Mr. Williams - A Keyboard Question

Robbie Nekoda

Oct 17, 2004
Hello sir. :wave:

I used to play keyboard at school, but after getting into METAHL, I abandoned it for guitar. Unfortunately, I happen to be shite at guitar. :lol: So I'm going back to my roots and returning to keyboard.

I've forgotten most/all of the theory, right down to chords. I was wondering if there is some ideal way of learning theory quickly and easily - I don't have the money for lessons, and I can't find much online. I'm not the most patient person, but I would like something more informative than text on a screen, too.

Also, a question I keep forgetting to ask people - where can I get a keytar, and how much are they? :D :D :D (Is Keytar even the right term?)

Ta Mr. Mans. :worship:

If you don't mind me answering.

THE INTERNET!

Get your arse round every free-theory site on earth and print it all off before that gets shut down like the guitar tabs!

"if we teach people theory... they might learn to play and steal our riffs :O"

Yeah, keytar is the correct term. They act as a Midi controller so you need a rack based synth module or at least a real keyboard to midi in into to produce sound.

Your best bet is the Roland AX7, My friend Chris (Lord ominous, here) and BAttleheart keyboard player uses it. It's dos, white and apparantly does the job.