Symphony Productions

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Hi guys!

Happy New Year to you all! Hope everyone had a great holiday!

The reason for this message (which will also be going out on Myspace/Facebook) is I'm considering some new things for 2009.

Firstly, I'm considering returning to the teaching arena to offer keyboard lessons, theory lessons, composition lessons to anyone who may be interested. Pricing and technical requirements will come a bit later once I have got some idea of interest levels. At this stage the idea is to be able to offer "face to face" lessons in the traditional manner and also to be able to offer "online" lessons for those who may prefer that or for those who that may be the only option.

Secondly, I'm thinking about setting up a small "Online Keyboard Academy". I'm thinking that this could also incorporate other elements such as assistance for bands starting out...ie advice/help with planning demo recordings, putting together UK tours on a budget and much more. The idea is that some general information would be available for everyone and then there would be a members section which, for a one/off fee, would enable students to get access to midi files/sequences, video lessons amongst other things.

As I mentioned, at this stage I'm just trying to get an idea of interest levels. Lessons would be the first thing to instigate, with the "Academy" following later, as this will take a lot of work to get up and running

If anyone is interested, or knows of someone who may be interested or just has some questions to ask me please drop me an email at Stevekeys@power-quest.co.uk

Cheers!

Sounds interesting. I play keys myself, and this couldn't hurt at all, even if you start teaching from the very basics - review is always good!

I love to see bands do this type of things, so I'm all for it.

Especially if you show how to play the melody to one or two of PQ's songs :lol: I actually just figured out Neverworld's intro last night by accident, haha.

I find that out on guitar, you just play around with different scales, and end up learning a song! Like the intro to Soldiers of the Wasteland (Dragonforce) is just a D chord and open strings put into a melody.

Anyway, hope this works out for you, Steve. Depending on costs, I may join in on the online sessions.

Kieran

The way I'm thinking at the moment is to try and develop a learning guide geared to what people would like to learn, rather than the traditional approach to learning. Having said that, if people are interested in the more traditional methods then that's cool as well.

Obviously nobody particularly likes scales/exercises that kind of stuff......they are a necessary evil but if they can be put across in a more interesting way then that has to be a good thing

Obviously nobody particularly likes scales/exercises that kind of stuff......they are a necessary evil but if they can be put across in a more interesting way then that has to be a good thing

Put them accross in the form of a Power Metal song! From my point of view, I don't remember chords as "A,B,C,D" etc, I remember them more as "The first chord of the chrous in XXX song", and if i hear another song with the same chord, I would recognise it to be that chord from the other song. (If that doesn't make any grammatical sense, I'm sorry)

Just my view on a learning method,
:headbang:Kieran:headbang:

I personally don't mind a traditional style of learning, but I'd be up for anything.

Put them accross in the form of a Power Metal song! From my point of view, I don't remember chords as "A,B,C,D" etc, I remember them more as "The first chord of the chrous in XXX song", and if i hear another song with the same chord, I would recognise it to be that chord from the other song. (If that doesn't make any grammatical sense, I'm sorry)

Just my view on a learning method,
:headbang:Kieran:headbang:
You'll be a bit screwed when you're given a chart then! :lol: :p

Wow, that's some good stuff. With some more professional sounds (especially on lead) that'd be some seriously kickass music.

Here's some more information.

What you will need for ONLINE lessons

Suitable broadband internet connection
Webcam
Microphone

For "face to face" lessons there are not specific requirements if the student is attending a lesson at my place. Own keyboard could be brought if preferred.

The first lesson will take the form of a "consultation" where we establish the direction that the lessons will take. This will be FREE.

The next update will include pricing structures, payment methods and available time slots in the first instance. Initially I will be able to take on 10 students, with this rising to 20-25 as time progresses.

I should also point out that my touring/recording commitments may, from time to time, lead to lessons needing to be re-arranged. Of course, as much notice as possible will be given in these instances and this information will be available online as well.

Cheers!