Symphony X At The Astoria, Uk

rhinothing

New Metal Member
May 23, 2007
Just got back from the gig and wanted to say how damn good it was! The X were on fire (pun not intended) and completely blew me away.

Thanks guys, and please come back again soon!

couple of things might be in the wrong order but ill try and remember:

Oculus Ex Inferni
Set The World On Fire
Domination
Serpents Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
Through The Looking Glass
Sea of Lies
Smoke and Mirrors
Inferno
Revelation

-Encore-
The Immigrant Song/Eve of Seduction
Out of the Ashes
Of Sins and Shadows

thats the best i can remember of the top of my head!

Just one in the middle I'm not sure of. Surely 'Communion And the Oracle' or 'Walls of Babylon', as those are regulars in the Paradise Lost set.

Set The World On Fire (The Lie of Lies)
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
???
Inferno (Unleash The Fire)
Smoke And Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Revelation (Divus Pennae Ex Tragoedia) >
The Divine Wings of Tragedy Part VII: Paradise Regained
--------------
Immigrant Song >
Eve of Seduction
Out of The Ashes
Of Sins And Shadows

Yes!

They played Revelation and the last part of Divine Wings, too, right?

yeah cheers, added that to it now.

as for through the looking glass, ill warn you now they had a reggae breakdown which i dont remember hearing on the CD ;)(russells reggae vocals are suprisingly good!) and russell sang my favourite bit in the whole song an octave down :< (8:49 onwards)

they only played the first verse and chorus of the imigrant song, because they were in england and led zep are apparently Russells favourite band!

Just one in the middle I'm not sure of. Surely 'Communion And the Oracle' or 'Walls of Babylon', as those are regulars in the Paradise Lost set.

they played looking glass straight after paradise lost, i was hoping they would play communion but they didnt :< dont remember hearing one song from V, didnt here walls of babylon either.

when they played through the looking glass, they stopped in it 3 or 4 times, quite substantial pauses for russ to do some showboating.

couple of things might be in the wrong order but ill try and remember:

Oculus Ex Inferni
Set The World On Fire
Domination
Serpents Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
Inferno
Smoke and Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Revelation/Divine

-Encore-
The Immigrant Song/Eve of Seduction
Out of the Ashes
Of Sins and Shadows

thats the best i can remember of the top of my head!

Just corrected the order/last song before the encore according to my setlist (signed!!!!)

It was so great, and meeting the band afterwards was a real treat! Thank you guys!!

Best. Gig. Ever.

When the intro to Through the Looking Glass started I creamed my pants.

Managed to get right at the front too :D

Oh and met Herman Li there, AGAIN :lol: When I saw SX with DT last december I met Herman Li there too :rofl:

But I'm a little pissed that only I and a few other guys actually shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" at Romeo. Ignorant crowd :lol:

herman was at the bar next to me, but i dont consider him talented enough to warrant fanboyish conversation :D i was tempted though...

I'm really bummed that they're going to wreck the Astoria for the stupid Olympics. What a way to spread culture! Build a mall. :erk:

What?! Astoria is being knocked down?!

But I'm a little pissed that only I and a few other guys actually shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" at Romeo. Ignorant crowd :lol:

Haha, yeah i shouted it out just before their little bow at the end... i was trying to fit it in somewhere all night.. and after it all, i don't think he heard me... or at least didn't make much of a reaction...

Ah well...:loco: