rain. And the winds are blowing at around 60MPH. It took me and the bands quite a while to get to the club and I was lucky to get there before MCM went on. Whew! This was MCM's VERY FIRST SHOW EVER and the crowd was REALLY into them. I was very, very happy for them. They got to play for 1/2 an hour. They had a crapload of people asking them for cds and autographs later. They were so excited, they weren't sure what to do! hahaha Then Zero Hour came on. I know some people in the audience knew them, but I think it was mostly our friends. There were a lot of people there who DIDN'T know who they are (suprised the hell outta me). But the response to them was incredible! I don't think the crowd was expecting much out of them but they were totally stunned to find such a kick-ass band AND they're from here! Hopefully now we will have a lot more fans at both bands' shows. Poor Troy had some sound problems and Mikey couldn't hear shit, but you'd never know by the way they sounded! Symphony X of course kicked ass as well. That's to be expected. :) They were just so happy to FINALLY be able to play here! Russ and Jason's parents were also at the show because they live here. I thought that was cool. The guys were quite hyper about being able to play. I think the others on this board will be able to give you setlist info. I had the setlist, but this guy that was standing next to me that was a HUGE HUGE fan was dying for a setlist, so I gave it to him so he could get it signed. And through this wohle thing, I've had the killerest migraine from hell for the past three days and I STILL went. hahaha I took pictures and will let you guys know when I post them, okay?

That's such an inspiring story.

What a great thing to happen for all 3 of these bands.

Thanks ProgMetalFan. I think it's really good that there is such a strong metal family here and that I can somehow help them. I am STILl excited from the show last night! It's hard to explain. hahaha I don't neccessarily hope something like this happens again, but it was fun to try and figure out! :) I'm just glad I was able to help in some way. Please, those of you who went that didn't know the first two bands, can you tell me your thoughts on them? Or anyone for that matter, really.

Awesome job, Symphony X! You guys are truly in a class of your own!! :worship:

Congratulations to you fans in SF who got to see them, after all. How awesome for you! I saw them in St Louis! Glad you didn't miss out!

Sounds like it was great show! I love Zero Hour!